+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Thanks man, last question how much RU are you using? What vehicle?
    100mg/daily for now with a 70% everclear/30% PG vehicle. Probably gonna reduce the dosage. Only been using for a few weeks, haven't noticed much of a difference yet. The problem is that my original hairline is buried within my transplanted one, so it's really difficult to detect regrowth or thickening. That's one of the downsides of a transplant--it becomes much harder to keep an eye on your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    100mg/daily for now with a 70% everclear/30% PG vehicle. Probably gonna reduce the dosage. Only been using for a few weeks, haven't noticed much of a difference yet. The problem is that my original hairline is buried within my transplanted one, so it's really difficult to detect regrowth or thickening. That's one of the downsides of a transplant--it becomes much harder to keep an eye on your loss.
    Nice, is that from Kane? I have RU as back up in my fridge with kb solution and also dut as back. Looking Close up you have some fine hairs at the temples etc. Im going use Dr feriduni or Rahal for tansplant. My hairline was so perfect until recently I decided to added saw palmetto, it ruined my hairline and made me horny. I'm starting promox spray next month I'm going to give it few months if I don't see my hairs come back I'm getting transplant, I love Rahal work, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Nice, is that from Kane? Close up you have some fine hairs at the temples etc. Im going use Dr feriduni or Rahal for tansplant.
    Yup, from Kane. The fine hairs at the hairline started when I got on minoxidil, but they've become more numerous and a bit thicker lately. The picture doesn't really capture them well.

I agree that Feriduni and Rahal are among the best for hairlines. Feller should be on that list, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Damn yeahyeahyeah, you are hitting these transplant threads hard. We gotta get you in to that chair.

win200, your hair looks great. Good luck with your latest and future procedures.
    Thinking of getting my hairline fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Yeah--I'm pretty graft-greedy. I do like the style I've got, and was a bit on the fence about whether to bother changing it. I mean, I'm probably in NW 1 territory at this point. But I'd like to whittle away at the tops of the temples and create a straighter hairline. I may live to regret this, but whatever.
    Why are using dut if fin is working?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why are using dut if fin is working?
    Well, couple reasons. First, there's still some shedding. I get roughly 8-15 hairs on my hands when I shower, and about the same amount when I do my minoxidil application at night. This could all be just normal shedding--I have no idea. Most of the hairs don't seem to be miniaturized. Also, as I mentioned earlier on here, I can't tell if my hairline has continued to recede because my hairline is now transplanted, which hides any recession. It doesn't look like there's been any change, but I'm a slow receder, so I could be losing ground just at a gradual rate.

I also don't think there's much--if any--downside to going onto dut. I tolerated fin extremely well, so I think my side effect potential is pretty minimal. And as we all know, it's exponentially easier to keep hair on your head in the first place rather than try to get it back after it's been lost. I don't want to get five years down the line and wonder if I'd be in a better position if I'd opted for the more potent drug from the outset. Maybe my hair will look like shit in eight, ten years, but at least I'll know that I did everything I could.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Thinking of getting my hairline fixed.
    Is there a link to your pics somewhere on here?

I gotta say that Dr. Niedbalski did some excellent work on the original transplant. I know pics don't always tell the whole story, but it looks undetectable.

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    I gotta say that Dr. Niedbalski did some excellent work on the original transplant. I know pics don't always tell the whole story, but it looks undetectable.
    Thanks! No, I'd say the pics do it justice here. My desire for a second transplant is in no way a reflection on Dr. Niedbalski's work, which was excellent. No one--not even my parents or best friends--realized I had a transplant. (Both my parents did ask if I'd dyed my hair, as the transplanted hair grew in much darker than the native hair behind it--like black as compared to medium brown.)

This is actually the only factor that's caused me a little pause about getting a second transplant--whether it's stupid to mess with a great result. There's always the risk that Dr. Rahal could transplant the hairline lower and and more to my liking in that respect, but I get a less natural result or something else goes wrong in the process, and I end up worse off when all is said and done. I figured that the odds of that happening in Dr. Rahal's hands are pretty slim. But willing to hear thoughts on that front.

My honest opinion man....

Wait a full year and if you still feel/want to have it done then go for it.

You obviously dont 'need' it, but at the same time going for it just because you want it is no big deal as your loss is stabilized.

Good luck bro.