Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VA1985
    • Dec 2013

Colorado Hair Institute - Procedure Scheduled Mid-February

Hi everyone - long-time follower, first-time poster here.

I'm scheduled for HT at Colorado Hair Institute in mid-February and wanted some general/specific feedback if you have any; specifically, considering:

- Quoted $5,500 for 3,000 grafts (includes $500 travel discount);
    - Does anyone know if the 'Triophytic Closure' technique yields noticeably less scarring than other methods? I'll be returning to work within a few days of the procedure and while I'm expecting noticeable scarring/sutures at the beginning I wear my hair short (typically no guard or a #1 guard on the side/back) and was told the hair grows through the scar and makes it so that it's not noticeable once it heals. Thought?
    - I'd like to avoid having the scar on the back of my head - does anyone know if it's possible to have the donor area extracted from the side or towards the back but maybe with a 'curve' moving upwards to make it look more natural/ less obvious that it's an HT scar?

I've booked my flight and scheduled the procedure - any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

3000 grafts for $5500?! Damn that is a good deal! Who's the doc doing the transplant?

Comment

• VA1985
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
      3000 grafts for $5500?! Damn that is a good deal! Who's the doc doing the transplant?
      I think they may have several doctors but I believe the medical director is Dr Searle. I'm not sure who will be performing the procedure but my understanding is that the Dr extracts the donor strip while technicians harvest and implant the grafts. I was told the procedure would last around 9 hours with a follow-up appointment the next day.

Comment

• chicago99
        • Dec 2011

I'm sorry to say you will have a noticeable scar. There is no doc in the world that can do a strip procedure where a scar is not noticeable with a 1 guard. If I were you, I would only consider fue. Even with fue, you may not be able to wear your hair at a 1 guard. If you choose fue, see a doc who has tons of fue experience, prefereably one that only does fue

Comment

• VA1985
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by chicago99
          I'm sorry to say you will have a noticeable scar. There is no doc in the world that can do a strip procedure where a scar is not noticeable with a 1 guard. If I were you, I would only consider fue. Even with fue, you may not be able to wear your hair at a 1 guard. If you choose fue, see a doc who has tons of fue experience, prefereably one that only does fue
          Does anyone know if this holds true for triophytic closure as well?

Comment

• olt327
            • Apr 2013

Just curious, since I was looking into Colorado Hair Institute and live out of state--how do they figure out how many grafts you need/can have if you're far away? Or do you have to take a trip out there for a consultation?

Comment

• VA1985
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by olt327
              Just curious, since I was looking into Colorado Hair Institute and live out of state--how do they figure out how many grafts you need/can have if you're far away? Or do you have to take a trip out there for a consultation?
              I actually emailed them 4 pictures - each from differing angles (if you get the free consultation with hair club or bosley they give you a copy of the pictures to keep otherwise CHI should let you know if they're good enough to use). I'm coming from VA so travel for the consultation was kind of out of the question. The 3,000+ that I was quoted was what Bosley had said.

I just wish I was a good candidate for FUE or that I knew how the triophytic scar is going to look when completed. I really don't want to come back to work looking like Frankenstein and hope it's non-noticeable after recovery as advertised.

Comment

Working...