+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does PRP really work?

I went to see a doctor about PRP and I am still confused. Does it work...should I try it for $5,000

Quote Originally Posted by nyclife View Post
    I went to see a doctor about PRP and I am still confused. Does it work...should I try it for $5,000
    LOL

5 grand, no way man...it can help in conjunction with other things, but as a stand alone? Forget it

No one should be charging $5,000 for PRP. The authority on the procedure is Dr Greco in Florida and he charges like $800.

i live in new york and he told me it only one treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nyclife View Post
    i live in new york and he told me it only one treatment
    Well if it really is 800$ in Florida you might consider traveling there and taking it there (trip and stay + PRP might be below 5000$). Although I haven't encountered anyone on the forum saying that PRP worked for him. Try asking around more, also try other forums but as far as i know PRP is good for strains and sport injuries, but alas not not hair loss.

Does prp therapy help with destroying scar tissue from a strip scar surgery ?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

$5,000 for PRP treatment is WAY out of line. The treatment may take an hour or two. At Dr. Cole's office we use it because it improves and speeds healing after hair transplant surgery. Often men who have had hair transplant surgery want to be comfortable in public or return to work as soon as possible. A side benefit of PRP is, it does improve the hair shaft diameter of miniaturizing hair due to MPB. The best result I have seen related to hair shaft thickening after PRP treatment comes in at about 75% as impressive as decent Propecia results. See identical twin photos. IMO, stand-alone PRP treatment is for men with a lot of money that want to do everything possible to keep their hair loss at bay. Also a poster here later mentioned that it's a recognized treatment for sports injuries but not for hair growth. Recent legit studies do indicate that PRP IS beneficial to hair growth... HERE

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    $5,000 for PRP treatment is WAY out of line. The treatment may take an hour or two. At Dr. Cole's office we use it because it improves and speeds healing after hair transplant surgery. Often men who have had hair transplant surgery want to be comfortable in public or return to work as soon as possible. A side benefit of PRP is, it does improve the hair shaft diameter of miniaturizing hair due to MPB. The best result I have seen related to hair shaft thickening after PRP treatment comes in at about 75% as impressive as decent Propecia results. See identical twin photos. IMO, stand-alone PRP treatment is for men with a lot of money that want to do everything possible to keep their hair loss at bay. Also a poster here later mentioned that it's a recognized treatment for sports injuries but not for hair growth. Recent legit studies do indicate that PRP IS beneficial to hair growth... HERE

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    So how much does Cole charge? Frankly said anything over $1000 is a huge joke already. I could do it relatively easy, and anyone could actually. All you pretty much need is a centrifuge.

@OP definitely not worth it imo it is minor beneficial at most, however if you don't care about the money you could try it. But 5 grand is a HUGE joke, search someone else.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend a month for hairloss treatment. $50? $100? $150?? Personally if I can maintain for $100 a month I'd be game.

1-2 hours a procedure? 4-6 guys get together to make a day off PRP injections maybe we could get a better rate? You know bulk purchase?

Does prp therapy help in breaking down scar tissue ? Or is that accell ? Has anyone tried injecting into a strip scar directly ?