Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billyzane
    • Dec 2013

wearing a hat

hey guys. ive been wearing a relatively snug hat since a month after my hair transplant. my HT surgeon said it was fine to wear one after week 3. i wear it for about 4 hours per day. anyone else on here wore a hat after their HT? Would be interested to see how your HT turned out.
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by billyzane
    hey guys. ive been wearing a relatively snug hat since a month after my hair transplant. my HT surgeon said it was fine to wear one after week 3. i wear it for about 4 hours per day. anyone else on here wore a hat after their HT? Would be interested to see how your HT turned out.
    Most everyone has heard the old superstition, wearing a hat will make you go bald. It's important that the hat isn't tight enough to cut off circulation. I doubt that happens often. We all sleep on the back and sides of our head, putting pressure there while we're out and that's generally the hair with the greatest longevity! I personally like bandannas. They are light and comfortable.

Please don't worry about wearing a hat. You do want to keep the sun off your scalp.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• billyzane
      • Dec 2013

thanks a lot for your reply. makes a lot of sense

Comment

• greatjob!
        • Aug 2011

I wore a hat nearly all day after my transplant for almost a year, it had zero effect.

Comment

• billyzane
          • Dec 2013

wow really? what sort of hat was it? like a beanie hat?

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

wow really? what sort of hat was it? like a beanie hat?
            Right after the transplant I wore an adjustable snapback hat to account for swelling. Then after the swelling was gone and the sutures were removed I wore normal fitted hats or snapbacks with my normal adjustment level. You can really wear any hat you want though after 2 weeks post-op, hats won't cause hairloss or effect your transplant growth.

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

If you have strip, and choose to wear a baseball type cap, be sure that you wear one that has an adjustable band because you don't want undue tension above and/or below the sutures. Nor should the band be lying across the sutures themselves.

It should fit more loose and not tight and wish you all the best...
              "Gillenator"
              Independent Patient Advocate
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• arc31
                • Mar 2013

I wore a snapback hat a notch looser than I normally would wear 5 days a week for about 8 hours on those days(Days I was at work). I wore the snapback for about 2 months and then I went to my fitted cap and wore that for and additional 2 months. Once I was into 4.5 month post op I was comfortable enough to go hatless and I couldn't tell you how great it feels. 5 months post op in 2 days and I'm loving it.

Comment

• rev3
                  • May 2012

i wore a snapback constantly as well and had inflammation and pimples on one side with uneven growth

but i still agree with GREAT JOB! on his assessment

you'll be fine

Comment

• billyzane
                    • Dec 2013

Does a snapback sit on the hair? I've been wearing this beanie for around 4 hours a day, just went im out and about. It's loose on my head. You guys think its okay? I started wearing it around one month after the procedure.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Aug 2012

Does a snapback sit on the hair? I've been wearing this beanie for around 4 hours a day, just went im out and about. It's loose on my head. You guys think its okay? I started wearing it around one month after the procedure.
                      You should be fine. As I mentioned in the previous post, I prefer bandannas because they're light and comfortable. The thin cotton ones let the air in.

Chuck,
                      Dr. Cole's office

Comment

Working...