+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Players

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You're forgetting Follica, which I think will show better results than Histogen and Replicel (just a hunch).
    So long as the active ingredient isnt Saw palmetto im game.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    So long as the active ingredient isnt Saw palmetto im game.
    It's FGF-9. You should look into Follica and some of the studies/patents. It looks 'promising' and far more legit than all the other crap out there.

The whole Follica situation is so confusing. I remember reading that they only needed the skin perturbation procedure/equipment approved and patented, and that they were using already approved compounds (thinking back, that's probably referring to the lithium gluconate applied in their recent trials).

So will they need to conduct full and totally separate trials for FGF9, or perhaps there's a quicker route? What about the whole 'PGD2 treatment could be on the shelves in 2 years', how does that fit in to Follica's treatment model?

To add to the confusion, their investors say they're half way through human trials. They don't say for which method, just 'Follica'.

EDIT: This is pretty interesting:

Follica’s idea, then, is to use its proprietary devices—around which Olle says the company has a broad group of patents—to induce this process to occur, and then add Fgf9. What this would lead to, in theory, is a hair-raising procedure: a doctor would use a device specifically created by Follica to remove the top layers of the skin in a targeted area of hair loss. (Olle says the procedure isn’t painful, but the area could be numbed anyway.) While the skin is in this state, the doctor would then apply a drug. Olle declined to specify what type of drug this would be, whether that drug would contain fgf9, or if the procedure/drug combination would induce the body to produce fgf9 on its own. He did say, though, that the company has been doing a lot of work with topical formulations that are applied directly to the skin.

Follica said in its statement that it has already done preclinical tests that combine devices it has created to disrupt the skin with several unspecified “known and novel drugs.” It also claims to have run “a series” of human clinical trials, including a mid-stage study that has caused new hair follicles to be produced in humans. Unfortunately for our rabid readers, however, Olle and Follica aren’t offering many details from these studies, other than to indicate that the platform is proving to work so far and that the research has paved the way for the company’s next step: to try a specific device configuration with a specific, well-known and studied drug (meaning it wouldn’t have to be as extensively tested as a new chemical) in a group of human patients.

“We’ve been able to consistently show that we crate substantial new hair follicles in humans, and that’s something that no other approach in hair loss as far as I am aware has been able to achieve,” Olle says. “That’s a critical step. The goal of some of those early trials has been to test the hypothesis of the mechanism that we had seen in mice.”

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I take it they're all 5 years away?
    http://kasiakresearch.com/clinical_growth.html

Apparently their done with phase 2 so no i dont think so. And no press release promising 5 year release date from before. Granted their results arent ground breaking but it is something, and it might be something with out severe side effects. I started this thread so ppl can contribute and try to find some new info on future treatments. Come on guys! Idc what anyone says, the future for baldies looks bright. And no not because of these treatments or maybe that are even in the pipeline, but because there is a light at the tunnel. Just look at how many ppl are trying to bring us something better. And yes, all we can ask for is companies to try. No one owes us a cure, and if you wanna blame someone, then blame your parents for giving you the genes that they did lol. Not researchers.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BDDFreak View Post

Apparently their done with phase 2 so no i dont think so. And no press release promising 5 year release date from before. Granted their results arent ground breaking but it is something, and it might be something with out severe side effects. I started this thread so ppl can contribute and try to find some new info on future treatments. Come on guys! Idc what anyone says, the future for baldies looks bright. And no not because of these treatments or maybe that are even in the pipeline, but because there is a light at the tunnel. Just look at how many ppl are trying to bring us something better. And yes, all we can ask for is companies to try. No one owes us a cure, and if you wanna blame someone, then blame your parents for giving you the genes that they did lol. Not researchers.
    When we see prince William rocking out with the bieber bangs , then my friends we will tune in . Follica are my bet . Hurry the **** up !

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
    When we see prince William rocking out with the bieber bangs , then my friends we will tune in . Follica are my bet . Hurry the **** up !
    I wonder if anyone at Follica has read any of the complaints from the hair loss community about them taking a pathetically long time to release their treatment?

Have any of the other biotechs realized their insanely poor progres? Why the hell are all of them taking so damn long?

I wonder if anyone at Follica has read any of the complaints from the hair loss community about them taking a pathetically long time to release their treatment?

Have any of the other biotechs realized their insanely poor progres? Why the hell are all of them taking so damn long?
    I'm pretty sure they want a cure now..... it'll boost everyone in the company's stock options much more than one more round of funding for R&D...... I'm sure they're working as hard as they can...

Quote Originally Posted by BDDFreak View Post

I have to say, but when i saw the pictures i laughed... LOL

http://kasiakresearch.com/images/hair.png

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    I have to say, but when i saw the pictures i laughed... LOL

http://kasiakresearch.com/images/hair.png
    Isn't that more results than histogen has to show for though ?

Why the hell are all of them taking so damn long?
    Cause they have shit all for a working product. And even with a cure, the FDA processs is the epitome of expensive bureaucracy.