X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henkeh91
    • Apr 2013

Finasteride questions [22 years old]

Hello guys!

I´ve been using finasteride for about 8-9 months when my hair loss really accelerated badly. The thing is that I got alot of new vellus hair all over my scalp that is way thinner than my terminal hair (ofc).

I´ve been losing my hair for about 5 years and went from NW2/3 to a NW4/5 in a year.

My current regimen:

- Minoxidil 1x/dag (went from 2x/day to 1x/day cause of itch and bad scalp)
    - Finasteride ~0,5-1mg/day
    - MSM
    - Hair supplement 3-5 caps/day (Biotin, L-lysin, niacin etc.)

What do you guys think, is it possible to regaine some of the hair if I keep with my regimen or atleast turn some of the vellus hair into terminal?
  • Affect
    • Jun 2013

Just give it time, I got Vellus hair around month 2-3, and it wasn't until recently it started to grow more, I'm into month 6 at the moment, have no clue how much thicker it will get but give it time, all there is to it. If you do the "big 3 " or some of them at least it isn't much else to do but give it time.

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Try to get DHT bloodtests to make sure fin is doing its job

Comment

• Henkeh91
        • Apr 2013

Thanks for the anwer guys!

I´m going to keep with my regimen atleast a year from now. But the problem is that my libido is lower since pre-finasteride but it might aswell be mental (depression now and then)

I´m going to talk with mine local health center regarding "DHT bloodtest"

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Henkeh91
          Thanks for the anwer guys!

I´m going to keep with my regimen atleast a year from now. But the problem is that my libido is lower since pre-finasteride but it might aswell be mental (depression now and then)

I´m going to talk with mine local health center regarding "DHT bloodtest"
          Good plan bro.

Your doctor/clinic may not want to give you the test. Sometimes DHT is considered a specialized test for those with prostate issues. If they refuse at first tell them you are on finasteride and experiencing adverse effects!

Comment

Working...