+ Reply to Thread

Default High DHT levels- question

I have been doing testosterone injections for 6 months. I am 48 and worried about hair loss. My hair is pretty good and i want to keep it that way. However, with 100 mgs per week my DHT levels were 92 on day 7 after injection, range is 25-70. So mine were high, also, i woukd imagine dht was much higher the day after injection. Are having high dht a sure ticket to hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by lexer View Post
    I have been doing testosterone injections for 6 months. I am 48 and worried about hair loss. My hair is pretty good and i want to keep it that way. However, with 100 mgs per week my DHT levels were 92 on day 7 after injection, range is 25-70. So mine were high, also, i woukd imagine dht was much higher the day after injection. Are having high dht a sure ticket to hair loss?
    All depends on your follicles sensitivity to DHT. Do you have any hairloss or any family history of hairloss? If you notice your hair declining considering hoping on finasteride, even a low dose would probably help you.

Do you know what your DHT levels were prior to doing test injections?

Prior to using injections, my dht was 35 towards the low end then again total T was in low 300's.
    I thought i read somewhere that said if you are not meant to lose hair, all the dht in the world wont cause hair loss.. Any truth to that?
    I am thinking propecia also because my prostate is a tad enlarged and i have some inflammation which sucks..
    My prostate is not big, just slightly enlarged which i guess starts in your 40's.

It's simple as this, my brother is a NWO, so is my dad and grandad. My brother is into bodybuilding like me, but he uses steroids I dont. I'm sure his DHT levels have risen as my cousins uses them with him. But my cousin has the baldness gene like me from mums side of the family. Anyways my brother still has full hair even after steroid use like he's wearing a wig very thick. But on the other hand my cousin is now losing hair, because he has the gene.

Its always been sensitivity to androgens. Balding men might have hair that has many more receptors then normal so androgens greatly affect their hair kick starting the process gradually over time. Its never been androgen levels that cause MPB its all about how they interact with the hair to cause the process while in normal men that never happens. Why does body hair react oppositely with androgens then head hair? I mean we still largely dont know or at least I dont.