+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Story

Quote Originally Posted by baldymort View Post
    Ok well that's what I thought; most people seem to encounter sides pretty quickly once they start fin/minox and I've been on it for a week now with not one side at all. Hopefully this is a good thing and not that the fincar from inhouse are duds.
    Don't worry about the sides.
    It makes it less likely for you to 'find' them.

If you do get some real ones, then just stop.

After a week on 1mg fin, i had some libido issues and I stopped. A few weeks later I gave it another chance and that initial libido hit wears off and I have been good taking .5- 1mg a day. I do think it has made my mood slightly depressed.

been on it 3 months now. I haven't seen a change in my hair yet but I will give it a year.

Im almost 40, slow loss since age 30 and now Im a norwood 3... All loss is in the front and temples and thin on top. I shave and buzz my head frequently but just like you, it doesn't mean I want to be bald. It is pretty strange taking Fin and rubbing minoxidil into a freshly shaven head haha. I actually shave my head with nizoral shampoo sometimes.

Thanks for your input. I will follow your progress with baited breath. Regarding meds, everyone reacts differently to them. Some meds do exactly what they are supposed to do and some don't, just seems to depend on your own physiology. As far as side effects go, also some people get them and some don't. You may find the side effects you get are quite manageable, if that is the case, it is definitely worth the risks to give it a try. We all must remember when we see a doctor or therapist we are getting one person's opinion and one person's experience. If that were research we would not take it as fact. We could get more info. I'm glad your trying it

Hey guys I just wanted to chime in with a 1 month update. I will post pics if you guys want but I've let me hair grow out a bit so I don't know if you'd really be able to tell anything by them. In terms of the fin, I've continued taking 1.25mg EOD and so far have had ZERO side effects. I don't know if this is due to the fact I am getting them from inhouse and they are duds but hopefully I am just one of the lucky ones. I have also continued taking the minox every night before I go to bed. Zero sides from the minox and have yet to encounter any shedding so hopefully that continues. The only issues I have had have been with the Niz. If I use the niz too much I find I actually get dandruff. But if I keep the usage down to 1-2x per week then I have no issue with flakes.

The biggest benefit from this whole process has been the fact that I have actually acted instead of just waited. I can only imagine if I acted a year earlier when my MPB was hardly noticeable. My only advice to any guys just noticing their balding is act ASAP. You have plenty of time on your hands why not get the treatments; you know you're going bald, your dad is bald, your uncles are bald why would you wait?!?!

Hey guys I just wanted to give you a quick update as I haven't checked-in in a while. I've been on 1.25 mg of fin per day and 1.5 mL of minox per day (applied at night) and my results have been awesome. I can upload pictures if you want but my hair was so much shorter in my base pictures that it really wouldn't accurately show my progress. What I can say is I have had almost zero side affects, I have been noticing less ejaculate and a decrease in the amount and frequency of erections but not enough were I constantly think about it. I can't say if the fin is working and I haven't experienced any shed but I will continue to order from inhouse. But, I can say that the liquid minox has definitely improved my crown area. That was the area that I first noticed the thinning (you could see it in any far away pictures and even some of my friends noticed the thinning) and it has definitely thickened it up. I'll try to find a good baseline picture of my hair circa 2012/2013 when it was a similar length and compare it to a current one.

That being said the best thing that came out of this experience was peace of mind. I was extremely nervous after taking the plunge but after a few weeks I could finally look at myself and say "**** it, I did everything I could (within reason)" and that itself was a huge step. I started regrowing out my hair as the minox started working (or so I think) and hardly ever think about it now. And even if I do I care so much less about it then I did before that it doesn't bother me. 8 months ago my MPB literally haunted me, I thought about it constantly. At the very least trying the medication was a huge emotional (i know it sounds girly) step for me and really the progress I've made has just been an extra benefit (albeit a welcomed one). I hope this can at least guide some of the younger guys into action, I can't imagine what my hair would look like if I started treatment at 22 when I first noticed my MPB instead of 24. In 2 years I went from a full head of hair to constantly buzzing it at a 0 to hide my thinning/recession. Now I've grown it back out, still have a little (but hardly noticeable, even to me) thinning around the crown but can finally go through a day without the constant worrying about my baldness. Hope this helps, I'll continue my regime and hopefully see continued improvements. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

couple of pics would be cool

Well I'm 24 and thinning on top, think it's time to take the step. I would L O V E to just put hair loss out of my mind for a while...

Hey man. Im wondering how are your hairs now since i my hairs are exactly the same when you started.