Threaded View

Default Why not just buzz it off?

Sorry I hate to rant but we are all here for one reason, because we love our hair and hate to see it go. Likewise I want your honest opinions and no pity. Up until three months ago I had a gorgeous long blonde mane inspired by Clay Matthews that I grew out for football. I won best hair for my senior year superlatives. Basically I have always been very proud of my hair and in some ways let it define me. After I cut it though I noticed that my hair line was receded to like a Norwood 2.5ish. I freaked out and was so pissed off by it. My dad (who went bald in his mid twenties) has always joked with me that there would be a cure for baldness by the time my hair were to start going. Obviously, we're not at that point yet. Yeah I can use Rogaine twice a day for the rest of my life, or take fork over a ton of money on Propecia to hopefully prevent loosing anymore. But I dont want to be a slave to those products and be self conscious about how other people notice my hairline. It sucks because I'm 18 years old and I just feel trapped and imprisoned by my hair loss. I'm strongly considering just buzzing it down to like a two or a three before i loss much more just so that I can be known as a young guy who keeps his hair short, rather than a young guy who is trying to cover up his balding. The pictures of me with a buzz cut were taken around three years ago and the last picture was taken about a month ago. So keep in mind that I've gotten taller (5'10) and weigh a healthy 185. I'm in good shape and decently "big" So do you guys think I could pull off the Jason Satham style buzz? Should I go for it and just shave it all off before my hair loss becomes really noticeable? But also why dont more guys just say ef it and buzz it off?
    Attached Images