+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is Post FUE/FUT Redness Common?

Hi,

Brand new member & I firstly just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you on here. I'm 28 years old and have been researching for nearly 2 years as to whether to proceed with a HT, & also which method/clinic/how many grafts, Regaine/Propecia/Both/None etc etc!!

I've finally paid my deposit and due to go ahead with surgery in April. Following the mixed emotions due to the realisation as to how much it will be going to cost, i've now started researching post op recovery times. I have 14 days scheduled off work after the op & i've not completely decided if i'm going to tell my colleagues. I just wanted to seek some opinions as to how common redness is two weeks+ after surgery? I've seen a lot of pictures where the redness subsides but then as the hairs shed the redness looks more visible than it was at day 14? I showed some pictures to the surgeon and he mentioned that this was most likely an infection, however after reading numerous blogs i'm starting to believe that the redness is inevitable and cant be avoided?

Appreciate any help anyone is able to offer!

Thank you.

This is exactly my problem too. I'm all ready for the booking stage but scared about the post op redness lasting. Some examples you see people looking normal after two weeks, and others are still red 2 months after.

Are you planning to keep it a secret for your work mates? Will you be able too?

I was looking at taking two months off unpaid leave to cover myself for any post op redness cos I work in a male environment where is p*ss taking would be through the roof. I'm even considering keeping it shaven for until to 6 months after.

Some times I think, I just can't realistically do this. But then I see my hair disappearing and it just gets me down all the time

What is your total cost roughly? Over 10 grand, 15 grand? And who with?

Regards

Redness is very normal and to be expected. like your reading, some tend to last longer than others. Use aloe to help with the redness.... it will also help with the healing and will not effect the grafts. once you are healed, if needed, don't be afraid to use a foundation or concelor if the redness is that much of an issue. from my experience it is a rare event though. there are ways to hide it.

Sometimes you have to own the situation. I Told some one about my HT coming up and I got a weird look. I told him I'm not going bald like mike, if Welker can do it so can I. Some people will use your genetic faults as a crutch for their life and I have no problem calling them out on that. Yeah the money end sucks. I'm not rich but thank god I'm not poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemeakipper View Post
    This is exactly my problem too. I'm all ready for the booking stage but scared about the post op redness lasting. Some examples you see people looking normal after two weeks, and others are still red 2 months after.

Are you planning to keep it a secret for your work mates? Will you be able too?

I was looking at taking two months off unpaid leave to cover myself for any post op redness cos I work in a male environment where is p*ss taking would be through the roof. I'm even considering keeping it shaven for until to 6 months after.

Some times I think, I just can't realistically do this. But then I see my hair disappearing and it just gets me down all the time

What is your total cost roughly? Over 10 grand, 15 grand? And who with?

Regards
    Sorry for the late reply! I'm in a similar position really working in a predominantly male based environment. I've kind of accepted that I won't be able to hide the redness and clinging on to the hope that I may be able to hide some of it with my existing hair. Rightly or wrongly I'm not shaving the top as it would be too drastic.

If I had the money I'd consider having a while off work for recovery but unfortunately I'll be back after two weeks! Did you book in the end?

Hi

I have recieved 2 hair transplants. Both times it was red for about 5 months. Some are less than that , and I have never heard of anyone longer than that.

The best defense is to keep your hair long so that you can comb it over the graft areas for the first while. I would not apply any of your wifes make up to it for the first month but after that, ask your significant other if she can cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hi

I have recieved 2 hair transplants. Both times it was red for about 5 months. Some are less than that , and I have never heard of anyone longer than that.

The best defense is to keep your hair long so that you can comb it over the graft areas for the first while. I would not apply any of your wifes make up to it for the first month but after that, ask your significant other if she can cover it up.
    Thanks for the advice drybone. Really helpful. I'm not shaving my hair for my fue (apart from the donor area) so I'm hoping a bit can be covered with the existing hair. Whenever I see the redness in pictures it doesn't look horrendously red, just a bit irritated. Could it be quiet possible for people to not even think much of it or is it a bit weird looking? I may even try to pass it off as a scalp irritation!!

Quote Originally Posted by C21 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply! I'm in a similar position really working in a predominantly male based environment. I've kind of accepted that I won't be able to hide the redness and clinging on to the hope that I may be able to hide some of it with my existing hair. Rightly or wrongly I'm not shaving the top as it would be too drastic.

If I had the money I'd consider having a while off work for recovery but unfortunately I'll be back after two weeks! Did you book in the end?
    Hi, not booked up yet. I'm due to see Dr Bisanga this weekend all been well. All my research as led to either him or Dr Feriduni.

Who is yours with? When is it?

I would ideally like to keep my hair long too (apart from the doner) with a view of disguising the redness. I like to think with leaving my hair with some length on it, and a few months off work, that it would go unnoticed. However, all the clinics seem to require it shaven so I'm interested in who you are using if they are able to do it unshaven.

I'm from the UK. From research it seems that the private clinic in london do unshaven fue but there doesn't seen to be many reviews for post op photos from people who have attended the clinic which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Want it done to then move on but this issue is really holding me back.

Regards

Post op redness varies greatly from patient to patient as had already been stated. If you have pale skin and tend to burn in the sun or don't heal that well from a cut you will most likely stay redder longer. I have seen patients after 1 week where there is no redness and some I have seen lasted 6 months.

6 months is the extreme and tends to be pink as opposed to red and looks a little like a mild sunburn or a rash. It can be healed by using aloe vera, if you need to get to work then some foundation will help cover this. If you are having just hairline work you could style your hair forward.

Working in a all male environment and them finding out I expect you would get some ribbing but this would stop after the novelty wears off and I expect that once they see how you hair looks in 6 months plus you will asked questions by some of the guys who are loosing their hair.

I think as Hicks says it's how you approach the situation if you decide to tell them and they sense you are a bit embarrassed by it and they will pick up on that, if you state you have had it done and it's going to look great then they will soon get bored of taking the p**s when they can't get a rise out of you.

Appreciate the latter is hard to do for a lot of guys as we are all self conscious about loosing our hair and admitting a transplant. Most patients take 2 weeks off work some a bit longer but 2 months is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemeakipper View Post
    Hi, not booked up yet. I'm due to see Dr Bisanga this weekend all been well. All my research as led to either him or Dr Feriduni.

Who is yours with? When is it?

I would ideally like to keep my hair long too (apart from the doner) with a view of disguising the redness. I like to think with leaving my hair with some length on it, and a few months off work, that it would go unnoticed. However, all the clinics seem to require it shaven so I'm interested in who you are using if they are able to do it unshaven.

I'm from the UK. From research it seems that the private clinic in london do unshaven fue but there doesn't seen to be many reviews for post op photos from people who have attended the clinic which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Want it done to then move on but this issue is really holding me back.

Regards
    Yeah it seems like we are in really similar circumstances really, i guess a lot of people want to hide it. Ever since i booked up in January i've been researching on post op recovery do's & dont's and the timescales involved. It will be nice once i've had the treatment to just deal with it and face any issues head on!

I'm also from the UK, i've booked with Ziering in the Midlands. Dr Krishnan will be doing the surgery. I had around 5 consultations with different practices and were really happy with Ziering. Have you made any progression with booking?