+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Guys I need help regarding continued thinning post HT

Hi

I got a HT with Dr Feriduni 7 months ago and am very pleased with the coverage and overall look. However my crown was thinning at the time and Dr Feriduni advised me to take propecia. I started it in June 2013, but very slowly initially ( .25 EOD )

I was hammered with spots and breakouts for 2 months after starting but stuck with it. I changed up to .5mg EOD about 2 months ago. I saw a bit of a shed and assumed it was to the medication. But looking at my recent photos it has gotten way worse!!

I have read numerous posts regarding the efficacy at .5mg. My question is am I taking enough? As far as I remember .5mg inhibits about 80% that 1mg inhibits. Also EOD usage is ok also as DHT only starts to rise again after 72 hours.

I need serious answers from guys who have been in a similar position. I really cant get my crown filled in as I cant afford it at the moment.

As u can see from the top down pic my hair has taken a hammering over the last 6 months. I don't know how it could go so bad in so short a time.

Also its under a harsh light so its prob not as bad as it looks but its still a million miles away from 7 months ago.

I am ordering my Fin from inhouse but I seriously doubting if they are legit as it doesn't seem to be working at all, even tho they have a good rep.

I have been on minox foam twice a day for the last 3 months but it seems to be doing sweet FA also.

Advice welcome guys

Thanks a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7895 (428x640).jpg

Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	24771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1424.jpg

Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	24774  

Hmmm, even if your finasteride wasn't legit, that's a of crown loss in such a short amount of time. I am no expert, but I would actually say that your fin is legit and the hair you have lost were the weaker hairs. Hopefully you start regrowing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hmmm, even if your finasteride wasn't legit, that's a of crown loss in such a short amount of time. I am no expert, but I would actually say that your fin is legit and the hair you have lost were the weaker hairs. Hopefully you start regrowing soon.
    Hey. Yeah its the amount lost in the short amount of time that's the worry. I know people go thru sheds on the meds but its a massive amount.

As is the case, Im starting to question every lifestyle choice now including nizoral usage, diet, gym usage, minox etc.

Can anyone else chime in?

Thanks

The other worry I have is that I see numerous people regrowing on Fin like 4/5 months after starting. Im at month 7 and its one way traffic. I can appreciate everyone responds differently tho.

I am probably going to book in for a consult and DHT level tests to see if its where it should be. Im wondering if there is any use bumping it up to 1mg EOD or even trying to take .5mg every day.

First of you have been on minoxidil for past 3 months, you also state past two months you change the dosage. I done dosage changed never effected me, secondly minoxidil sheds hit me hard and I looked bad, it takes 6/7th Months hair started coming back.

1. I would get legit original finesteride for peace of mind.
    2 . Use minoxidil on time twice a day, also again get legit stuff, stick with one brand.
    3. I recommend best shampoo regenepure DR and NT along with tricomin spray. I used regenepure daily whole year along with NT I had good growth. Consider also using some hair oils, coconut, castor oil, sesa oil emu oil.
    4. Nizoral is way to harsh.
    To me reading your description it sounds like minoxidil shed.

Ps I took 0.25 mg fin as I had bad sides now I'm on 1mg past year or so EOD doing fine and great. I would try 1mg EOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    First of you have been on minoxidil for past 3 months, you also state past two months you change the dosage. I done dosage changed never effected me, secondly minoxidil sheds hit me hard and I looked bad, it takes 6/7th Months hair started coming back.

1. I would get legit original finesteride for peace of mind.
    2 . Use minoxidil on time twice a day, also again get legit stuff, stick with one brand.
    3. I recommend best shampoo regenepure DR and NT along with tricomin spray. I used regenepure daily whole year along with NT I had good growth. Consider also using some hair oils, coconut, castor oil, sesa oil emu oil.
    4. Nizoral is way to harsh.
    To me reading your description it sounds like minoxidil shed.

Ps I took 0.25 mg fin as I had bad sides now I'm on 1mg past year or so EOD doing fine and great. I would try 1mg EOD.
    Ok sound man thanks for replying. U reckon Regenepure is the way to go in terms of an anti-dht shampoo? Chrisis advised me to switch also a while ago.

I appreciate the crown loss could be due to the minox but the shedding is happening all over. Even in amongst the transplanted hair. As u can see from my pre op pics I was not shedding much in these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Ok sound man thanks for replying. U reckon Regenepure is the way to go in terms of an anti-dht shampoo? Chrisis advised me to switch also a while ago.

I appreciate the crown loss could be due to the minox but the shedding is happening all over. Even in amongst the transplanted hair. As u can see from my pre op pics I was not shedding much in these areas.
    Yes 100% man iv been through loads shampos I tried everything, if you don't beleive me I can post so many pictures. Regenpure is the best, right now I miss using it I have tons of them I bought, I'm alergic to it currently as I took biotin gave me acne and I have wait till it flushes out as regenepure started breaking me out due to b complex. I used it before biotin for more than a year it did great job I used tiny amount daily and left it in for 15 minutes the Dr and 2 minutes wash NT. Trust me minoxidol causes sheds people panic, I would first not stress it makes you get propecia sides iv had all that, keep clam don't think about it. Carry on with the meds get all legit stuff and wait another 6 months hairs will come back have faithe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Yes 100% man iv been through loads shampos I tried everything, if you don't beleive me I can post so many pictures. Regenpure is the best, right now I miss using it I have tons of them I bought, I'm alergic to it currently as I took biotin gave me acne and I have wait till it flushes out as regenepure started breaking me out due to b complex. I used it before biotin for more than a year it did great job I used tiny amount daily and left it in for 15 minutes the Dr and 2 minutes wash NT. Trust me minoxidol causes sheds people panic, I would first not stress it makes you get propecia sides iv had all that, keep clam don't think about it. Carry on with the meds get all legit stuff and wait another 6 months hairs will come back have faithe.

Yeah I can appreciate the crown shed as it could be due to minox. Im a bit worried about the shedding at the front of my head. Its an overall shedding not just confined. I will keep up with the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Yeah I can appreciate the crown shed as it could be due to minox. Im a bit worried about the shedding at the front of my head. Its an overall shedding not just confined. I will keep up with the meds.
    Someone will correct me but I'm sure people who have transplant hairs do shed that come back stronger etc. best you can do is be consistant with everything and ride it out another 6 months then judge.

I've been on the big 3 for 14 months. Last last month I hired a personal trainer and switched to regenepure Dr and NT. I'm going through one heck off a shed. Some days it looks like crap other days it's ok. I stopped using DR and NT together. I always use a conditioner. I thought NT was the conditioner. It's not.