+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Good for you on hitting the gym but to get to your goal of 10% body fat you'll need to seriously revamp your nutrition intake. In fact, nutrition has a much larger role than the gym does when it comes to cutting body fat. Cut out sugars, increase good fats and avoid breads, potatoes etc. Meat, nuts, berries, green vegetables will do you a world of good. I lost 25 pounds doing this and have been religious about it for the past year and a half, along with going to the gym regularly, five days a week. At 44 I'm in better shape than when I was 24. Above all, stick to it and never stop.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Good for you on hitting the gym but to get to your goal of 10% body fat you'll need to seriously revamp your nutrition intake. In fact, nutrition has a much larger role than the gym does when it comes to cutting body fat. Cut out sugars, increase good fats and avoid breads, potatoes etc. Meat, nuts, berries, green vegetables will do you a world of good. I lost 25 pounds doing this and have been religious about it for the past year and a half, along with going to the gym regularly, five days a week. At 44 I'm in better shape than when I was 24. Above all, stick to it and never stop.
    Emphatic amen to Joe's post. Lifting/exercising is crucial, obviously, but it's just close to impossible to get to your goal without diet. I had good look on the paleo diet. It's a tad severe and its practitioners tend to get a little doctrinaire about it, but it reinforces good habits. If you can stick to it, it'll be a huge help in getting to 10% BF (which is really, really low--I know that sounds high, but it's a tough goal).

Hey Joe when was that gym photo on your FB page taken? Are you in Seattle now? Don't worry...not a stalker!

Hi Hairy, no that was at my gym in Vancouver. The pic was taken two days ago.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

Thanks! Great photo.

I posted this a few days ago FYI:
    ]
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15238

Thanks, I've been training pretty hard but I got sick during Xmas and had to take a few weeks off from the gym. Last week was my first real week of training and I'm sore as hell right now, lol! Heading back now for shoulders then tomorrow is my day off
    www.HassonandWong.com

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    The sore muscles were a great feeling, cuz I knew that now all my protein intake would help grow the pecs.
    BROSCIENCE ALERT!

Sore muscles are not necessary to increase strength or even size. Sore muscles more often mean you are simply doing something significantly different then your body (part) is used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Thanks, I've been training pretty hard but I got sick during Xmas and had to take a few weeks off from the gym. Last week was my first real week of training and I'm sore as hell right now, lol! Heading back now for shoulders then tomorrow is my day off
    Thanks for your responses Jotronic, and all the other folks.

I agree, 80% of the ball game for bodybuilding/physique is nutrition. I try and go low glycemic and low in saturated fats, with a high in unsaturated fats like Omega 3. I do love tofu, so I eat that quite often, although I read too much can affect estrogen levels, so I try not to eat it that often. Fasted cardio is great for fat loss, and an occasional 'intermittent fast' is great too.

If I start getting huge muscles(biceps and pecs), let me tell you this: I will get my chest waxed, wear a tank top, nice sunglasses, and swagger around the Mall like I own the place.....Hair loss is still bothering me, but I HAVE to make get fit the top priority in my life....

Watch out, cuz maybe in a year or two, I'm going to hit the competition scene.

WEIGHT LIFTING just makes me feel SOOOOOOOO good. Must be the endorphins!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Thanks for your responses Jotronic, and all the other folks.

I agree, 80% of the ball game for bodybuilding/physique is nutrition. I try and go low glycemic and low in saturated fats, with a high in unsaturated fats like Omega 3. I do love tofu, so I eat that quite often, although I read too much can affect estrogen levels, so I try not to eat it that often. Fasted cardio is great for fat loss, and an occasional 'intermittent fast' is great too.

If I start getting huge muscles(biceps and pecs), let me tell you this: I will get my chest waxed, wear a tank top, nice sunglasses, and swagger around the Mall like I own the place.....Hair loss is still bothering me, but I HAVE to make get fit the top priority in my life....

Watch out, cuz maybe in a year or two, I'm going to hit the competition scene.

WEIGHT LIFTING just makes me feel SOOOOOOOO good. Must be the endorphins!!!!!!!!!!!
    Body building is of course addictive. A side benefit excluding good health and aesthetic improvement is muscle memory. It may take years to develop an exceptional physique. At that point, one could take a vacation from body building for several years and it takes only a fraction of the original time to get back to where you were.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Consistency and avoiding broscience is the name of the game. Number one reason people aren't consistent is because they jump into a routine that's too intense and get burned out in a few weeks. Keep it realistic and doable in the beginning. Avoid broscience myths like meal timing (eating 8 times per day, no carbs after a certain time, etc.). Was surprised to find out people still do stuff like that. As long as you're hitting your macros and consistently doing a proven workout routine you will see gains.