+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    My hair thinned out a bit everytime I used keto. It was like the already weak follicles were forced out by the shampoo.
    Is that not just part of the shedding and re-growth phase such as what one also experiences with finasteride or minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Is that not just part of the shedding and re-growth phase such as what one also experiences with finasteride or minoxidil?
    Well it has never recovered,and I have not lost any ground since dropping keto.

I have never heard of a shed from keto use alone. Yeahyeahyeah, you're not using any other hair loss treatment, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I have never heard of a shed from keto use alone. Yeahyeahyeah, you're not using any other hair loss treatment, are you?
    no

As long as scalp health is solid you can use niz 3 times a week if you please. I personally do it 2x (2%)...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    My hair thinned out a bit everytime I used keto. It was like the already weak follicles were forced out by the shampoo.
    Sorry to hear. How long were you using it, & what concentration/brand? Were you trying any other treatments during that time? Also how long did you leave it in before rinsing?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Were you trying any other treatments during that time? Also how long did you leave it in before rinsing?
    I know that question wasn't directed at me, but is 5 minutes ok to be leaving it on the scalp? Also does one wash the entire scalp and hair with it (as I do), or just the balding areas?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Sorry to hear. How long were you using it, & what concentration/brand? Were you trying any other treatments during that time? Also how long did you leave it in before rinsing?
    Wasnt using anything.

First time, was using keto everyday for a month. Was using Revita shampoo. Forelock area became slightly thinner.

Second time this happened was with Niz. Used it twice, and it thinned my right side out a bit.

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but is 5 minutes ok to be leaving it on the scalp? Also does one wash the entire scalp and hair with it (as I do), or just the balding areas?
    5 minutes is what I see on the directions for the rx shampoo. Should be fine. Also I use it on the whole scalp....I guess you could get away w/ only using it on the balding areas but then again an area can be i nearly stages of loss w/o you realizing it

Wasnt using anything.

First time, was using keto everyday for a month. Was using Revita shampoo. Forelock area became slightly thinner.

Second time this happened was with Niz. Used it twice, and it thinned my right side out a bit.
    Yeah every day seems like a lot. Not sure why this would cause long term loss (MPB acceleration) but I think keto is a mild antiandrogen....maybe it is possible your tissue upregulated its andro receptors while you were using the shampoo, so when you quit you were exposed to more DHT than before?

Overkill? You must not have seen some of the routines for other more extreme forum members. I dont think using the big 3 is overkill but yeah you could cut back on niz. I personally dont have as much faith in niz as many others seem to have. Its the weakest link out of big 3 in my opinion, but I am sure someone will cite that study showing keto has the growth properties of rogain. I dont buy it.