Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lumpybottom
    • Dec 2013

shedding all kinds of hairs

did anyone notice shedding (not on meds) from back, sides, chest, pubic with mpb? at first i thought it was just top scalp that felt thinner, but i tink everything is. i'm 40yo with some temple recession but good head of hair. last few months i been shedding from all these places. wondering if mpb is kicking in or if it's from stress i've been under for that same time too?

thanks.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I would love it if I was shedding from the back, chest, ass, pubic area, etc, Much less scaping I would have to do.

Comment

• lumpybottom
      • Dec 2013

yes. well im just curious if this is mpb related shed? anyone else have this that was starting mpb?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

I don't think it has anything to do with MPB. I have heard of guys losing body hair when on fin though.

Comment

• lumpybottom
          • Dec 2013

thanks. yeah i saw a derm this week and they said it was TE. i'm still not convinced though because i have some recession and im paranoid. and reading these forums it seems everyone thinks TE is rare and a bogus diagnosis for males. i could pull out like 3 hairs from the bottom back of my head almost every time though. also from chest.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by lumpybottom
            thanks. yeah i saw a derm this week and they said it was TE. i'm still not convinced though because i have some recession and im paranoid. and reading these forums it seems everyone thinks TE is rare and a bogus diagnosis for males. i could pull out like 3 hairs from the bottom back of my head almost every time though. also from chest.

Damn, weird. Let us know if you find out anything else.

Comment

• win200
              • Jul 2012

I've always shed a lot of leg hair. I noticed it for the first time when I stayed in a hotel with white sheets, and I woke up with the mid-section of the bed covered in like thirty small hairs. I freaked out at first because I assumed that it was all miniaturized hair from my head, but I slept with pajama bottoms on the next night and it didn't happen again. I have really sparse, thin leg hair that's easily pulled out, so apparently my shed rate from there is high. (I don't have chest/back hair and have virtually no arm hair.) Weird.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                Doctor Representative
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by lumpybottom
                did anyone notice shedding (not on meds) from back, sides, chest, pubic with mpb? at first i thought it was just top scalp that felt thinner, but i tink everything is. i'm 40yo with some temple recession but good head of hair. last few months i been shedding from all these places. wondering if mpb is kicking in or if it's from stress i've been under for that same time too?

thanks.
                Some medications have a hair loss side effect. Back in 2003, I made the mistake of taking three over the counter meds with that side. It was a nightmare. I suppose stress could contribute to general hair loss.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                forhair.com
                Cole Hair Transplant
                1070 Powers Place
                Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                Phone 678-566-1011
                email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• lumpybottom
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                  Some medications have a hair loss side effect. Back in 2003, I made the mistake of taking three over the counter meds with that side. It was a nightmare. I suppose stress could contribute to general hair loss.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                  forhair.com
                  Cole Hair Transplant
                  1070 Powers Place
                  Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                  Phone 678-566-1011
                  email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                  The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                  Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
                  no i'm not on any meds at all. scalp has slowed down but still just pulled 5 hairs from sideburn area. i guess i'll assume it is TE for now and see if i recover. at 40yo, i would guess if i do have mpb...that it's pretty gradual. just paranoid that it could kick in high gear

Comment

Working...