X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manofsteel
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
    Google "inhouse", I get my stuff there.
    I notice they have an item there called "Finpecia 1mg (Finasteride) by Cipla in Goa". Is this the stuff? If so the price doesn't seem bad at all.

I do plan on documenting everything very carefully. Pictures and all. I suppose the idea would be to try it a year and then proceed with a HT if necessary just to evaluate everything.

Originally posted by Hicks
    Haha, maybe with yourself?

People come to the internet with problems. I've been on fin for 13 months no sides
    Fair enough! Bad news always travels faster and further than good news.

How have your results been? Do you purchase yours from a pharmacy or online (if I may ask)?

Sorry about so many questions here. I'm just hungry for as much information as I can grab before I take the plunge.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by manofsteel
      I notice they have an item there called "Finpecia 1mg (Finasteride) by Cipla in Goa". Is this the stuff? If so the price doesn't seem bad at all.

How have your results been? Do you purchase yours from a pharmacy or online (if I may ask)?

Sorry about so many questions here. I'm just hungry for as much information as I can grab before I take the plunge.
      Yes you are looking at the right stuff. If you want to save even more money then do what I do. By Fincar(5mg finasteride) and cut into fourths. It is very easy to do with a pill cutter which will run you about $1. I would say the stuff works. I just updated my introductory thread and included my latest pics.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. Keep them coming.

Comment

• manofsteel
        • Jan 2014

Yes you are looking at the right stuff. If you want to save even more money then do what I do. By Fincar(5mg finasteride) and cut into fourths. It is very easy to do with a pill cutter which will run you about $1. I would say the stuff works. I just updated my introductory thread and included my latest pics.

Actually that does raise another question. It seems like most people that I have read about are doing 1mg daily, but then they have the 5mg out there. I was originally under the impression that Propecia is 5mg of fin. Are there people actually taking 5mgs?

And a thing about minoxidil, I tried it for about six months over last spring and summer and never really noticed it helping any. Plus it didn't really go well with my lifestyle and was a pita to try and put on with the longish hair I had at the time (And honestly I'd like to grow it out again if I can get all this shedding reversed). I notice a lot of people saying their results are best when mixing the two though. It makes sense, but if I can avoid minoxidil I'd really like to. How essential do you guys think mino is in a routine?

Also, what about supplementing with things like zinc, biotin and saw palmetto? Do you guys place any value on that? I have been using the lipogain big3 shampoo as of late, don't know if it helps much but it smells amazing and makes my head feel pretty good after using it...

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Actually that does raise another question. It seems like most people that I have read about are doing 1mg daily, but then they have the 5mg out there. I was originally under the impression that Propecia is 5mg of fin. Are there people actually taking 5mgs?

And a thing about minoxidil, I tried it for about six months over last spring and summer and never really noticed it helping any. Plus it didn't really go well with my lifestyle and was a pita to try and put on with the longish hair I had at the time (And honestly I'd like to grow it out again if I can get all this shedding reversed). I notice a lot of people saying their results are best when mixing the two though. It makes sense, but if I can avoid minoxidil I'd really like to. How essential do you guys think mino is in a routine?

Also, what about supplementing with things like zinc, biotin and saw palmetto? Do you guys place any value on that? I have been using the lipogain big3 shampoo as of late, don't know if it helps much but it smells amazing and makes my head feel pretty good after using it...
          Propecia is actually 1mg of fin. Are there people taking 5mg? I am sure there is, but most people take 1mg or 1.25mg if you are cutting 5mg pills into fourths.

I use minoxidil, but I started way late in the game. I am 37 now, but started losing in my early 20's. So I am just throwing everything I can to stop hair loss and regrow. If I was in the beginning stages of hair loss, I would just use fin. I have heard people say that fin stops hair loss, but minox promotes hair growth. Take that for what it's worth.

I don't have any experience with zinc. I use biotin to grow my hair faster, but it wont do anything to stop hair loss. I used saw palmetto in my first attempt years ago to stop my hair loss. It is a waste of time.

I have no experience with lipogain shampoo. I don't how much you spend for that, but if it is more than $15, just go with nizoral.

Comment

• manofsteel
            • Jan 2014

Propecia is actually 1mg of fin. Are there people taking 5mg? I am sure there is, but most people take 1mg or 1.25mg if you are cutting 5mg pills into fourths.

I use minoxidil, but I started way late in the game. I am 37 now, but started losing in my early 20's. So I am just throwing everything I can to stop hair loss and regrow. If I was in the beginning stages of hair loss, I would just use fin. I have heard people say that fin stops hair loss, but minox promotes hair growth. Take that for what it's worth.

I don't have any experience with zinc. I use biotin to grow my hair faster, but it wont do anything to stop hair loss. I used saw palmetto in my first attempt years ago to stop my hair loss. It is a waste of time.

I have no experience with lipogain shampoo. I don't how much you spend for that, but if it is more than $15, just go with nizoral.
            Yea, the shampoo is 25 plus the tax and shipping D: I'll look into nizoral when I'm ready to buy again, thanks for that.

Right now I've got a bald spot on the crown and major thinning branching out from there. It's been slowly growing since I was 23 and I'm 29 now. I really consider myself lucky because it could be way worse. If I can stop it now I think I could probably get a full head for less than 2000 grafts, but fingers crossed the fin will help me regrow enough where I can style it and wear it long without surgery or minoxidil.. I can only cross my fingers and hope.

I looked at the pics you uploaded on your intro page. I gotta say, wow. Those are some impressive results.

I also just want to take a few letters and say thanks to everyone helping me out on here. This is a tough battle and its good to know there are things we can do other than just picking up a bic and saying ef-et.

Comment

• manofsteel
              • Jan 2014

Another concern I have now is.. What if the doctor won't prescribe it for some reason or another?

I currently don't have insurance and wont be getting it for another month or two due to some office mumbo jumbo at work. I'd hate to go in and pay for a visit only to be told something like "Oh I don't prescribe that because xyz yada yada.". I'd be pissed.

I could technically wait until my insurance gets kicked in and all.... but I don't want my hair to keep falling out and dying.

I've been trying to find local doctors online that prescribe it, like a list or something but having no luck so far.

Wishing I still had my old practitioner

Comment

• manofsteel
                • Jan 2014

I just noticed something. There are two sites that pop up when I look for Inhouse, InhousePharmacy and InhouseDrugstore.... which one is it that you use?

Comment

• Hicks
                  • Apr 2013

I'm in the states and i get my proscar from a pharmacy. I went to my dermatologist. Had to wait for 2 months to get in. If I was you send some photos to a HT surgeon and get a quote on grafts etc. Maybe even visit. Emailing photos might be the fastest way to get a prescription.

I cut the proscar in to 4s with a pill cutter. I started out taking it twice a week for a few weeks then slowly increasing the amount I take per week. In 2 months I was taking it everyday. I now cut the pill in 5ths.

I use nizoral 3 times a week.I always use a conditioner. Minox twice a day.

I've held ground an even regrown some. Wish I started earlier but never none about it.

Comment

• Buster
                    • Jul 2012

Do most men actually experience some forms of these sexual side effects?.
                    I don't feel that I've experienced any sides from Fin, but on the other hand, I don't think the drug is actually working for me. My hair is worse off now than it was before taking it. Maybe the percentage of guys who will experience the side effects are higher for the ones who it actually works for.

Comment

Working...