+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I wouldn't go as far as to say taking propecia is "nuking your body". Sides have been devastating for a few thousand out of several million that have taken it. Pretty good safety profile compared to most prescription meds. I have seen several thread where people are trying to find contributors to hair loss: stress, vitamin deficiencies, etc. The internet is probably the biggest contributor of them all.

There are many threads out there with future treatments that are so called side free, really, the chemicals in these treatments can't be pronounced by most people. You seriously think using these treatments will be 100% side free? You are introducing foreign chemicals into the body of course there will be the potential of sides just like propecia. This miracle, side free cure will never exist. Potential for sides will always be there.

Notcoolanymore do u have a propecia banner up on ur wall or maybe a bumper sticker on ur car ? Better yet a tattoo " fin til death" across ur chest hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    There are many threads out there with future treatments that are so called side free, really, the chemicals in these treatments can't be pronounced by most people. You seriously think using these treatments will be 100% side free? You are introducing foreign chemicals into the body of course there will be the potential of sides just like propecia. This miracle, side free cure will never exist. Potential for sides will always be there.
    I was only being half serious. If I really thought exceedingly negative side effects were guaranteed I wouldn't be taking propecia in the very near future.

Thank you for all of the information so far guys. It's promising and frustrating in equal measure that we are so close to finding something better than fin.

I'm just trying to come up with a realistic plan - an absolute cure seems highly improbable for me, so I have saved the money for a hair transplant, but I need to know I can keep the hair I have. Wish Cosmo would focus on AA rather than acne

It's nice to have some light at the end of the tunnel though. If any news comes in for these treatments/any others, hopefully it can continue to be shared in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Go read about CB. Not necessarily do there have to be sides especially with a fortunate condition like MPB where something can work topically. CB turns into a harmless compound when it enters the blood stream a naturally occurring chemical dont remember what its called. Internally is a whole different story hence our propecia stories.

...I read on one of the threads here that one of Hasson or Wong stated privately to a patient of theirs that there will be something released in 2014...

..anyone know what they may have meant?? That's a pretty bold thing to say from a HT surgeon...

Quote Originally Posted by strife91 View Post
    Notcoolanymore do u have a propecia banner up on ur wall or maybe a bumper sticker on ur car ? Better yet a tattoo " fin til death" across ur chest hahaha
    No, I am just a guy that has had some success on finasteride. I was afraid of sides at first, but the thought of going slick bald forced my hand. I wish I didn't have to take fin, I don't like drugs of any kind, and even try to avoid taking over the counter ones. It sucks that our treatment options are what they are, but what are we going to do? Some of my posts might be over the top in support of finasteride, but we all need to realize that unfortunately we only have a couple of things that work. People who want to keep their hair need to seriously consider taking finasteride or accept that hair loss will eventually catch up with them. How long will we all have to wait for a perfect side free cure for hair loss? I have been waiting for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Go read about CB. Not necessarily do there have to be sides especially with a fortunate condition like MPB where something can work topically. CB turns into a harmless compound when it enters the blood stream a naturally occurring chemical dont remember what its called. Internally is a whole different story hence our propecia stories.
    I hear what you are saying about CB and would try it if it was readily available. I am not saying CB isn't side free, but how many people are actually using CB to get statistics on incidents of sides? I guarantee if the users were in the millions like propecia, there would be some kid claiming he has ED, brain fog, or some other sides. I would definitely be open to trying other options besides finasteride. I don't care what I use as long as it doesn't kill me and it works to regrow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky4444 View Post
    ...I read on one of the threads here that one of Hasson or Wong stated privately to a patient of theirs that there will be something released in 2014...

..anyone know what they may have meant?? That's a pretty bold thing to say from a HT surgeon...
    News to me - I'd be interested to know what they're talking about.