+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

This thread reminded me of a time at my work from approx 5 years ago.
    There was and is this good looking divorced woman coworker (around my age)
    She and I got along quite well. We worked together once in a while and had some decent chats, laughed together etc etc.
    I felt that she was being a bit flirtatious with me too.
    I certainly DID like the attention, it was FUN . Flirtation is always cool!
    I did like her BUT I was unavailable and anyway, I wouldnt date a coworker..I had learned that lesson the hard way long ago.
    Besides, she did have issues..everyone at work knew that.
    So , I was happy just to be her friend there.
    I ALWAYS WEAR A HAT at work ..everywhere else too.
    Us employees there must wear a VISIBLE photo ID badge for security reasons.
    I always wore it so that my ID image was turned around-No one could see my image unless they asked me.
    One day , at the beginning of the work day my coworker friend 'Sonya' walked up to me while I was busy doing something . I looked at her only to see that she was STARING down at my ID badge for a period of time.
    Of course, the badge image was facing out and she could not stop looking at it.
    I pretended as if I didn't notice, we had small talk right after and the she said that she had to get to her work area never mentioning my ID badge.
    After that day she seemed to have stayed away from me.
    She no longer came over to find me at my work-area.
    When I would walk up to her,,she was always 'busy'. When I saw her on the bus coming in she never would sit next to me either. (she did before)
    Now my friends keep in mind, I really DIDN'T care that she might be judging me by my hair loss. After-all, she did already have obvious personal 'issues' anyway and I was 'spoken for' anyway!! (I wouldnt cheat on my woman)
    It was disturbing that a coworker or anyone else would abruptly discontinue or impede a 'friendship' over the image of my hair loss.
    We never argued nor debated anything. We got along fine.
    I can only conclude that, she may have wanted more from our 'friendship' and then after seeing and staring so long at my ID badge that day, she lost INTEREST in me--LOL.
    No harm- No foul and No LOSS on my part.
    That is so crazy though.
    Oh by the way, since being on Fin' my new ID badge image is not so disturbing to me..I wear it normally,,people can see the image!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    This thread reminded me of a time at my work from approx 5 years ago.
    There was and is this good looking divorced woman coworker (around my age)
    She and I got along quite well. We worked together once in a while and had some decent chats, laughed together etc etc.
    I felt that she was being a bit flirtatious with me too.
    I certainly DID like the attention, it was FUN . Flirtation is always cool!
    I did like her BUT I was unavailable and anyway, I wouldnt date a coworker..I had learned that lesson the hard way long ago.
    Besides, she did have issues..everyone at work knew that.
    So , I was happy just to be her friend there.
    I ALWAYS WEAR A HAT at work ..everywhere else too.
    Us employees there must wear a VISIBLE photo ID badge for security reasons.
    I always wore it so that my ID image was turned around-No one could see my image unless they asked me.
    One day , at the beginning of the work day my coworker friend 'Sonya' walked up to me while I was busy doing something . I looked at her only to see that she was STARING down at my ID badge for a period of time.
    Of course, the badge image was facing out and she could not stop looking at it.
    I pretended as if I didn't notice, we had small talk right after and the she said that she had to get to her work area never mentioning my ID badge.
    After that day she seemed to have stayed away from me.
    She no longer came over to find me at my work-area.
    When I would walk up to her,,she was always 'busy'. When I saw her on the bus coming in she never would sit next to me either. (she did before)
    Now my friends keep in mind, I really DIDN'T care that she might be judging me by my hair loss. After-all, she did already have obvious personal 'issues' anyway and I was 'spoken for' anyway!! (I wouldnt cheat on my woman)
    It was disturbing that a coworker or anyone else would abruptly discontinue or impede a 'friendship' over the image of my hair loss.
    We never argued nor debated anything. We got along fine.
    I can only conclude that, she may have wanted more from our 'friendship' and then after seeing and staring so long at my ID badge that day, she lost INTEREST in me--LOL.
    No harm- No foul and No LOSS on my part.
    That is so crazy though.
    Oh by the way, since being on Fin' my new ID badge image is not so disturbing to me..I wear it normally,,people can see the image!!

I knew there was something to this. Till this day, women have shunned me completely. Only with a hat on, did I get a few smiles....

Some guys have all the hair in the world...others like me, are destined to Norwood 7 from a young age, will never have a normal psychological outlook on life.

I will keep working out though, because the endorphins feel good, even if the feeling lasts only a few hours.

LONG LIVE SPENCER KOBREN AND JOE FROM SI, THE LEADER OF US HAIR LOSS SUFFERERS.