+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This disease.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    This disease.

I wonder how many young men have been driven to suicide from this disease. Not that I'm any where near this mindset; but I wonder.

It can be so taxing for a person, emotionally. So incredibly crushing, especially at a young age.

I wonder as well how men and women with alopecia totalis cope? Maybe they're better off, having never had hair at all to have lost.

This disease wages war on the spirit. Our options are so limited; I find the feeling of helplessness often overwhelms all.

This disease wages war on the spirit.
    Clandestine, you're wise beyond your years and your posts are very eloquent and true. People who do not suffer from hair loss (or suffer from extremely minimal hair loss) cannot comprehend the drastic and negative effects that hair loss has on a person's life. As Spencer says, hair loss colors every aspect of our lives from our relationships with women to our motivation to achieve and succeed in life. When a person's visual looks erode, it rages hell on their spirit.

You're right about our options being so limited as well. As I've said before, statistically only about 5-10 percent of people seek treatment for hair loss. That's not because they're simply content in watching their looks deteriorate before their eyes, it's because today's treatment options are so limited and/or ineffective.

Another thing that I can't stand is the state of the hair restoration industry today. They seem to be perfectly content on making exorbitant amounts of money on hair transplants and wigs, while not doing much of anything to innovate to help out the majority of hair loss sufferers. And the small innovations that they do make and pigeon-holed to hair transplantation and will never appeal to the majority of hair loss sufferers. So-called innovations like an ARTAS robot or head tattooing will never even come close to appealing to the mainstream.

So true! Im young and balding very bad (NW4)! I have mild suicidal thoughts that comes and goes and Im also crying now and than (which is unlike me) because of my damn hair loss!

I have to say that I admire young guys that doesn´t care about their hair loss because I find it almost impossible to accept the fact that Im balding.

It is very difficult, but i know i am definitely much stronger person emotionally after all this balding issue in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkeh91 View Post
    So true! Im young and balding very bad (NW4)! I have mild suicidal thoughts that comes and goes and Im also crying now and than (which is unlike me) because of my damn hair loss!

I have to say that I admire young guys that doesn´t care about their hair loss because I find it almost impossible to accept the fact that Im balding.
    This (hair loss) is a CURSE. No less. It's a cancer that destroys the soul. I wish I could ask god WHAT the purpose of this curse is. That's all I want to know.

5 1/2 hair transplants and over $22,000 and 13 years and my whole life on hold and I keep losing my transplanted hair. Soon I don't think I'll have any left, all thanks to a rare condition that causes the grafts to be rejected with time. Only 1 or 2% of people have this curse and I happen to be one of those!! Thank you god for this special gift that doesn't stop destroying.

Unfortunately suicide isn't an option because I don't to go to another hell. I've contemplated going homeless. It would be nice if the ground just opened up and swallowed me. I really don't know what to do with my life any more.

Damn that's harsh. Hang in there!

Just out of curiosity, what is this condition?

It ruined my life, without question. I shaved my head at 19/20 due to the worst hairline of any teenager in history. If you look down on me from above my hairline literally looked like this (''''I_I'''') and there is no hairstyle in the world that could even come close to covering that up, and now I look like that from behind. It ruined my confidence, self esteem, self worth, motivation, desire, ambition, it ruined everything because I always think whats the point as I don't want to look like this and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'm embarrassed to be bald.

The only time I ever feel suicidal is when I look in the mirror. I have no doubt many men have taken their lives over it and I think it's absurd that people brush it off and say "that has nothing to do with it". Still no one cares and nothing will be done about it because it's only "vanity".

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    It ruined my life, without question. I shaved my head at 19/20 due to the worst hairline of any teenager in history. If you look down on me from above my hairline literally looked like this (''''I_I'''') and there is no hairstyle in the world that could even come close to covering that up, and now I look like that from behind. It ruined my confidence, self esteem, self worth, motivation, desire, ambition, it ruined everything because I always think whats the point as I don't want to look like this and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'm embarrassed to be bald.

The only time I ever feel suicidal is when I look in the mirror. I have no doubt many men have taken their lives over it and I think it's absurd that people brush it off and say "that has nothing to do with it". Still no one cares and nothing will be done about it because it's only "vanity".
    I'm sorry.

I'm 21 destined for NW7.
    Hair loss 'treatments' have exacerbated my hair loss, I'm NW4 almost 5.
    I know how you feel.

I'm sorry, for us all.

I'm with all of you. Started losing my hair at 17, now I'm 31 and I shave it everyday. I actually like the way I look with a shaved head, more or less, trouble is I'm the minority in a sea of tall, regular haired guys. Then the thought of all those years of sadness and pain just makes the cycle continue. All it would take is for one good girl to be a part of my life for it to be ok.

being 6'2 or above makes you taller than like 98% of the world.

there is no sea of tall people.

this is coming from someone who is 6'4 though

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    being 6'2 or above makes you taller than like 98% of the world.

there is no sea of tall people.

this is coming from someone who is 6'4 though
    Not sure if this is in response to my comment. In any case, I wish I was 6'2. I'm a modest 5'8. I feel like the bald short combination is the ultimate killer. I have to master the art of overcompensation in pretty much everything, which not only shapes my personality, but also how hard I work. Girls don't seem to notice that or if they do they really just don't give a shit. I hate them more than I hate myself.