Replicel Patent in Japan (and also Sheiseido is doing their own trials)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dav7
    • Feb 2013

A few questions about Replicel,

(a) Does anybody know when it will be released?

(b) How much would it cost at the beginning?

(c) How much hair would it regrow..........can it transform you into a NW1?

(d) Does it depend on having as much hair as possible in the donor area? E.g. Does depleted donor area from Hair Transplants matter?

(e) Will it do away with the Big 3, or merely be an extra tool for combating hair loss?

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Dav7
      A few questions about Replicel,

(a) Does anybody know when it will be released?
      2016 at the earliest... thats also being optimistic.

(b) How much would it cost at the beginning?
      Nobody knows, but you should probably use HTs, treatment, etc as a comparison in two years time to get an idea of the cost.

(c) How much hair would it regrow..........can it transform you into a NW1?
      Initial Phase I results showed about 15% increase... so, not much.

(d) Does it depend on having as much hair as possible in the donor area? E.g. Does depleted donor area from Hair Transplants matter?
      No. They're using cells and multiplying them. There will never be a limit.
      (e) Will it do away with the Big 3, or merely be an extra tool for combating hair loss?
      Ideally do away... depends on how well Replicel works.

Comment

• Sparky4444
        • Nov 2013

Seriously?? This is a joke...ass-end of 2016?? For 15% increase???

I can't believe you guys are wasting your energy on this complete abomination of a treatment....

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by stayhopeful
          doesn't Japan have fast track approval for regenerative products?

I wouldn't mind traveling to Japan for some follicular stabilization and perhaps some regrowth.....
          Hopefully any products coming from Japan are tested being for radioactivity.

Chuck

Comment

• BoSox
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Atum
            For the love of it......3 years for a 1 phase trial?!?
            By the time they are finished i will probably be bald by than.
            Or cured by then. I believe follica will save us. Replicel sounds promising, but too slow to keep up with other advancements.

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
              Yea the replicel website says the phase II trial will be 3 years long....

does the sheiseido link you posted mean they can go faster than in the states with clinical trials? or does it just mean they can sell stem cell related products?
              That's a good question, I wish they posted the actual presentation video. It's hard to guess shiseidos role and level of independence with their own clinical trials. We barely have hints that they will have some in the first place, but we don't know when and we don't know if they will test different methodologies.

It'd be interesting to read more about what shiseido is intentioned on doing.

For the love of it......3 years for a 1 phase trial?!?
              By the time they are finished i will probably be bald by than.
              Phase 2

Originally posted by Sparky4444
              Seriously?? This is a joke...ass-end of 2016?? For 15% increase???

I can't believe you guys are wasting your energy on this complete abomination of a treatment....
              I have already explained to you the final yield is not to be based on a small phase 1 clinical trial. Now shut up and take your depressed ass somewhere else.

Originally posted by BoSox
              Or cured by then. I believe follica will save us. Replicel sounds promising, but too slow to keep up with other advancements.
              That'd be awesome, but based on their recent articles, it seems they are testing the fgf9 theory (and I wonder how the wnt more recent publication plays into their plans). But in think based on what they said in June, it's sage to say they are developing their fgf9 preclinical trials right now and if that shows promise they will start clinical trials. I doubt that leaves any hope for anything before 2020.

Comment

• Sparky4444
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87
                I have already explained to you the final yield is not to be based on a small phase 1 clinical trial. Now shut up and take your depressed ass somewhere else.
                ... you're funny -- and sad -- and a sociopath....

Immediate hopes lies with Dr. Wesley and scarless FUE....end of story...period...

...if Follica is THAT far away, then the fat lady is singing loud -- oh wait, that's Thinning87 talking tough with a hot dog up his ass

Comment

• Atum
                  • Aug 2013

Phase 2
                  I know its phase 2. What I meant was that it takes them 3 years for only 1 phase to complete.

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Sparky4444
                    ... you're funny -- and sad -- and a sociopath....

Immediate hopes lies with Dr. Wesley and scarless FUE....end of story...period...

...if Follica is THAT far away, then the fat lady is singing loud -- oh wait, that's Thinning87 talking tough with a hot dog up his ass
                    Of course you would think Follica is behind the corner. I wish it were true, and from a theoretical point of view they might be. But from a practical point of view, no way.

Also, I'm just saying the truth, based on facts, and making logical conclusions based on what we (not your ignorant ass) have read.

Finally, I will repeat that the problem for people like you is not hair. Hair is just an excuse to be negative about something. If it weren't hair, it would be something else. You don't deserve to be cured.

Comment

• Sparky4444
                      • Nov 2013

Of course you would think Follica is behind the corner. I wish it were true, and from a theoretical point of view they might be. But from a practical point of view, no way.

Also, I'm just saying the truth, based on facts, and making logical conclusions based on what we (not your ignorant ass) have read.

Finally, I will repeat that the problem for people like you is not hair. Hair is just an excuse to be negative about something. If it weren't hair, it would be something else. You don't deserve to be cured.
                      OK..let's call a truce here...Being from Canada, I actually applied to be part of the Repli-Cel trials this last go around...I get all the newsletters from them....

...not being negative, I am trying to be objective --- I, at best, see Repli-Cel as giving slightly better results than Fin/Minox....But I don't see it as giving a diffuse NW3, like myself, the cosmetic results...

..I just have a nagging feeling with RepliCel that this is just a big song-and-dance that won't go anywhere's...I hope I'm wrong, but by the end of 2016, I'll have had my 2nd scarless FUE done by then...

Comment

• Thinning87
                        • Dec 2012

Their continuous talk about stock options and issuing of stock is indeed worrying, just like their overly well designed website. But no one puts in $4M to fund them unless they have some information on potential developments that beat the 15% shown in phase 1. It will take a while so there's no point wasting time on it now, but I would not write them off as waste of time. These results are not too far away from histogen has shown in many patients, but everyone seems to have more respect for them although they haven't moved in over a year.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Aug 2012

Their continuous talk about stock options and issuing of stock is indeed worrying, just like their overly well designed website. But no one puts in $4M to fund them unless they have some information on potential developments that beat the 15% shown in phase 1. It will take a while so there's no point wasting time on it now, but I would not write them off as waste of time. These results are not too far away from histogen has shown in many patients, but everyone seems to have more respect for them although they haven't moved in over a year.
                          Someone will eventually figure out a safe and effective way to prevent and cure MPB. The FDA Approval process is a nightmare and certain treatments that include stem cells in particular have an associated cancer risk that needs to be addressed.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                          forhair.com
                          Cole Hair Transplant
                          1070 Powers Place
                          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                          Phone 678-566-1011
                          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• Sogeking
                            • Feb 2011

I know its phase 2. What I meant was that it takes them 3 years for only 1 phase to complete.
                            Doesn't matter. In the provided link (quoted below) for faster regulatory process in Japan it says that basically when it comes to stem cell based treatments they only need to prove safety, not efficacy. So basically the trial Shiseido is going to do will be the only trial they need. The bad thing is, they don't need to prove efficacy.

Previously phase I shown efficacy was too low, unless, and this is a big UNLESS, they can immunize the existing follicles.

However I have to be frank I just want to see any non snake oil treatment getting out that will at least be an option besides the big 3. And I always wanted to visit Japan.

Comment

Working...