+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

Hey all! I have been a lurker here for sometime (basically once I noticed my hairless) and have finally decided to post and ask your opinion on my current situation. I am 23, started noticing a little less hair around my cowlick area around 21 maybe closer to 22. But since then my hair loss has really advanced. My actual hairline is not too different from what it use to be but the diffuse thinning (especially at the crown) has been quite significant. Baldness is most definitely prevalent on my father's side. My dad is bald and my older brother is also a NW4 at 26. I finally got up the nerve you talk to my GP about finasteride and he told me plain out that he doesn't think it works. Stated that he has had one other patient try it and with how much it costs and the little it did for him; made it not worth while. He's a good guy I do think he's looking out for me but his opinion on this subject seemed to be based upon one patient only and that couldn't possibly tell the whole truth right? I have seen on many forums and read quite deeply into finasteride and think it might be my best bet (coupled with a good diet, some other supplements and nizoral shampoo), and have a full understanding of the side affects and issues involved with taking this drug. I have also seen that many (if not the majority) of you seem to get your finasteride without a prescription online. So, sorry for the long post, but what do you think I should do? Start this regime but take the chance of purchasing fin online? Should I go over his head a see a derm doctor? I understand I am going bald and there's nothing I can do about it...I'm fine with that but if there's a treatment that can get me through my 20's with a decent head of hair (I have always had a buzz cut and it still looks fine even now) why shouldn't I try it...

Thanks for your help every comment is greatly appreciated!!!

Similar story to mine except my hair loss started on the hair line. I went to a doctor in my mid 20's and he pretty much told me there wasn't anything I could do. I listened to him and now I am 37, with much less hair than I would have had if I had started treatment when I originally had seen my Dr over 10 years ago. If your doctor wont write you a prescription for fin for any other reason besides cost or his opinion that it doesn't work, then see a Dr. who will write you a prescription. The meds we have currently aren't the best, but they do work. For some they work great. You might be one of these people. If you are comfortable with the sides risk, I say start taking it. I did and have had some success. My only regret is not getting on it years ago.

BTW, I get my stuff online. If you are not comfortable with doing that, then get it from your local pharmacy.

Thanks for the reply man! I have seen your story on here before and it seemed like your results using fin (amoung other things) was pretty spectacular. I have pretty realistic expectation and am only hoping to keep what I have for the foreseeable future. Where do you get it online, do you need a script for it?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by baldymort View Post
    Thanks for the reply man! I have seen your story on here before and it seemed like your results using fin (amoung other things) was pretty spectacular. I have pretty realistic expectation and am only hoping to keep what I have for the foreseeable future. Where do you get it online, do you need a script for it?

Thanks again.
    Unlike me though, you are doing something early which is key. I get my stuff from inhouse. Just google it and you will find the site. Many guys around here get there stuff from there. I remember somebody even taking the stuff he ordered from there to a lab to get it tested and it was legit.

Yeah, I'm definitely at the point that if fin were to work (even a little bit for me) I would have a decent enough head of hair where with the right hair cuts my MPB wouldn't bee too noticeable. Especially when most people can't recognize the early signs of MPB unless they themselves have started to bald.

In terms of inhouse, which product do you get? I was planning on getting one of the 5mg varieties and splitting the pills in fourths, so that leaves me with the 5mg Procar or the 5mg Fincar. I have also read a lot about the sides. I do believe that most of the side's are mental (or due to pre-existing conditions such as depression, stress, etc.) but the more physical ones (gyno, ball ache) are definitely real. I was planning on tapering onto my fin dose to mitigate some of the risk, what would you guys suggest for my tapering dosage/schedule?

Thanks again!

Yeah, I'm definitely at the point that if fin were to work (even a little bit for me) I would have a decent enough head of hair where with the right hair cuts my MPB wouldn't bee too noticeable. Especially when most people can't recognize the early signs of MPB unless they themselves have started to bald.

In terms of inhouse, which product do you get? I was planning on getting one of the 5mg varieties and splitting the pills in fourths, so that leaves me with the 5mg Procar or the 5mg Fincar. I have also read a lot about the sides. I do believe that most of the side's are mental (or due to pre-existing conditions such as depression, stress, etc.) but the more physical ones (gyno, ball ache) are definitely real. I was planning on tapering onto my fin dose to mitigate some of the risk, what would you guys suggest for my tapering dosage/schedule?

Thanks again!
    I get Fincar 5mg finasteride. Potential for sides is very real, just like with any other prescription drug. If you decide on taking the drug don't go looking for sides. If you look for sides, you will most likely find them. Just listen to your body. There are a number of threads describing how others have tapered on the drug. I took the the full 1mg from the beginning.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I finally got up the nerve you talk to my GP about finasteride and he told me plain out that he doesn't think it works. Stated that he has had one other patient try it and with how much it costs and the little it did for him; made it not worth while.

I have also seen that many (if not the majority) of you seem to get your finasteride without a prescription online. So, sorry for the long post, but what do you think I should do? Start this regime but take the chance of purchasing fin online? Should I go over his head a see a derm doctor?

Thanks for your help every comment is greatly appreciated!!!
    I personally would not take finasteride. On the other hand, I do believe it works well for some men in holding back MPB.

I would never buy a prescription drug online that does not require a doctor's prescription. You could end up taking something either substandard, ineffective or even dangerous to your health.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! I will have another chat with my GP and press him a little more. I will meet with him in early February and will start a regime of fin and niz shampoo. I will taper onto the fin and hope to be up to 1 mg per day by April while using the niz shampoo 2-4 times per week. Once I start my regime I will post my 'before' shots and then some updates at 3, 6, and 12 months. Hopefully it works for me as I haven't found too many positive stories for younger guys but I'll keep you updated!!!

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it! I will have another chat with my GP and press him a little more. I will meet with him in early February and will start a regime of fin and niz shampoo. I will taper onto the fin and hope to be up to 1 mg per day by April while using the niz shampoo 2-4 times per week. Once I start my regime I will post my 'before' shots and then some updates at 3, 6, and 12 months. Hopefully it works for me as I haven't found too many positive stories for younger guys but I'll keep you updated!!!

It's definitely kept mine from getting worse in the last 6 months, and improved the overall quality of my hair. However, the sheds suck and are disheartening. It's a journey man. My advice would be to try to come to terms with it and be surprised if the treatment makes it better. However, I haven't yet been able to do that.

Hey guys just a quick update for anyone who is interested...I finally took the plunge yesterday as I began my journey to keeping my hair!! My current regime will include tapering onto fin @ 1mg EOD, 5% liquid minox every night, and 1% Niz shampoo EOD. I have been lazy recently but have also began to get back in shape and have started eating healthier and lifting so hopefully that will help out a little bit also!!

I have attached some pics I have taken (sorry only had my camera phone available) of my current situation. I used really high lighting so it actually looks a lot worse then I think it really is but at least I can easily replicate the same environment for when I take pics further down the line.

Also If any one is interested I am keeping a little bit of a journal to keep up with my progress. So far after 24 hours nothing to write home about, still getting hard all the time, no brain fog, ect so hopefully this keeps up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg

Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	25072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.jpg

Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	25073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg

Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	25074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg

Size:	57.4 KB