+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by thomas818 View Post
    I see the facts of dutasteride have been written here. All that I can add is my own experience using dutasteride.
    I used propecia a few years ago but the sexual side effects made me give that up. Now I know the percentages of those studied who experience the same effects are said to be low. But myself and two other guys who have tried propecia all had the same sexual side effects. Could jsut be coincedence but we all stopped taking it because of it.
    One of these guys started taking dutasteride (from an interent pharmacy) and a year later his hair count was remarkable. He had his hairline but was really thinning (orangatang). Now it has visably filled in and he experienced no side effects. I finally started and I can say the same that there have been zero sexual side effects. I've been on it for just 5 months and while the crown and frontal area have not visibly changed, the mid scalp area has visibly darkened and thickened. I will continue for another 7 months where I'll then make the call to continue or not.
    Its been a much better expereince than propecia.
    What would be the dosage for Avodart?? I heard 3 times a week at .5mg?? Should i take it everyday instead and what about 2.5???

The .5 daily is what is recommended. But don't get your hopes up, this isn't a magic bullet. To be realistic, at best you could expect to stop the rate of current hairloss. You may have some regrowth but it will not be a full head of hair, maybe some thickening but it will not reverse the hairline.
    Now that I've been on dustesteride for 1.5 years, all that I can personally claim is that is stopped/slowed the hairloss.
    Lets not kid ourselves with hair treatments, if they really worked there would be no bald men.

The .5 daily is what is recommended. But don't get your hopes up, this isn't a magic bullet. To be realistic, at best you could expect to stop the rate of current hairloss. You may have some regrowth but it will not be a full head of hair, maybe some thickening but it will not reverse the hairline.
    Now that I've been on dustesteride for 1.5 years, all that I can personally claim is that is stopped/slowed the hairloss.
    Lets not kid ourselves with hair treatments, if they really worked there would be no bald men.
    I dont expect Avodart to grow back all my hair. That never crossed my mind. What i do want is for it to stop my hair loss or slow it down significantly. Did you ever try Finasteride? My Doc told me Avdart .5, 3 times a week. Should i take it every day for better results? What's your advice? thanks.

Don't mean to bug you bro but i need this information since i just started to take it and i don't want to waste any time. I still have a hair line and my hair is still the same but its really thin now. You can see through my scalp easily, so i'm trying to save whatever i have and work from there. Would you lose a lot of hair before? Did Propecia also stop your hair loss before you discontinued? I felt that .5, 3 times a week was too little, so i was thinking of maybe upgrading to everyday. Do you buy it regular price or do you get in online for Cheaper? Hopefully you an help me out with these questions. Thanks. I'm really trying to extend my hair life and hope for something in the next 5 years since many DOc's say that we are closer to something new. Thanks.