X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capitan
    • Oct 2013

Can an FUE to restore the frontal third make girls chase me again

Whatsup guys

I'm 18 and have been on Fin for over 4 months now.

I feel that if I just met a girl and I'm chatting her up and I got my frontal third, she's gonna be looking straight at a handsome dude.

If she realizes later that everything on the back is dermmatch or whatever, it's not really game over and I still got a chance.

I'm still between a NW2-NW3, it looks like shit when I pull my hair back but because I have dark brown, coarse and wavy hair, I can recreate a NW1 easily.

My plan is that once I start losing hair again despite being on FIN, I will get an FUE to restore my frontal third. Yes I know Doctors recommend FUEs for people over 25, and I agree. Fin will probably keep me afloat until then anyways.

I started working at my gym 2 months ago and I've already started saving half of all my paychecks for an FUE to restore my frontal (should I ever lose it). I'm planning on saving up 15,000+ for it.

Am I mistaken? What do you think about my plan?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks everyone and good luck
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

If you can recreate a NW1 by combing your hair a certain way, then go for it. As long as it doesn't look like an obvious comb over, I'm sure it will look good. If I can at the very least close my crown with fin, I might start seeing if I could pull of different hairstyles. If not, I will just continue to buzz it. Your plan to save money is a good one regardless if you get a transplant or not. Maybe in a few years you will not even care to get a transplant and you will have a good chunk of change saved up. If you do decide on one, that is most likely the amount of cash you will need.

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

It's all about stabilizing your loss man

The hairline/front is extremely hard to grow back and often can be pretty tough to even halt. Lots of big 3 users still slowly recede over the years.

I wouldn't plan on the FUE anytime soon, but if you give fin a solid 2+ years and you haven't lost much ground by then (eg thickness/denity is still close to the same and perhaps hairline is a bit worse), go for it.

Comment

• iH8d0ugh
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by capitan
        Whatsup guys

I'm 18 and have been on Fin for over 4 months now.

I feel that if I just met a girl and I'm chatting her up and I got my frontal third, she's gonna be looking straight at a handsome dude.

If she realizes later that everything on the back is dermmatch or whatever, it's not really game over and I still got a chance.

I'm still between a NW2-NW3, it looks like shit when I pull my hair back but because I have dark brown, coarse and wavy hair, I can recreate a NW1 easily.

My plan is that once I start losing hair again despite being on FIN, I will get an FUE to restore my frontal third. Yes I know Doctors recommend FUEs for people over 25, and I agree. Fin will probably keep me afloat until then anyways.

I started working at my gym 2 months ago and I've already started saving half of all my paychecks for an FUE to restore my frontal (should I ever lose it). I'm planning on saving up 15,000+ for it.

Am I mistaken? What do you think about my plan?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks everyone and good luck
        Have you experienced any sides of Fin? I'm 17, and i have strongly been considering getting on fin before it's to late

Comment

• capitan
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by iH8d0ugh
          Have you experienced any sides of Fin? I'm 17, and i have strongly been considering getting on fin before it's to late
          Hahaha seeing what I wrote a couple years back just made me laugh. I was so worried about my hair. Well it's been almost 3 years since I started taking Finasteride. Started at 17, 20 now. It works. I have not lost a single hair since then, at least that's what it looks like, and I have no sides. I used to think I was getting sides because of the sensationalist horror stories; but it was in my head. Still get hard fast and stay hard during sex. I think if it wasn't for Finasteride I'd be bald today.
          '

Comment

• Follicle Fighter
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by capitan
            Hahaha seeing what I wrote a couple years back just made me laugh. I was so worried about my hair. Well it's been almost 3 years since I started taking Finasteride. Started at 17, 20 now. It works. I have not lost a single hair since then, at least that's what it looks like, and I have no sides. I used to think I was getting sides because of the sensationalist horror stories; but it was in my head. Still get hard fast and stay hard during sex. I think if it wasn't for Finasteride I'd be bald today.
            '
            Hi capitan,

During your first few months taking Fin, did you experience shedding? I think I can dismiss the boner horror, but I am concerned about more shedding.

Comment

• JonDoe101
              • Jul 2016

Hey Captain were you ever diagnosed by a derma and recommended fin? Why did u choose fin over propecia?

Comment

Working...