+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default saw palmetto does it work ?

saw palmetto does it work ?

The first hair loss product I tried was a product called Procerin, pretty much a high does of saw palmetto and other natural stuff. Garbage didn't work. Will never waste my time with it again.

Well the answer is never as simple as people want. My experience was saw palmetto did do something for me, but it might not for you. Did it help my hair loss? No idea but it helped with my itch so I think it did slightly. I think a big dismissed factor is not whether you took saw palmetto but how you took it. I think pills that are powder dont work the same as what I took which was liquid gel caps standardized to 320mg at least they claim that. Absorbtion is a huge factor much like how topical spiro in a better vehicle might stop MPB but we all think its just a weak AA because the formulation we buy seems to do nothing or barely work at least for me and thats the general consensus around here.
    Even if saw palmetto works for you though I think its much weaker then propecia so its probably better to just use propecia or just accept MPB. I quit saw palmetto because I figured why take risks with something unproven verses using the real legit thing?

Doesn't saw palmetto inhibit both forms of 5AR? If you're susceptible to sides from lowering DHT you're probably going to get them regardless if it's lowered from a FDA approved drug or a supplement. I'd stick with the approved medication. If natural supplements worked so well everyone would be using them.

Yeah I got sides from saw palmetto, but it did have fin like affects on me. I honestly would feel safer taking propecia though then you at least know its going to work for your hair

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The first hair loss product I tried was a product called Procerin, pretty much a high does of saw palmetto and other natural stuff. Garbage didn't work. Will never waste my time with it again.
    Procerin was the first product I ever tried as well. I was 17 years old. I Agree it was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Procerin was the first product I ever tried as well. I was 17 years old. I Agree it was garbage.
    They also have a money back guarantee which was complete garbage. The only thing Procerin did for me was change my pee color. God, if I would have found fin back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    They also have a money back guarantee which was complete garbage. The only thing Procerin did for me was change my pee color. God, if I would have found fin back then...
    LOL yes, green pee right? I remember that.

SAW PALMETO doesnt block 5ar, i believe it reduces dht uptake at follicles only, not sure if its successful at it, i get no cognitive sides from it of any kind which clearly means its not a 5ar inhibitor, i get massive brain fog on fin which is absent with sp.
    its also a lot less effective than fin, but it is better than nothing, it helps a little,

After using it personally I do think saw palmetto does something, but its anyone guess what or if it actually helps hair. I think though you want gel caps and liquid form for better absorbtion I am not sold on the idea a pill filled with dust gets absorbed the same. Its all very complex so who knows.