+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Win2000,

I wish you all the best with your upcoming procedure, you nutty guy you I'm sure Dr. Rahal will do a fine job on you.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Win let me say that I only wish you the best just trying to keep it real.

Plenty of young guys over the years used a massive amount of grafts for a low thick hairline. They then came back 5-6 years latter realizing how screwed they were with not enough donor left. They always blamed the doctor and not having the information which would be partly true. If you search the history on some of the forums you might be able to find them as some spoke of suicide. Those guys are not coming back to advise you and hopefully they somehow came to terms with their situation. Many are holed up in a basement somewhere.

I am just giving you the information, what you choose to do is up to you, just make sure the numbers add up. I have seen one doctor basically draw out a schematic of the type of the head with the hair loss pattern. Noting the numbers and what goes where you should probably do the same with the possibility of future hairloss entered into the equation and knowing approximately what you donor can achieve.
    To be honest, that is why HT technology pisses me off.

It's about time donor supply is not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Thanks--I agree! Just makes me with that I'd gone a little lower in the original, but oh well. I think it looks like a knockout head-on, but the higher corners show a little more when viewed from the side, and the right temple is a bit higher than the left--that'll even out. More pics below.
    sometimes it is better to go SLOW and add with subsequent surgeries...even though that seems like a pain
    it is said that graft survival rates are better (although sometimes inconsequential with smaller sessions)
    so...

also since you will be transplanting into the bald areas of the temples mainly
    this

what made you choose Rahal for this
    who seems great if a mega session is needed but your work looks much more delicate

have you consulted with someone like Konior in Illinois?

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ghlight=konior

i'm sure rahal can do this but i am curious about your thought process on this and if the amount of grafts transplanted in one session had anything to do with your choice

Quote Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
    sometimes it is better to go SLOW and add with subsequent surgeries...even though that seems like a pain
    it is said that graft survival rates are better (although sometimes inconsequential with smaller sessions)
    so...

also since you will be transplanting into the bald areas of the temples mainly
    this

what made you choose Rahal for this
    who seems great if a mega session is needed but your work looks much more delicate

have you consulted with someone like Konior in Illinois?

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ghlight=konior

i'm sure rahal can do this but i am curious about your thought process on this and if the amount of grafts transplanted in one session had anything to do with your choice
    I have to admit I'm a little puzzled by your comment. My impression of Dr. Rahal has always been that he's NOT primarily a megasession guy; his practice seems primarily focused on detailed hairline work of sessions 2,000 grafts or smaller--the type of "delicate" work you talk about. I could be wrong, I suppose, but that would contradict everything I've ever read about and seen from Dr. Rahal.

That's not to denigrate Dr. Konior, of course--he's a great surgeon and that's a fantastic result that you linked to.

And, of course, you're right about the advantages of spacing surgeries over time.

Based on the pics in Post # 26
    You don't need a HT
    But good luck

I have to admit I'm a little puzzled by your comment. My impression of Dr. Rahal has always been that he's NOT primarily a megasession guy; his practice seems primarily focused on detailed hairline work of sessions 2,000 grafts or smaller--the type of "delicate" work you talk about. I could be wrong, I suppose, but that would contradict everything I've ever read about and seen from Dr. Rahal.

That's not to denigrate Dr. Konior, of course--he's a great surgeon and that's a fantastic result that you linked to.

And, of course, you're right about the advantages of spacing surgeries over time.
    oh okay

was just wondering what went into your decision to choose rahal and who else you might have consulted with

you chose rahal due to his work primarily with detailed hairlines in smaller sessions

got it

thanks and good luck

oh okay

was just wondering what went into your decision to choose rahal and who else you might have consulted with

you chose rahal due to his work primarily with detailed hairlines in smaller sessions

got it

thanks and good luck
    Thanks! I didn't consult extensively, mainly because I spent ~2 years chatting with patients of various surgeons and getting familiar with those surgeons' work. When I contact Dr. Rahal, I was extremely specific about what I wanted--essentially, my email laid out where I wanted grafts placed, a range of number of grafts that I wanted to use, and my understanding of the risk involved with such a relatively aggressive approach. This was different from my first procedure, in which I had no idea how to begin and asked doctors what they would recommend doing. I know how I want to proceed here, but wanted the doctor with the best combination of experience and artfulness with this type of procedure. I felt that was Dr. Rahal. No doubt there were and are other great choices--Drs. Feller and Feriduni are two that come immediately to mind for this type of procedure.

Thanks! I didn't consult extensively, mainly because I spent ~2 years chatting with patients of various surgeons and getting familiar with those surgeons' work. When I contact Dr. Rahal, I was extremely specific about what I wanted--essentially, my email laid out where I wanted grafts placed, a range of number of grafts that I wanted to use, and my understanding of the risk involved with such a relatively aggressive approach. This was different from my first procedure, in which I had no idea how to begin and asked doctors what they would recommend doing. I know how I want to proceed here, but wanted the doctor with the best combination of experience and artfulness with this type of procedure. I felt that was Dr. Rahal. No doubt there were and are other great choices--Drs. Feller and Feriduni are two that come immediately to mind for this type of procedure.
    yeah, leaning toward Ferudini FUE, myself.

yeah, leaning toward Ferudini FUE, myself.
    That's a great call. I've seen some amazing outcomes from him. Are you in the EU?

I myself need book consult with dr Feriduni his uk rep never contacted me back I think il call the office.