+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb "Miracle hair" anyone???

Has anyone heard of the product "Miracle Hair?" It seems like it's exactly what I am looking for, but you could never be too sure, especially after pretty much trying every product known to man. After reading several posts on this site, it’s reassuring to know I am not the only one with these feelings and struggles of losing my hair. I have been losing my hair since I was in my late 20’s and now in my early 40’s, I have come to terms with the fact that I am losing my hair and will not be getting it back any time soon (only took 24 years to realize this.) I was looking for a product that will not necessarily cure me but more like mask the problem. I have been referred by a friend to try Miracle Hair, and I'm not going to lie, I am now very intrigued after hearing what he had to say--he pretty much swears by it. I am just looking for some more feedback before I make my final purchase. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this product and could give me some information or further knowledge and input on their experience.

B

Its snake oil.

The only effective treatments are the big 3:

Finasteride
    Minoxidil
    Nizoral

Anything else is snake oil.

"MIRACLE hair"...you know its a snake oil only by his name.

I see, but I am looking for more of a cover up than anything--nothing to really cure my hair loss. I have looked into some of their competitors like "caboki" and they both got similar reviews but Miracle hair is less expensive

B

Okay, so it's a concelaer? I've tried Dermmatch and thought it was pretty good, but haven't heard of miracle hair. Check out the reviews on amazon.com.

Yes it is a concealer, I did check out the reviews, and I also checked out their site. seems pretty good but was just curious if anyone on here has tried it. I do a lot of public speaking for my job and it seems like its exactly what I am looking for to make it appear that I have a full head of hair when I am speaking on stage

B

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Its snake oil.

The only effective treatments are the big 3:

Finasteride
    Minoxidil
    Nizoral

Anything else is snake oil.
    +1

OP, this is true, stick to the "big 3" - fin, min and nizoral. I see you're a new member, and probably still a bit lacking in knowledge regarding what it is you have to do to maintain what you have, but also most importantly - to prevent further loss, so stick to these forums whenever you need basal knowledge on treatments.

This is pretty much a safe, reviewed and moderated zone populated by fellow hair loss sufferers who are not only going through what you are going through, but can also provide you with advice whether it be through external academic journal entries to verify a point, but even more so from personal experience. Keeping that in mind, you should be happy to know you're in a fairly safe place when it comes to learning about hair loss.

OP, stick to this place and ask any questions you feel necessary..........you will get genuine feedback or advice. However, please understand that when it comes to hair loss, that there are so many charlatans and snake oil salesmen preying on your wallet, but most particulary - your insecurities, that they will do all they can to get their fangs into you and your wallet, only to result in zero gain and more pain for you.

I was in the exact same position as you a mere year ago............trying all sorts of BS shampoos, remedies.......and even Low Level Laser Therapy .........and would probably have wasted half the money in back account, and all for nothing. That is the reason, now that I feel firmly established amongst this community, I feel not only more knowledgeable about the subject, but I cannot express enough my gratitude toward forums like this and it's members for steering me clear of so many scams and snake oil scams.

As others have suggested, stick to the Big 3 - Fin, Min and Nizoral - and see how you get on. Once again OP, I was in the exact same position as you last year...........frustrated and lost in a sea of snake oil salesmen who take advantage of folks like us, but a year later and with help and better education into both the causes and treatments regarding hair loss, I am such a better position.

Given that I am a relatively new incomer here in comparison to others and have only recently began to experience the methods of genuine hair maintenance and restoration, I would be more happy than happy to offer you assistance, not least as a mere ago I was in the same frustrating position as you - and just like you would have given in to nonsense such as "miracle cure", LLLT, natural this and natural that BS.................when they done next to nothing.

Give the Big 3 and see what they do for you, and all the best in your potential success. Remember, the hair loss industry is rive with snake oil BS, and is pretty much (in comparison to other medical fields) a fairly un-regulated enterprise whereby any idiot can claim to have the "miracle cure". Stay safe OP, and stick with your fellow sufferers...........don't go anywhere near the wolves. Best of luck in your future struggle against hair loss and all it's psychological implications.

DAV7,
    I appreciate your feedback. I love this site and I have already learned so much in this struggle thus far with hair loss. The big 3 is something I need to look into, so are there any products that have the big 3 in them that you recommend? and like I mentioned in previous posts, I am looking for a concealer for the meantime until I figure out the best solution for me. I went ahead and ordered the Miracle Hair product so I will let you know if it works so we can pass that on for anyone who also might be looking for a temporary cover up.

B

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Okay, so it's a concelaer? I've tried Dermmatch and thought it was pretty good, but haven't heard of miracle hair. Check out the reviews on amazon.com.
    Nanogen is one of the better concealers. It looks more natural on some men's heads than others though. On me for instance, it looks like I crushed a big stick of chalk with a hammer and sprinkled the powder on my head. Others have complained that the black looks like crushed charcoal briquette powder on their head. A glossy hair spray seems to help.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by brianb619 View Post
    DAV7,
    I appreciate your feedback. I love this site and I have already learned so much in this struggle thus far with hair loss. The big 3 is something I need to look into, so are there any products that have the big 3 in them that you recommend? and like I mentioned in previous posts, I am looking for a concealer for the meantime until I figure out the best solution for me. I went ahead and ordered the Miracle Hair product so I will let you know if it works so we can pass that on for anyone who also might be looking for a temporary cover up.

B
    Seconded 35YrsAfter regarding Nanogen, a very good concealer. Just make sure to get the whole kit including the spray, or locking mist. The dust on it's own is useless effectively. Also it works better on areas where there is still hair, unfortunately not so much on bald patches. Still great though for thickening up the hair temporarily.

However it's just a concealer and certainly not a substitute for finasteride, hair transplant's etc. It's a good temporary fix and confidence booster nonetheless.