+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wink

My husband is full baldy!! And he looks pretty much the same as when I married him 22 years ago. His face is the same, but more importantly his heart and brain are the same. Hair, like anything external is just that, it is just on the outside, it does not make a man. Yes we all want to look our best and what's wrong with a shaved head anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley79328 View Post
    My husband is full baldy!! And he looks pretty much the same as when I married him 22 years ago. His face is the same, but more importantly his heart and brain are the same. Hair, like anything external is just that, it is just on the outside, it does not make a man. Yes we all want to look our best and what's wrong with a shaved head anyway.
    Good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Where on the norwood scale is your husband? In your honest opinion do you think he looks worse than he did with a full head of hair?
    Peep the age of women who say they don't care about men being bald, age has a lot to do with it because they grew up in a different era, and if they didn't and they're just older, it's cause they're too old to care. You know very well how most young females in our age group are with looks. The older the female is, the less she cares about hair.

An answer from a married woman about her bald husband is pretty predictable, it would probably be that she doesn't even care.

I agree with what you are saying about older women caring less about hair. But if most woman(any age) had a choice between two guys that are similar except one had hair and the other didn't, the woman would most likely choose the guy with hair. It sucks that we don't live in a perfect world where we are judge by what's on the inside, but it's just the way it is.

I am not just shitting on the women either, dudes are just are just as bad.

I disagree whole heartedly. If a woman has a choice between a hairy man and an unhairy man, she would choose the one that she connected most with, not the one with hair. How could women and men be so different. I have thyroid disease and lost 70% of my hair. Being a woman (with long curly blonde beautiful hair), this freaked me out immensely and made me sit down and think about how we judge people by their appearance. I do not and appeal to all those out there to also not judge a book by its cover!! Maybe that comes with age and wisdom, but the young have no time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Peep the age of women who say they don't care about men being bald, age has a lot to do with it because they grew up in a different era, and if they didn't and they're just older, it's cause they're too old to care. You know very well how most young females in our age group are with looks. The older the female is, the less she cares about hair.

An answer from a married woman about her bald husband is pretty predictable, it would probably be that she doesn't even care.
    I used to think only weight would hold you back but based on what I have read on dating sites there is truth to what you say- that it matters to younger women. Some on one site I am on have said just that: That it mattered when they were younger, but now, for some reason it does not. Still there are plenty of younger women who still do not care so it is not like you don't have a chance, just may have to work harder. Right now I think height is more of a deal breaker than anything and I never would have believed that before I joined these dating sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley79328 View Post
    I disagree whole heartedly. If a woman has a choice between a hairy man and an unhairy man, she would choose the one that she connected most with, not the one with hair. How could women and men be so different. I have thyroid disease and lost 70% of my hair. Being a woman (with long curly blonde beautiful hair), this freaked me out immensely and made me sit down and think about how we judge people by their appearance. I do not and appeal to all those out there to also not judge a book by its cover!! Maybe that comes with age and wisdom, but the young have no time for that.
    Ohhh! Finally figured out what you are doing here. Wasn't sure what you were here for. Thought maybe you were here to get info for your husband. Welcome, and sorry about your hair loss.

Back to your comment. But I said everything being similar, that would include the connection you had. The only thing different would be that one would have a full head of hair. Most would choose the person, man or woman with hair. Now if you are talking about being in love with someone and he or she losing their hair, then yes, I would agree with you. I wouldn't leave my wife if she lost her hair. She is more to me than a nice head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I used to think only weight would hold you back but based on what I have read on dating sites there is truth to what you say- that it matters to younger women. Some on one site I am on have said just that: That it mattered when they were younger, but now, for some reason it does not. Still there are plenty of younger women who still do not care so it is not like you don't have a chance, just may have to work harder. Right now I think height is more of a deal breaker than anything and I never would have believed that before I joined these dating sites.
    People can say the right things to appear less shallow, but the proof is in the pudding. I would challenge anybody to create two profiles on a dating site and post a picture on one with hair and on the other without. You are sure to get more responses on the profile with hair. Just the way it is unfortunately. But as men we are not off the hook either. Many of us can be just as bad, and we need to realize this before trashing the women.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

People can say the right things to appear less shallow, but the proof is in the pudding. I would challenge anybody to create two profiles on a dating site and post a picture on one with hair and on the other without. You are sure to get more responses on the profile with hair. Just the way it is unfortunately. But as men we are not off the hook either. Many of us can be just as bad, and we need to realize this before trashing the women.
    Good points. Women are all over the place when it comes to hair loss. Some don't care if a man has hair loss, others do, while other women find bald men sexy. I met a man recently who was engaged. He wore a very realistic hairpiece and his fiancée did not even know. When the man decided it was time for transparency, she broke off the engagement. He wasn't crushed but rather saw this as a blessing that her superficiality was revealed before they continued on with their relationship.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Yes I have heard of people doing just that and I think that is just human nature at work. As you say, I know I am somewhat guilty about that as well.

But I think if you can get your foot in the door (not sure how) then your chances go up.