+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rogaine sides already?

After 10 mins of first applying walmart brand minoxidil foam I had an ache behind my right eye. I went to bed and now today it's still there. I have to imagine this is the Minox. Anyone else experience this? Should I stop?

If you believe you are experiencing the possible side effects of ANY medication you should stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you believe you are experiencing the possible side effects of ANY medication you should stop using it.
    ..and Finasteride? People say ride through the sides, and all will be fine once the body adjusts?

People believe what they believe. There is no changing a persons belief once they have set their mind to it.

People believe what they believe. There is no changing a persons belief once they have set their mind to it.
    Fair enough. But what scares me about quitting Finasteride (if I was to try it and decide it wasnt for me) is the "Post Finasteride Crash" Jeez that seems worse than the sides ppl report whilst on it.

So, quitting that drug once starting it, scares the life out of me. Alas, I'm going bald.

I can't comment with experience on this obviously. I can only say that I know many men who are on 5mg per day for their prostates as well as some who are on 1mg for their hair, including two of my own nephews. I am friends with most of their wives and girlfriends. Either they themselves or their girlfriends tell me they are not having any troubles with it at all. I only hear about troubles with it online. Nowhere else.

I can comment with experience about Minoxidil though. I have never had any trouble with it, neither has my sister, brother, my cousins or anyone else I know who uses it.

Every medication has possible side effects. There is no such thing as a medication that does not have possible side effects. There never has been, there aren't any now and there probably never will be. But if a person is focused on those possible side effects and believes they are going to get them, they will get them, especially if they are absolutely terrified of them.

I can't comment with experience on this obviously. I can only say that I know many men who are on 5mg per day for their prostates as well as some who are on 1mg for their hair, including two of my own nephews. I am friends with most of their wives and girlfriends. Either they themselves or their girlfriends tell me they are not having any troubles with it at all. I only hear about troubles with it online. Nowhere else.

I can comment with experience about Minoxidil though. I have never had any trouble with it, neither has my sister, brother, my cousins or anyone else I know who uses it.

Every medication has possible side effects. There is no such thing as a medication that does not have possible side effects. There never has been, there aren't any now and there probably never will be. But if a person is focused on those possible side effects and believes they are going to get them, they will get them, especially if they are absolutely terrified of them.
    Ive just been given tests personally myself, Prostate etc. Was kinda hoping I'd get prescribed Proscar or Avodart. Wasn't to be, turns out it's over active bladder.

So I'll be prescribed a pill for that(Mirabegron I believe) which in turn scares me about trying Fin because the two might clash. Oh well, guess I'm stuffed.

Tks for the replies, as always tho
    Last edited by Jcm800; 01-25-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Can't type.

That is not good advice by any means. I have crohns so I'm well educated in a lot of different medicines. 99% of people suffer common sides of all types of drugs. Allergy medicine for example wouldn't be on the market if everyone who got drowsy followed your advice. The goal is to lessen the sides.

The only side I have had on minox is the damn itchy scalp. If I had a ache behind my eye, I would stop taking minox. I continued to take finasteride when I did get the ball ache that many describe. It was more discomfort than anything. If it was extreme pain, I would have stopped fin also.

"So, quitting that drug once starting it, scares the life out of me. Alas, I'm going bald."

Jcm800,
    I am not sure how much hair you have on your head, but if I was in the beginning stages of hair loss, I would probably have the same reluctance to taking fin. I would probably accept being bald over the slight chance of getting sides, if I still had a good head of hair. Once you see yourself actually going bald, developing that horse shoe on the top of your head, your mindset changes, at least mine did. The problem is, my mindset changed 15 years after I started losing hair. At this point there isn't much the available treatments can do. Unfortunately many of the "scared" guys finally decide to give fin a try when they can't stand to look in the mirror anymore. Most of the time it is way too late for fin or anything else to make any noticeable difference.

Cheers Notcoolanymore. I have quite a lot still but, it's thinning at the crown, hairline is knocked out and receding, hard to camouflage now.

It's desperado saloon for me now. If I don't try Fin this year, i never will. It'll be pointless I reckon.