Slowly growing more fed up, Hair transplant in a few years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mynameisrich
    • May 2013

Originally posted by win200
    No, I don't think you have the kind of loss where it's going to take you from what you've got now to bald by the time you're 30. But I'd still reinforce my suggestion to wait. Based on my talks with doctors and looking at pics on this board, it seems like the 20s are a really tumultuous period for hairloss. Some guys suddenly experience really dramatic loss, while others keep chugging along at a very gradual rate of recession, which is what happened to me. None of this necessarily predicts the future, and you could always get slapped with a horrible shed at 35, but generally speaking, that gets less common after 30. If I were you, I'd talk with a couple docs now, get their read, and revisit closer to 28. But if you're on meds now and they're working, I don't think a procedure on you would be irresponsible. I'd keep it very conservative, though.
    It's hard to know if anythings working, because i don't have a clone of myself who hasn't been taking the stuff since back in 2011 BUT, i see your point. I am planning on holding out another few years, for sure. I will hopefully be seeing dr hasson next month, as i see he is in London. Would he be able to observe my head for miniaturisation there and then?

Comment

• win200
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mynameisrich
      It's hard to know if anythings working, because i don't have a clone of myself who hasn't been taking the stuff since back in 2011 BUT, i see your point. I am planning on holding out another few years, for sure. I will hopefully be seeing dr hasson next month, as i see he is in London. Would he be able to observe my head for miniaturisation there and then?
      Yup! I've met Dr. Hasson before. Incredibly nice, knowledgeable guy. He and Dr. Wong, as a team, are almost certainly with the top five transplant outfits in the world. He is the last guy out there that would push you into something in order to just take your money.

Comment

• garageland
        • Dec 2009

Good to talk with you just a moment ago and I hope changing to the branded propecia/proscar will work for you. As mentioned and for the purpose of anyone else reading the consultations in February are with myself only and not Dr Hasson.

Dr Hasson will visit London for consultations at some stage in April it is planned and I will keep you informed of the date as soon as I know.

All the best and look forward to meeting up with you later in the year.

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

win,

You are from the Seattle area right? Land of the 12th man?
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• win200
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by gillenator
            win,

You are from the Seattle area right? Land of the 12th man?
            Yup! We're all pretty ecstatic here.

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

Go Seahawks!

Not that I am against Denver but they do have 2 super bowls already and I would like to see Seattle win...
              "Gillenator"
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• win200
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by gillenator
                Go Seahawks!

Not that I am against Denver but they do have 2 super bowls already and I would like to see Seattle win...
                Clearly, you're an objectively good person. ;-p

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

"Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

Working...