+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Sad truth is I only get noticed by women and treated nice, when I wear a hat...

Last week, I went grocery shopping, but it was freezing cold, so I wore a hat....

For the first time, this good looking gal at the register smiled. She saw me 100s of times before at the same store but never smiled. This was the first time....Then I went to get some coffee at starbucks. Another cute girl smiled. She also has seen me tons of times.

I have realized the sad truth. I am not handsome at all like Jason statham or others. So, only with covering my Super norwood 7, did they finally notice me.

----------------------------
    I will still work out from time to time....But I have realized that all the working out in the world will not replace hair.....

Sorry to disappoint anyone.

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

Some men will exude more confidence with a hat on if they are losing of have lost hair and often will then carry themselves in a more confident manner and this is what the other person will pick up on often. It may not be the hair issue as such but just a confident manner, more direct eye contact or a smile that is given off and responded to that may be lacking when the hair loss is more evident and the individual feels less confident.

By no means a definitive reason but just a possibility for some and I know patients who have worn hats and myself identified with them and they said they feel far more confident when doing so and even enjoy cold weather because then hats are more the norm and they feel more free and less inhibited.

In any event hope she, they, smile next time also.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I have been married for just short of 25 years. Women see the world very differently than men do. A bad hair transplant is worse than being bald. Perhaps the worst repair case in the history of hair transplant surgery had a girlfriend when he had massive scarring, pitting and tattooing that turned blue. I just showed a repair consult my photos from ten years ago. Very depressing for me to look at even now. Many women just don't care that much about the things we men agonize over.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

If I had to sum it up in a few words through my own personal experience and 25 years of observation in the night club industry I would put it this way.

Care about how you look and feel for yourself but don’t care too much about how others care about how you look and feel. If you do they will instantly pick up on it. I can instantly pick up on someone who seems to feel uncomfortable with themselves as it is given off in subtle body language and I’m sure many others have had similar experiences where they might have picked up on the subtle clues of someone who seems to be uncomfortable.

Wearing the hat can easily help eliminate that subtle body language in the case of hairloss, learning to do it without the hat is a little harder but it can be done. The fact that you can do it with the hat already tells you that you possess these traits of inner confidence and it’s just a matter of bringing that back to the surface and not letting hairloss be a hindering factor.

Hay bro it's all about confidence I have a full head of hair that's curly and down to my shoulers olmost and I get complemented on it a lot
    but on the day I feel confident I get attention from girls and on the day my confident level is low i get 0 attention bro.
    I know it's hard I had some shedding going on and I went crazy but try your best to be confident and see the diffrents.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    The fact that you can do it with the hat already tells you that you possess these traits of inner confidence and it’s just a matter of bringing that back to the surface and not letting hairloss be a hindering factor.
    boom

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    if i had to sum it up in a few words through my own personal experience and 25 years of observation in the night club industry i would put it this way.

Care about how you look and feel for yourself but don’t care too much about how others care about how you look and feel. If you do they will instantly pick up on it. I can instantly pick up on someone who seems to feel uncomfortable with themselves as it is given off in subtle body language and i’m sure many others have had similar experiences where they might have picked up on the subtle clues of someone who seems to be uncomfortable.

Wearing the hat can easily help eliminate that subtle body language in the case of hairloss, learning to do it without the hat is a little harder but it can be done. The fact that you can do it with the hat already tells you that you possess these traits of inner confidence and it’s just a matter of bringing that back to the surface and not letting hairloss be a hindering factor.
    +1000

Damn, all these guys made some very good points. All I have to say is keep working on improving yourself. You don't have to be Mr. Universe to be in good shape. Just keep doing your thing. Picking up women will get easier as you get older. Looks will still be a factor, but they wont be the main factor like they are now.

Your going to be alright FlightTL, just keep your head up.

Smile

One way to overcome the fear of rejection is to reject women before they reject you. Always works

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    One way to overcome the fear of rejection is to reject women before they reject you. Always works
    Really?

I saw a guy that women loves always down talking women, and women melt and drop on their knees for this guy.

I guess you're right.