+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Is my regimem ok or overkill

My regimen is as follows,

(a) 1mg Finasteride daily

(b) Rogaine Foam full cap x 2 daily, once in the morning, once at night. I just squirt with the nozel facing into the cup until the cap is full each time.

(c) Nizoral 2% - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Going with recommendations on the fin dose, but not with the Rogaine Foam half cap x 2 daily and Niz 2% twice weekly. Is using two full caps of Rogaine Foam and Niz three times a week as opposed to two half caps of Rogaine, and using Niz twice weekly ok to do, or a bad idea, and if so - why?

Also, how many hours should you leave applying Rogaine foam after washing hair with Niz 2%?

No, it is not overkill. Maybe overusing Nizoral, but the rest is fine.

Id personally go with Niz 2 times a week instead of 3, but keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    No, it is not overkill. Maybe overusing Nizoral, but the rest is fine.
    Thanks for your response. However, I'm just wondering how I may be doing harm using Nizoral on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as opposed to twice weekly?

Your regimen is nowhere near overkill, do not worry

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Thanks for your response. However, I'm just wondering how I may be doing harm using Nizoral on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as opposed to twice weekly?
    Long term, probably not

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Your regimen is nowhere near overkill, do not worry

Long term, probably not
    Thanks, this is re-assuring.

Does anybody know how long you have to wait until applying Rogaine Foam after washing the hair with Nizoral 2% shampoo? Can you do it after drying your hair, and how does it effect the penetration of Min into the scalp?

Thanks, this is re-assuring.

Does anybody know how long you have to wait until applying Rogaine Foam after washing the hair with Nizoral 2% shampoo? Can you do it after drying your hair, and how does it effect the penetration of Min into the scalp?
    You can do it right after you dry your hair. Even fine on damp hair as long as it is not dripping wet.

And just to add to the Nizoral question you had. I use to use Regenepure about 5 days a week until I started asking questions and reading around here that it was bad to use a keto shampoo too often. I personally didn't notice a difference since my hair is so short. I don't know if it does damage to the hair or the follicle, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I don't know if it does damage to the hair or the follicle, but I didn't want to take any chances.
    Are you referring to Nizoral or Regenpure?

Also are you suggesting that Nizoral, 3 times weekly can damage hair follicles?

Are you referring to Nizoral or Regenpure?

Also are you suggesting that Nizoral, 3 times weekly can damage hair follicles?
    My thoughts on the Nizoral "how often" question....I see many users around here saying not to use it more than 1x every week (for the 2% formula). However the main study that showed Nizoral can help MPB, it had patients using it 2-4x every week. I think if 2-4x is what showed results, I feel safer using it that often
    Maybe the harshness might cause some extra shedding, I am not sure. But I fail to see how it could accelerate MPB (androgens shrinking your follicles)....a hair shaft coming out from harsh shampoo is not permanently lost to MPB in my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    My thoughts on the Nizoral "how often" question....I see many users around here saying not to use it more than 1x every week (for the 2% formula). However the main study that showed Nizoral can help MPB, it had patients using it 2-4x every week. I think if 2-4x is what showed results, I feel safer using it that often
    Maybe the harshness might cause some extra shedding, I am not sure. But I fail to see how it could accelerate MPB (androgens shrinking your follicles)....a hair shaft coming out from harsh shampoo is not permanently lost to MPB in my understanding
    My hair thinned out a bit everytime I used keto. It was like the already weak follicles were forced out by the shampoo.