+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It sounds like the same experience I have had every time with primary physicians and dermatologist. MPB is really not a concern for doctors, it seems like that's something they are not trained for. In med school or where ever they went to school, the professor probably had a 3 minute chat about hair loss and said okay that's it, on to the next topic. That is how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I wouldn't trust a doctor that gave me a script for a whole year on any medication I had never taken before. They'd have to be pretty dodgy to do that. At least after 3 months you can go back and discuss how well you're tolerating the medication.
    I see your point. Maybe he didn't have concerns about the drug? Maybe he was relying on it's 20 year history of safe use? Maybe he just thought I had common sense and would stop taking the drug and give him a call if I did get sides? I don't know about anybody else but I don't care what the drug is or how long I am prescribed to take it, but if anything goes wrong I am on the phone asap to ask questions.

Either way I still see your point, but according to some guys they have gotten sides within a week. So 3 months might actually be a long time to wait before going back and asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Yes bro Im in Toronto. It cost me $40 and pretty damn sure it aint covered by my insurance, i never looked into it, but I don't see why insurance would cover bloodtests, usually you have to rely on OHIP for that and anything not covered you pay out of pocket. Let me know though if your insurance ends up covering it.

Also, what was the lab that did your test? I believe the main ones are gamma, CMS and LifeLabs, so it probably depends on which lab.

I did gamma which was $40, but pretty damn sure they use an inaccurate methodology and I may try and get it done at another lab. First I'm gonna call and ask them what method they use.

Btw let me know your result man I'm very interested to see what it is!
    Same with me. I did mine at lifelabs at Finch and Bathurst and it was $80 WTF. I remember you told me before yours always cost $40 I don't get how mine is so much more expensive. Im going to call my doctor tomorrow to try and set something up hopefully my results are back very soon and ill let you know. I wonder if ill have lowered DHT since my first test which I did 6 weeks after starting fin!

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Same with me. I did mine at lifelabs at Finch and Bathurst and it was $80 WTF. I remember you told me before yours always cost $40 I don't get how mine is so much more expensive. Im going to call my doctor tomorrow to try and set something up hopefully my results are back very soon and ill let you know. I wonder if ill have lowered DHT since my first test which I did 6 weeks after starting fin!
    ahahh no way man, that lab is 2 seconds from me but i went to the one in my derms office instead, and its a gamma lab...

it could be $80 because that lab does the test properly, gamma uses a test method which is inaccruate for DHT.

im actaully gonna call lifelabs and try and find out which test method they use for DHT, and if its the correct one ill probably get another DHT test done and do it there