+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Another concern I have now is.. What if the doctor won't prescribe it for some reason or another?

I currently don't have insurance and wont be getting it for another month or two due to some office mumbo jumbo at work. I'd hate to go in and pay for a visit only to be told something like "Oh I don't prescribe that because xyz yada yada.". I'd be pissed.

I could technically wait until my insurance gets kicked in and all.... but I don't want my hair to keep falling out and dying.

I've been trying to find local doctors online that prescribe it, like a list or something but having no luck so far.

Wishing I still had my old practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Yes you are looking at the right stuff. If you want to save even more money then do what I do. By Fincar(5mg finasteride) and cut into fourths. It is very easy to do with a pill cutter which will run you about $1. I would say the stuff works. I just updated my introductory thread and included my latest pics.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. Keep them coming.
    I just noticed something. There are two sites that pop up when I look for Inhouse, InhousePharmacy and InhouseDrugstore.... which one is it that you use?

I'm in the states and i get my proscar from a pharmacy. I went to my dermatologist. Had to wait for 2 months to get in. If I was you send some photos to a HT surgeon and get a quote on grafts etc. Maybe even visit. Emailing photos might be the fastest way to get a prescription.

I cut the proscar in to 4s with a pill cutter. I started out taking it twice a week for a few weeks then slowly increasing the amount I take per week. In 2 months I was taking it everyday. I now cut the pill in 5ths.

I use nizoral 3 times a week.I always use a conditioner. Minox twice a day.

I've held ground an even regrown some. Wish I started earlier but never none about it.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    Do most men actually experience some forms of these sexual side effects?.
    I don't feel that I've experienced any sides from Fin, but on the other hand, I don't think the drug is actually working for me. My hair is worse off now than it was before taking it. Maybe the percentage of guys who will experience the side effects are higher for the ones who it actually works for.