+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Dermarolling Scalp 1x a week might be too much.

First I just want to say that what Im going to say is anecdotal.

Ive been dermastamping my face for the past year with 1.00mm stamp every two weeks(14 days) in order to get rid of my acne scars. From all the extensive research that Ive done, dermastamping more often than every 10-14 days on the face with a 1.00mm dermstamp will cause chronically inflamed skin and possible tissue damage.

Just like with everything in life there is a yin and yang. In order for the skin to build new collagen to remove the acne scar it needs a stimulus (dermastamping) to kick start the new collagen formation process, and time for the new tissue to form properly.

heres a pic showing the wound healing process

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ing_phases.png

Ive been dermastamping my scalp 1x a week for the first two months, and didnt notice much results. I started to get lazy and would forget to dermstamp for the week and on would make it up by dermstamping extra hard the following weeks to the point that I would bleed.

I didnt take any pictures, but Im starting to notice better results now.

Also I suggest dermastamping rather than dermarolling, because dermastamping is less likely to pull hairs out.

TLDR; Im noticing better results with dermstamping once every two weeks, and going harder than I normally would to the point that i will bleed.

I think you are right. Using the dermaroller once a week might be just too much. Also, I think somebody else posted a picture on ***. Some sort of graphic, where it was shown that many important steps of the wound healing proces don't start until like the beggining of the second week... so many guys use the dermaroller again when their bodies have not even exploited the benefits of wounding healing completely. As even if you don't feel any pain or soreness or if your scalp is not red no longer it does not mean wound healing is complete.

By the way, I am also seeing results, (but they are still very poor, and I'm starting to think this won't get me any further on the regrowth department (though it may help me maintain, but it will take me some serious time to see if I'm right or not)). Anyway, I have been doing heavy wounding once every two or three weeks from the beggingin. Never once weeakly...

I posted that chart in the dermarolling thread a while back and have been dermarolling every 14 days myself as well.

That chart was first posted by PrincessRambo on *** about 4 or more months ago.

we are in 2014 and we still talking about dermarolling, thats funny and sad

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    we are in 2014 and we still talking about dermarolling, thats funny and sad
    lol, the whole "future hairloss treatments" subject is sad and funny...
    we are in 2014 with NOTHING.. this forum sh
    ould be closed.

Agree bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    lol, the whole "future hairloss treatments" subject is sad and funny...
    we are in 2014 with NOTHING.. this forum sh
    ould be closed.
    Send an email to all the biotech researchers (Dr. Cotsarelis) and ask them what do they have to show for all their work in a hair loss treatment after decades of work?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Send an email to all the biotech researchers (Dr. Cotsarelis) and ask them what do they have to show for all their work in a hair loss treatment after decades of work?

there is truly nothing beyond fin/dut/minox/ht. things have gotten really bleak the last 6 months. i have no clue when we're going to see a cure. 3 years ago i was sure that histogen or some advancement would be around by 2016 at the absolute latest. now there's no way i'd put money on that. i haven't even been on this forum in months because there's so little going on, and i used to be here every day for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    there is truly nothing beyond fin/dut/minox/ht. things have gotten really bleak the last 6 months. i have no clue when we're going to see a cure. 3 years ago i was sure that histogen or some advancement would be around by 2016 at the absolute latest. now there's no way i'd put money on that. i haven't even been on this forum in months because there's so little going on, and i used to be here every day for a couple years.
    Besides the incompetency of Aderans, nothing's really changed in the last 6 months.