Dermarolling Scalp 1x a week might be too much.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

Dermarolling Scalp 1x a week might be too much.

First I just want to say that what Im going to say is anecdotal.

Ive been dermastamping my face for the past year with 1.00mm stamp every two weeks(14 days) in order to get rid of my acne scars. From all the extensive research that Ive done, dermastamping more often than every 10-14 days on the face with a 1.00mm dermstamp will cause chronically inflamed skin and possible tissue damage.

Just like with everything in life there is a yin and yang. In order for the skin to build new collagen to remove the acne scar it needs a stimulus (dermastamping) to kick start the new collagen formation process, and time for the new tissue to form properly.

heres a pic showing the wound healing process

Ive been dermastamping my scalp 1x a week for the first two months, and didnt notice much results. I started to get lazy and would forget to dermstamp for the week and on would make it up by dermstamping extra hard the following weeks to the point that I would bleed.

I didnt take any pictures, but Im starting to notice better results now.

Also I suggest dermastamping rather than dermarolling, because dermastamping is less likely to pull hairs out.

TLDR; Im noticing better results with dermstamping once every two weeks, and going harder than I normally would to the point that i will bleed.
  • chimera
    • Aug 2012

I think you are right. Using the dermaroller once a week might be just too much. Also, I think somebody else posted a picture on ***. Some sort of graphic, where it was shown that many important steps of the wound healing proces don't start until like the beggining of the second week... so many guys use the dermaroller again when their bodies have not even exploited the benefits of wounding healing completely. As even if you don't feel any pain or soreness or if your scalp is not red no longer it does not mean wound healing is complete.

By the way, I am also seeing results, (but they are still very poor, and I'm starting to think this won't get me any further on the regrowth department (though it may help me maintain, but it will take me some serious time to see if I'm right or not)). Anyway, I have been doing heavy wounding once every two or three weeks from the beggingin. Never once weeakly...

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

I posted that chart in the dermarolling thread a while back and have been dermarolling every 14 days myself as well.

That chart was first posted by PrincessRambo on *** about 4 or more months ago.

Comment

• baldybald
        • Jul 2012

we are in 2014 and we still talking about dermarolling, thats funny and sad

Comment

• Scientalk56
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by baldybald
          we are in 2014 and we still talking about dermarolling, thats funny and sad
          lol, the whole "future hairloss treatments" subject is sad and funny...
          we are in 2014 with NOTHING.. this forum sh
          ould be closed.

Comment

• baldybald
            • Jul 2012

Agree bro lol

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Scientalk56
              lol, the whole "future hairloss treatments" subject is sad and funny...
              we are in 2014 with NOTHING.. this forum sh
              ould be closed.
              Send an email to all the biotech researchers (Dr. Cotsarelis) and ask them what do they have to show for all their work in a hair loss treatment after decades of work?

Comment

• Pentarou
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                Send an email to all the biotech researchers (Dr. Cotsarelis) and ask them what do they have to show for all their work in a hair loss treatment after decades of work?

Comment

• Conpecia
                  • Sep 2011

there is truly nothing beyond fin/dut/minox/ht. things have gotten really bleak the last 6 months. i have no clue when we're going to see a cure. 3 years ago i was sure that histogen or some advancement would be around by 2016 at the absolute latest. now there's no way i'd put money on that. i haven't even been on this forum in months because there's so little going on, and i used to be here every day for a couple years.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                    there is truly nothing beyond fin/dut/minox/ht. things have gotten really bleak the last 6 months. i have no clue when we're going to see a cure. 3 years ago i was sure that histogen or some advancement would be around by 2016 at the absolute latest. now there's no way i'd put money on that. i haven't even been on this forum in months because there's so little going on, and i used to be here every day for a couple years.
                    Besides the incompetency of Aderans, nothing's really changed in the last 6 months.

Comment

• Thinning87
                      • Dec 2012

I have always been skeptical about DIY dermarolling because as Follica published, you don't just wound the skin, you also stimulate the right pathways if you want to grow hair.

Dermarolling might actually be bad for you because you end up damaging the existing follicles which, due to the lack of natural expression of FGF9 and/or related factors, just scar rather then create new and stronger follicles.

I have read this point on the forums before and wouldn't be surprised if this is what's happening to you guys

Comment

• Avacfc
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by Conpecia
                        How's the the dut going? You experiencing side effects? I'm considering 0.25mg of fin 3x a week to add to derma rolling and was curious how you were getting on.

Comment

• Conpecia
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Avacfc
                          How's the the dut going? You experiencing side effects? I'm considering 0.25mg of fin 3x a week to add to derma rolling and was curious how you were getting on.
                          i have had good crown regrowth, been on dut since august. hairline is unfortunately still receding though...

i'm giving the dut a full year to see what happens, at that point i'll consider an ht if there is stabilization of the hairline.

no sides other than a little achiness in the balls the first couple weeks and a major shed that lasted a few months. but now i barely see hair in the shower, pillow, etc. no clue why more people aren't on dut.

Comment

Working...