+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I once asked a very experienced physician who wanted to work for me how many grafts he had placed. He said, not very many. I then asked how many grafts he had cut. He replied ever fewer. I immediately dismissed him. The reason is simple. The only way you know what a graft should look like is to cut it yourself. The only way you know if the staff is placing well is to place them yourself. A physician can't properly supervise anything if he has no experience doing it. Rather, he is dependent on the experience of the surgery technicians. Lord knows where they learned it because most physicians have placed few grafts and most physicians have cut even fewer grafts. I prefer to hire novice surgery techs rather than experienced ones personally. With experienced technicians, I have to un-train them first and then train them properly. Good technicians are very difficult to find. Bad ones are easy to locate. Bad ones permeate the field of hair transplant surgery.

You should not worry too much. You have a good start to getting hair back. one can always add to it and eliminate the rows. My greatest concern for you is the high proportion of single hair grafts. Have someone that really understands the donor area evaluate you to see if you have larger bundles and a better density than it appears you have. Regardless, you can make progress with this result once it grows out.

ABC123,

I want to just chime in here and let you know that I personally think that in the end your result will be just fine. It won't exactly be super dense and you obviously don't have full coverage but I think that you'll have a nice frame for your face that will give you a big improvement. Don't worry about one side being a bit denser than the other. It's not a massive difference. In fact, your doctor may have intended for this to be the distribution (although he should have discussed this with you). Most guys part their hair from the left side so this is a trick that some docs use to give the hairline along the frontal part stronger density. You've got a lot of scabs on your scalp right now so that also amplifies the issues that Dr. Cole pointed out. I wish you all the best.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I agree with Jotronic. Good points. Weighting grafts on one side is a very old technique. I don't agree with it, but one can easily overcome this with more grafting. Also, I agree with him that this will be a minor issue for you. It's a good start. You just need to finish it up about a year from now.

Thumbs up thank you

Thank you to both of you, much appreciated

Im going to update this on monthly basis with pics, personal plans for me now is to research and go on a few training courses to start performing HT myself on others. Will start this journey in the coming weeks.

Hey man... you're not the same abc123 I know, are you? From another forum?

You don't seem to be but I thought it best to ask anyway - I'm trying to track that dude down

Feel free to message me here or there or whatever - just wanted to get in contact, if so!

You're not the same Hoppi, as THE Hoppi, are you? The guy who thought he "had just cured it" a few years ago?

How is that cure you found working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You're not the same Hoppi, as THE Hoppi, are you? The guy who thought he "had just cured it" a few years ago?

How is that cure you found working for you?
    If you try being more polite I may give you a response

Passive aggressive sarcasm is not very becoming.

Hey, I want to hear about cures too!

Most HT patients are not going to get by with one sole procedure so planning our restoration considering the future changes, meaning further loss, is imperative to say the least.

I had four separate procedures myself and very content that I approached it methodically that way...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin