+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Maybe some of you have missed the recent news; Japanese parliament approved the change in legislation for stem cell therapies. As of 2015, new stem cell therapies will become approved upon completion of phase 2b. Phase 3 can be conducted after the therapy is available to public!

Our community should keep a very close eye on Tsuji lab in the coming years. At this point, if the arricles I'm reading is correct they're about to combine Jahoda's research one step further using specific growth factors etc. If this approach works, unlimited DHT resistant hair follicles will be in our grasp by 2020!

We have finally been dealt a decent hand after 20 years ofstagnant procrastination

Ps. Histogen might also be looking at marketing their product in japan by 2016 through the new policy changes.

Hang in there guys...no need to be so negative. We're on the verge of some major breakthroughs
    Oy Des my man, nice to hear from you. At first I was thinking oh shit 2015, ggrrrr, then it hit me that we are in 2015 already. But yeah we still have to wait I am hoping for something before the end of the decade. Can't wait another 5 years. I am mostly interested to see how this change in regulation will reflect on Shiseido trials of Replicels treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Oy Des my man, nice to hear from you. At first I was thinking oh shit 2015, ggrrrr, then it hit me that we are in 2015 already. But yeah we still have to wait I am hoping for something before the end of the decade. Can't wait another 5 years. I am mostly interested to see how this change in regulation will reflect on Shiseido trials of Replicels treatment.
    Not sure about everyone else, but I'm still in 2014. Should I be worried about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Oy then it hit me that we are in 2015 already.

Sorry to disappoint you but we're still in 2014. Only another 350 or so days to go though

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    Not sure about everyone else, but I'm still in 2014. Should I be worried about this?
    Lol yeah, meant 2014, but you can chalk it up to hair loss driven dementia .
    I proclaim it a thing, maybe they'll hurry with a cure now .

Word on the street is a cure for hair loss is one year away, two tops...

What about the billions of dollars spent on researching HIV and AIDS? The best they have are treatments as well.

Curing baldness isn't exactly a priority let alone on every Science undergraduate's bucket list... it probably doesn't make for a good doctoral thesis as well.

Once researchers and biotech companies figure ways to selectively target cells in the human body without affecting any others nearby, i.e. one of the main problems with developing effecting cancer treatments, the "cure" for baldness will come naturally. Apparently one researcher recently found a protein that may be responsible for causing baldness? The main reason why we can't taking inhibitors for it is because the effects on the rest of the body are unknown (i.e. the problem with "selectively" targeting cells arises again). Heck, a lot of people on this forum are already anti-finasteride for its effects on other parts of the body.

I want a "cure" as much as the next person. I started balding at 15 and been buzzing since 17, before I was even legal. I forget how my life was pre-finasteride, heck the first time I had sex was on finasteride so I wonder how it would be like off of it (if it really does make a big difference as some claim). I'm sick of having to take pills everyday, and sick of having to watch my friends put gel in their hair and talk about different hair styles before a night out while I go hide off in a corner and discretely apply minox. I think it's been 5 or 6 years since I ever used gel?

Regardless, that's beside the point. I find it amusing how some people on this forum criticize researchers for their efforts. At least they're the only few that are trying and have a focus on hair loss. It's only us who create the hype or buzz of a new treatment, which leads to our own let downs.

Judging by some members comments about progress and with their over simplistic views about science, I'm puzzled as to why they don't start considering becoming a researcher, or doing some research themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by vcity View Post
    Judging by some members comments about progress and with their over simplistic views about science, I'm puzzled as to why they don't start considering becoming a researcher, or doing some research themselves.
    Because its too late for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Because its too late for most of us.
    Just a side note, but very rarely is it too late to change career paths. Latecomers and people from different fields have a reputation for shaking up industries because they're unencumbered by conventional wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    Just a side note, but very rarely is it too late to change career paths. Latecomers and people from different fields have a reputation for shaking up industries because they're unencumbered by conventional wisdom.
    Like Dr. Nigam?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post

Ps. Histogen might also be looking at marketing their product in japan by 2016 through the new policy changes.

)
    Is this something you know from some kind of source or just your own speculation