Thread: My Story

Threaded View

Default My Story

Hey all! I have been a lurker here for sometime (basically once I noticed my hairless) and have finally decided to post and ask your opinion on my current situation. I am 23, started noticing a little less hair around my cowlick area around 21 maybe closer to 22. But since then my hair loss has really advanced. My actual hairline is not too different from what it use to be but the diffuse thinning (especially at the crown) has been quite significant. Baldness is most definitely prevalent on my father's side. My dad is bald and my older brother is also a NW4 at 26. I finally got up the nerve you talk to my GP about finasteride and he told me plain out that he doesn't think it works. Stated that he has had one other patient try it and with how much it costs and the little it did for him; made it not worth while. He's a good guy I do think he's looking out for me but his opinion on this subject seemed to be based upon one patient only and that couldn't possibly tell the whole truth right? I have seen on many forums and read quite deeply into finasteride and think it might be my best bet (coupled with a good diet, some other supplements and nizoral shampoo), and have a full understanding of the side affects and issues involved with taking this drug. I have also seen that many (if not the majority) of you seem to get your finasteride without a prescription online. So, sorry for the long post, but what do you think I should do? Start this regime but take the chance of purchasing fin online? Should I go over his head a see a derm doctor? I understand I am going bald and there's nothing I can do about it...I'm fine with that but if there's a treatment that can get me through my 20's with a decent head of hair (I have always had a buzz cut and it still looks fine even now) why shouldn't I try it...

Thanks for your help every comment is greatly appreciated!!!