+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by garageland View Post
    Post op redness varies greatly from patient to patient as had already been stated. If you have pale skin and tend to burn in the sun or don't heal that well from a cut you will most likely stay redder longer. I have seen patients after 1 week where there is no redness and some I have seen lasted 6 months.

6 months is the extreme and tends to be pink as opposed to red and looks a little like a mild sunburn or a rash. It can be healed by using aloe vera, if you need to get to work then some foundation will help cover this. If you are having just hairline work you could style your hair forward.

Working in a all male environment and them finding out I expect you would get some ribbing but this would stop after the novelty wears off and I expect that once they see how you hair looks in 6 months plus you will asked questions by some of the guys who are loosing their hair.

I think as Hicks says it's how you approach the situation if you decide to tell them and they sense you are a bit embarrassed by it and they will pick up on that, if you state you have had it done and it's going to look great then they will soon get bored of taking the p**s when they can't get a rise out of you.

Appreciate the latter is hard to do for a lot of guys as we are all self conscious about loosing our hair and admitting a transplant. Most patients take 2 weeks off work some a bit longer but 2 months is excessive.
    Thanks for the feedback garageland. Thats really good to know that some redness is gone after a few weeks. Even if its not as you say i can try and cover it up.

I think your spot on though. If anyone asks any questions and i just embrace it then it will be fine. I've got to the point now where i think i'm doing this for myself and nobody else, and if they have issues with it then so be it.

Coincidentally i was looking through some of the random albums that appear at the top of this forum and i was just looking through your gallery. Your results are really impressive!

Agree fully with garageland. Try Aloe Vera (a brand that is as natural as possible) or try concealer/makeup. I do like the idea of being upfront with your co-workers. Let them know it is a big deal for you, ask them to lay off, etc.

FYI - I am 5 days post FUE (1500 grafts) with redness and as soon as the follicles are set in place (around 7-10 days post procedure) I will use aloe.

There is another good thread on redness at:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12980

Quote Originally Posted by C21 View Post
    Yeah it seems like we are in really similar circumstances really, i guess a lot of people want to hide it. Ever since i booked up in January i've been researching on post op recovery do's & dont's and the timescales involved. It will be nice once i've had the treatment to just deal with it and face any issues head on!

I'm also from the UK, i've booked with Ziering in the Midlands. Dr Krishnan will be doing the surgery. I had around 5 consultations with different practices and were really happy with Ziering. Have you made any progression with booking?
    Hi,

So next month it'll be the big day for you! I can imagine that once it's done it'll be a feeling of relief and then you can just deal with whatever happens re the recovery. I'd be really interested with how you get on, especially at what point you feel all signs of the procedure disappear, or at least when your able to disguise it.

Are you requiring to be shaved? If so have you taken any pre-op strategies such as shaving your head now ready for people been used to seeing you with short hair? Therefore not having there attention brought to it when you return?

I saw Dr Bisanga in london last weekend. A long day cos we made a day out of the trip down.

He said approx 2500 to 3000 grafts as I expected and at the cost I expected. As I say I'm ready to go and would get this done tomorrow if it weren't for the recovery period. Dr Bisanga said 2 months as I planned is quite a long time and not needed, he said most people take 2 weeks. But from the photos I've seen I think 2 weeks for me is just too risky.

Next step is to see what time I can take off work, I'm looking towards the back end of the year. I can't really go down the honest route of telling everyone, it'd be more of a case of doing it on the hope I can hide it, but if it is noticeable then a that point I'd need to come about it or deal with it the best way I can.

Will you be taking photos and updating re your procedure? How many grafts are you getting done?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemeakipper View Post
    Hi,

So next month it'll be the big day for you! I can imagine that once it's done it'll be a feeling of relief and then you can just deal with whatever happens re the recovery. I'd be really interested with how you get on, especially at what point you feel all signs of the procedure disappear, or at least when your able to disguise it.

Are you requiring to be shaved? If so have you taken any pre-op strategies such as shaving your head now ready for people been used to seeing you with short hair? Therefore not having there attention brought to it when you return?

I saw Dr Bisanga in london last weekend. A long day cos we made a day out of the trip down.

He said approx 2500 to 3000 grafts as I expected and at the cost I expected. As I say I'm ready to go and would get this done tomorrow if it weren't for the recovery period. Dr Bisanga said 2 months as I planned is quite a long time and not needed, he said most people take 2 weeks. But from the photos I've seen I think 2 weeks for me is just too risky.

Next step is to see what time I can take off work, I'm looking towards the back end of the year. I can't really go down the honest route of telling everyone, it'd be more of a case of doing it on the hope I can hide it, but if it is noticeable then a that point I'd need to come about it or deal with it the best way I can.

Will you be taking photos and updating re your procedure? How many grafts are you getting done?

Cheers
    Smokemeakipper, thought if get back to you with an update! I'm 2 weeks out now and it was my first day back at work today. Nobody noticed or said a word. I've posted my pictures on a thread Dr Krishnan on this site for all to see!