+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Doctors tend to say "no", mostly not to get into any trouble! But, isn't people out there ordering it on-line? Also, do they know whether they have ordered (on-line) the actual product? How can they verify whether or not they have ordered the TRUE Avodart?
    I would never trust ordering from on online pharmacy that does not ask for a scanned or faxed prescription. I believe that these places that give you a quickie prescription and then sell you whatever you want are shady. They might even be selling counterfeit drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I would never trust ordering from on online pharmacy that does not ask for a scanned or faxed prescription. I believe that these places that give you a quickie prescription and then sell you whatever you want are shady. They might even be selling counterfeit drugs.
    Then, where do you find a non-dermatologist doctor to prescribe Avodart for you? Your personal physician does not want to get himself/herself in problems?

Or, is there a (short) list of physicians who can see you and prescribe that medicine for hair loss treatment?

Then, where do you find a non-dermatologist doctor to prescribe Avodart for you? Your personal physician does not want to get himself/herself in problems?

Or, is there a (short) list of physicians who can see you and prescribe that medicine for hair loss treatment?
    I would contact every IAHRS doctor www.iahrs.org in my area and see who prescribes Avodart. Then I would have a proper meeting with them so that they can check me out. At least this way I would be under a doctor's care and know that I'm getting the real McCoy.

Hey Philip,

Are you currently taking Propecia or have you ever tried it?
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey Philip,

Are you currently taking Propecia or have you ever tried it?
    Thanks Spencer. I've been taking Propecia since about 2001 (or 2002). It has slowed down the 'hair loss process' but with its limitations. I've been using Topic to style my hair, but with the (slow) hair loss continuation, I don't know for how much longer Topic can still camouflage the areas with less hair.

So, I was willing to try Avodart to see if it can help. I'm in my early 40s and, chances are Avodart can have a greater positive effect than Propecia.

Thanks

hey philip,

if i were in your situation i would go for it. if propecia stops working for me im definitely going to make the switch over to dutasteride.

Default Dutasteride

I see the facts of dutasteride have been written here. All that I can add is my own experience using dutasteride.
    I used propecia a few years ago but the sexual side effects made me give that up. Now I know the percentages of those studied who experience the same effects are said to be low. But myself and two other guys who have tried propecia all had the same sexual side effects. Could jsut be coincedence but we all stopped taking it because of it.
    One of these guys started taking dutasteride (from an interent pharmacy) and a year later his hair count was remarkable. He had his hairline but was really thinning (orangatang). Now it has visably filled in and he experienced no side effects. I finally started and I can say the same that there have been zero sexual side effects. I've been on it for just 5 months and while the crown and frontal area have not visibly changed, the mid scalp area has visibly darkened and thickened. I will continue for another 7 months where I'll then make the call to continue or not.
    Its been a much better expereince than propecia.

I have been taking avodart for 4 months with no side effects. I documented the entire process on my blog.

http://www.theavodartexperiment.com

I cover every part of my experience from how I ordered it and how it is effecting my hair loss.

I would say the greatest benefit so far is that it has completely stopped my hairloss (with an exception of one recent "shed")

I would also say that about 10 - 20% of the hair that I lost has grown back. Mainly in my hair line area, but some recently in the crown. Not bad for 4 months in.

Default Dosage?

What would be the dosage for Avodart?? I heard 3 times a week at .5mg?? Should i take it everyday instead and what about 2.5???

Quote Originally Posted by avodartdrew View Post
    I have been taking avodart for 4 months with no side effects. I documented the entire process on my blog.

http://www.theavodartexperiment.com

I cover every part of my experience from how I ordered it and how it is effecting my hair loss.

I would say the greatest benefit so far is that it has completely stopped my hairloss (with an exception of one recent "shed")

I would also say that about 10 - 20% of the hair that I lost has grown back. Mainly in my hair line area, but some recently in the crown. Not bad for 4 months in.
    What would be the dosage for Avodart?? I heard 3 times a week at .5mg?? Should i take it everyday instead and what about 2.5???