+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    SAW PALMETO doesnt block 5ar, i believe it reduces dht uptake at follicles only, not sure if its successful at it, i get no cognitive sides from it of any kind which clearly means its not a 5ar inhibitor, i get massive brain fog on fin which is absent with sp.
    its also a lot less effective than fin, but it is better than nothing, it helps a little,
    Yes, it does:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20623347

Saw palmetto extract (SPE) has been widely used for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The mechanisms of the pharmacological effects of SPE include the inhibition of 5alpha-reductase, among other actions. Clinical studies of SPE have been equivocal, with some showing significant results and others not. These inconsistent results may be due, in part, to varying bioactivities of the SPE used in the studies.

This is why I'm always cautious and a bit skeptical when reading anecdotal evidence.

It does not, i am 100% , i get the fogginess to a very minor degree on revivogen, a little stronger on keratene and very strong on Fin, all 5ar inhibitors

do not experience this on sp, RU or spiro etc, clearly sp is not blocking 5ar

It does not, i am 100% , i get the fogginess to a very minor degree on revivogen, a little stronger on keratene and very strong on Fin, all 5ar inhibitors

do not experience this on sp, RU or spiro etc, clearly sp is not blocking 5ar
    Is this a troll post?

why dont you look around jerkoff ull see sp is a lot less effective if at all compared to fin, if it also blocked 5ar it would have to logically work for hair

why dont you look around jerkoff ull see sp is a lot less effective if at all compared to fin, if it also blocked 5ar it would have to logically work for hair
    So because you did not experience side effects on saw palmetto that means it has no effect on 5ar? Do you think anecdotal evidence is more convincing than scientific studies carried out by medical professionals?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12477490

Inhibition of type 1 and type 2 5alpha-reductase activity by free fatty acids, active ingredients of Permixon (a brand of standardized saw palmetto extract).

Never said it was comparable to fin at all, from what I've read I don't think it's strong enough to do anything meaningful regarding hair loss.