+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Story

You are not in bad shape. If you grow some hair back and thicken up what you have, your going to be looking pretty good.

Hey man,

your hair isn't that bad due to the color/texture of it too.

You have plenty of healthy hair left, but you definitely need to treat it if you want to keep the coverage.

I would suggest, though, is maybe buzzing the sides a little shorter than the top, especially around the temple points and neck, it will make it look a little cleaner. It might help blend in your thinning top with the rest of the hair as these points especially tend to be where the longer strands of hair bunch up and form thicker areas.

But, if you go too short it will draw some attention to your thinner top, the key is balance.

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I let it grow out a bit to really highlight the thinning, I usually buzz it to a 2 and it looks fine. I have usually had a pretty short buzz so it really doesn't look that odd to people. If the regime can help thicken my vellus hair I think it will look real nice. I basically had a great haircut 6 months ago so if after a while it gets back to that point I would be ecstatic but at least keeping what I have now will work too.

Quote Originally Posted by baldymort View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I let it grow out a bit to really highlight the thinning, I usually buzz it to a 2 and it looks fine. I have usually had a pretty short buzz so it really doesn't look that odd to people. If the regime can help thicken my vellus hair I think it will look real nice. I basically had a great haircut 6 months ago so if after a while it gets back to that point I would be ecstatic but at least keeping what I have now will work too.
    Yeah, that probably is doable if you jump on the 'big 3'

You could just rock the aaron paul buzz style - I'm trying to do that but I don't have the balls to buzz my hair and show the world how shitty my hairline is .. and just grow my hair to cover my hairline.

Yeah I have always had a buzz cut, the longest I have really had my hair was a less douchy version of the Mackelmore cut which was a bout 6-7 months ago. I look pretty decent even when I have buzzed it down to a 0 so I guess I won't look too much different if I was completely bald (but f**k that). I just took your advice and cut it from a 1 on the sides tapering up to a 3 on top; it looks 100x better so thanks! Its been three days a no side so far, but I am trying not to think about those too much or the dreaded fin/minox shed which would really suck... Thanks again for all your input!

Just another quick question, how long did it take for you guys to start experiencing any of the sides of fin or minox?

I got the "ball ache" when I started fin. If I remember correctly, I got it right away. It wasn't painful, more discomfort than anything. Went away in about a couple of months.

If ball ache was the only side I'd suffer that all year round gladly.. It's all the other scarey shit that puts me off.. Gynaecomastia, brain fog, penile shrinkage, weight gain, depression, anxiety attacks, and to cap it all potential persistent sides if you can't hack it daily.

Damn it, I wish I'd never heard of the sides and just took it, I'm scared shitless to even think of it.. Damn , it.. high NW here I come I think
    Last edited by Jcm800; 02-22-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    If ball ache was the only side I'd suffer that all year round gladly.. It's all the other scarey shit that puts me off.. Gynaecomastia, brain fog, penile shrinkage, weight gain, depression, anxiety attacks, and to cap it all potential persistent sides if you can't hack it daily.

Damn it, I wish I'd never heard of the sides and just took it, I'm scared shitless to even think of it.. Damn , it.. high NW here I come I think
    I hear you dude. Believe me, I read a ton about the potential sides. It scared the crap out of me also. But if you've seen my pics you know why I jumped on it. I thought for me it was worth the risk. I had to try something if I wanted to keep from going slick. It may not be worth it for you and I respect that. Prescription drugs aren't anything to mess with.

Ok well that's what I thought; most people seem to encounter sides pretty quickly once they start fin/minox and I've been on it for a week now with not one side at all. Hopefully this is a good thing and not that the fincar from inhouse are duds.