+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default TeeJay Results - 9 Months Post Op

Here are some random photos of my hair transplant results from Doctor Paul McAndrews of the IAHRS. I had 1600 grafts. These pictures are exactly 9 months post-op. In a few photos I have a little bit of gel in my hair. In other photos my hair is completely dry.

(I also had 800 grafts back in the year 2000 by a non-IAHRS doctor. That was back in the day when I was uneducated in this field. How I wish I could turn back the hands of time!).

This is the best I can do for now with my cell phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TJ-Hair3.jpg

Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	23   Click image for larger version

Name:	TJ-Hair5.jpg

Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	24   Click image for larger version

Name:	TJ-Hair7.jpg

Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	25   Click image for larger version

Name:	TJ-Hair8.jpg

Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	26   Click image for larger version

Name:	TJ-Hair10.jpg

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	27  

Thanks for posting your results Teejay. Do you plan on anymore sessions? Also, are you on Propecia?

Sure, I think it's a good idea.
    Yes, in all likelihood, I plan on another session to get an even thicker density in my top/frontal regions. And I've been on Propecia for about 9 months. That was one of my mistakes along the way -- not getting on Propecia early. But since I've been on it, it seems to have helped me hold on to what I have. When I go see Doc McAndrews for a 1-year post-op visit, I plan to ask him what he sees as a result of me being on Propecia.
    I know you had great results with Propecia, including substantial regrowth. That's awesome.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Sure, I think it's a good idea.
    Yes, in all likelihood, I plan on another session to get an even thicker density in my top/frontal regions. And I've been on Propecia for about 9 months. That was one of my mistakes along the way -- not getting on Propecia early. But since I've been on it, it seems to have helped me hold on to what I have. When I go see Doc McAndrews for a 1-year post-op visit, I plan to ask him what he sees as a result of me being on Propecia.
    I know you had great results with Propecia, including substantial regrowth. That's awesome.
    Yes, if it wasn't for Propecia (~11 years) I 'd be bald! I got on it in 1998 (I think). It saved my hair, no doubt.

Here are some random photos of my hair transplant results from Doctor Paul McAndrews of the IAHRS. I had 1600 grafts. These pictures are exactly 9 months post-op. In a few photos I have a little bit of gel in my hair. In other photos my hair is completely dry.

(I also had 800 grafts back in the year 2000 by a non-IAHRS doctor. That was back in the day when I was uneducated in this field. How I wish I could turn back the hands of time!).

This is the best I can do for now with my cell phone.
    Hi TeeJay73,
    Can you tell me which pics have the gel? The side pics look thicker than the front, but all look VERY natural.

Laserhead, the pictures of me facing the camera are the ones that have gel in my hair. I probably overdid it that nite with too much gel --- bad habit of mine! The side pictures are the ones where my hair is dry. Also, I took these pics with my cell phone which has a very bright flash, so, any exposed scalp is going to be VERY exaggerated. I think that my hair looks better than these pics.

If you're in LA and dealing with hair loss, definitely check out Doctor McAndrews --- he has done me VERY WELL.

TeeJay

Laserhead, the pictures of me facing the camera are the ones that have gel in my hair. I probably overdid it that nite with too much gel --- bad habit of mine! The side pictures are the ones where my hair is dry. Also, I took these pics with my cell phone which has a very bright flash, so, any exposed scalp is going to be VERY exaggerated. I think that my hair looks better than these pics.

If you're in LA and dealing with hair loss, definitely check out Doctor McAndrews --- he has done me VERY WELL.

TeeJay
    Thanks TeeJay73!

I'm still so confused about this whole thing. Does Dr. McAndrews charge for a visit to his office? I know some hair transplant doctors do consultations for free. But then again I guess you get what you pay for. Not with Lasers though, I've spent so much money on this laser crap I would hate to lose more if he can not help me.

Hey Laserhead, you're welcome. And don't be confused. Despite the overwhelming number of lotions and potions out there and the number of unethical surgeons, it boils down quite simply: 1) there are only 2 FDA approved medications to treat hair loss, minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia), and 2) hair transplant surgery is an option, but in my opinion, one should stick only with the IAHRS. I know there's some issue surrounding the lasercomb, but I'm not too up to speed on it, other than hearing that some doctors think its a sham.

And Spencer is incredible in his encyclopedic knowledge of everything "hair loss", so call his show if you have any questions too. It has helped me alot.

Doctor McAndrews did charge me for a consultation when I initially went to see him; it was $100 at the time and it lasted about 1 hour. I'm not certain if prices changed. But the consultation worked very well for me. It felt like I was in class for an hour, learning about hair loss in a honest manner so that I can make an intelligent decision on my own, without any pressure. It was real and authentic. (Prior to seeing Doctor McAndrews I had a consultation, many years ago, at one of the large hair transplant mills, and it was clearly a sales pitch, and no where near as educational as Doctor McAndrews' consultation).

The other cool thing is that when I went back to Doctor McAndrews for my surgery, they deducted the consultation fee from the surgery cost. And it was many, many months before I went back for my surgery.

Are you on Propecia? Great place to start if you aren't and if you see Doctor McAndrews, he's likely going to recommend it to you. I waited too long myself to get on Propecia, but now that I am on it, my hair is stronger and thicker and seems to be holding its ground. Keeping my fingers crossed

Hi Teejay

Have you have you any pre op picturesto compare your newhairline with.

Thanks bm.

Bigmac (and fries) .... I didn't a good job and documenting my before pictures. But when I get back in contact with Doctor McAndrews' office, I'll ask them for copies of my before pics so that I can post them side by side.

TeeJay