+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What you plan on doing is extremely foolish. If you do not lose another head on your head it might workout for you otherwise you will absolutely be screwed in a few years. The hair behind the hairline should be thicker then the hair in front of it as that is the natural balding process and what looks normal. If you do not have the donor to continue this pattern it will look completely abnormal and it’s not a matter of if only a matter of when.

You are using a high percentage of donor on a small percentage of hair loss area, in the end the math usually does not add up. Hope you know what you are doing. You will not be the first nor the last who has been given poor advice, so you will not be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    What you plan on doing is extremely foolish. If you do not lose another head on your head it might workout for you otherwise you will absolutely be screwed in a few years. The hair behind the hairline should be thicker then the hair in front of it as that is the natural balding process and what looks normal. If you do not have the donor to continue this pattern it will look completely abnormal and it’s not a matter of if only a matter of when.

You are using a high percentage of donor on a small percentage of hair loss area, in the end the math usually does not add up. Hope you know what you are doing. You will not be the first nor the last who has been given poor advice, so you will not be alone.
    I definitely appreciate the thought, and it's something I've considered. One thing I took into account is my age and rate of recession. While 31 isn't "old," it's not "young, necessarily, in terms of hairloss. I'm not one of the 24 year olds on these boards. I've always receded very slowly, and I can't find any evidence that that recession has continued since my surgery in 2012. I'm treating as aggressively as possible, so I'm not jumping off without a net. For example, there have been numerous 20-somethings on this forum that have used ~2,200 grafts for a NW2-3 *without* being on a DHT inhibitor. To me, at least, that's far riskier than what I'm doing.

I say go for it, hopefully future technology might get better or just shave it, at least by doing this your moving on in life, it's too short just get it done and move on be happy. I would have done the same going for perfection, will make me more happy, at least what your doing is what you feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I say go for it, hopefully future technology might get better or just shave it, at least by doing this your moving on in life, it's too short just get it done and move on be happy. I would have done the same going for perfection, will make me more happy, at least what your doing is what you feel right.
    He looks great already to be honest.

My hairstyle/hairline is like his, but the difference is, mine doesnt suit my face, his does.

wow!

great result

once the corners are in it will be complete

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
    wow!

great result

once the corners are in it will be complete

good luck!
    Thanks--I agree! Just makes me with that I'd gone a little lower in the original, but oh well. I think it looks like a knockout head-on, but the higher corners show a little more when viewed from the side, and the right temple is a bit higher than the left--that'll even out. More pics below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	24734   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG

Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall.jpg

Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	24736  

Ask all these guys that are telling you to go for it to post pictures of their own results after going for it themselves.

Wow, already an awesome transformation from the first HT, but i can see what you are going for with the temples.
    Best of luck!

Win let me say that I only wish you the best just trying to keep it real.

Plenty of young guys over the years used a massive amount of grafts for a low thick hairline. They then came back 5-6 years latter realizing how screwed they were with not enough donor left. They always blamed the doctor and not having the information which would be partly true. If you search the history on some of the forums you might be able to find them as some spoke of suicide. Those guys are not coming back to advise you and hopefully they somehow came to terms with their situation. Many are holed up in a basement somewhere.

I am just giving you the information, what you choose to do is up to you, just make sure the numbers add up. I have seen one doctor basically draw out a schematic of the type of the head with the hair loss pattern. Noting the numbers and what goes where you should probably do the same with the possibility of future hairloss entered into the equation and knowing approximately what you donor can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Win let me say that I only wish you the best just trying to keep it real.

Plenty of young guys over the years used a massive amount of grafts for a low thick hairline. They then came back 5-6 years latter realizing how screwed they were with not enough donor left. They always blamed the doctor and not having the information which would be partly true. If you search the history on some of the forums you might be able to find them as some spoke of suicide. Those guys are not coming back to advise you and hopefully they somehow came to terms with their situation. Many are holed up in a basement somewhere.

I am just giving you the information, what you choose to do is up to you, just make sure the numbers add up. I have seen one doctor basically draw out a schematic of the type of the head with the hair loss pattern. Noting the numbers and what goes where you should probably do the same with the possibility of future hairloss entered into the equation and knowing approximately what you donor can achieve.
    Oh, totally understand, and I appreciate the honesty. Obviously there's some element of risk with this strategy, but I'm also not a newbie that wandered into, say, Alvi Armani's clinic and pulled the trigger without knowing what he was getting into. I've thought pretty long and carefully about the upsides and downsides of this strategy, taking into account my treatment plan, my responsiveness to medications, possibilities of new treatments available in the future, etc. Of course I acknowledge the possibility that this all goes south.