+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thanks so much for the reply Lee. You've put my mind at rest. All booked in so I hope I have as successful transplant as yourself.
    All the best,
    Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by dean200180 View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply Lee. You've put my mind at rest. All booked in so I hope I have as successful transplant as yourself.
    All the best,
    Dean.
    I found this as I'm booked in for FUT with Dr Krishnan in January(and getting understandably apprehensive). How are you getting on?

Hi DEllis,

Sorry for the late response. Whole experience has been positive so far.

On the day of procedure I met straight away with Dr Krishnan and we discussed and mapped out the hair line. Then I went to the surgery room which was a little smaller than expected but was made to feel comfortable and given the TV remote to watch Netflix. They examined the back of my hair for the density of the follicles and then I was injected with the anesthetic to numb the area. Then Dr Krishnan cut the strip and sewed me back up. All over in about 15 minutes. His team went to work on the grafts while Dr Krishnan made the incisions.
    We then had a break for lunch which was a very dry ham sandwich which was brought to me in the surgery room. Probably the worst part of the day as I didn't have an appetite and was keen to get the procedure done.

After about 45 minutes his team of 3 people started inserting the grafts, each one asking another team member for 1's, 2's 3's and 4's. This was relating to the number of hairs per graft as they were working their way from front hairline backwards. I am thinning through the centre but they were only able to put a few in the spaces available as current hair follicles still existed and by putting new follicles there, they could damage the existing ones, thus having a negative effect.

Dr Krishnan was working on another patient in another room on the afternoon while his team were inserting the grafts. He came in 2 or 3 times to see how they were getting on.

At the end of the process Dr Krishnan came back in to see the final result and he seemed happy. I was a little unsure on the hair line as it appeared to be slightly less on the right side so Dr Krishnan made a few more incisions and inserted a few more grafts that were left over.
    The whole process lasted from 7am until 5:30pm when I left. I had approx 2250 grafts.

I went back the following day for a hair wash. First 3 - 4 nights i slept upright in bed with a travel pillow. Swelling was pretty bad all over my face. I can't remember the time scale of the swelling but whatever there guidelines are for it, it was bang on. As soon as it peaked on the day they said it would, it started to go down and was more or less gone within 3 - 4 days. It was pretty bad though so expect this especially if you are having hairs put in across the hairline.

I used the solution spray provided every hour on the grafts and the scabs dried. I did notice a lot of dry skin flakes in my hair which was quite annoying. Once I could touch the grafts after 5 days and gently washed these out with shampoo.
    I was off work for a week and wore a hat for the first week back.

The grafts all fell out after about 4 weeks. I am now 16 weeks post op. Grafts started appearing sparsely around 12 weeks and for the past 2 weeks it seems they have really kicked in. Still a long way to go and a lot still to show signs of growing but what is there is definitely a positive sign. I'm due to go back at 6 months for a follow up chat to see how I'm getting on. Not sure if they will contact me or I have to contact them. I've not been in touch since I contacted them about the dry skin which they said was normal.

All in all I'm glad I went to Zeiring. I took me 5 years to build up the courage to do it but I have no regrets.

Best of luck with your procedure. Let us know how your experience goes.

Merry Christmas!

Dean.

It turns out that I don't get notifications, so sorry for not replying sooner.

Thank you for the detailed description, I really appreciate it. I'll report back on how I get on.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

David

DEllis how did your procedure go? i have just booked FUE 2500 graft with Dr Krishnan in April. Its took me a few years to get the confidence to go for this and a whole lot of research. Im really curious to hear about your experience and see how it all went?

Quote Originally Posted by adam5189 View Post
    DEllis how did your procedure go? i have just booked FUE 2500 graft with Dr Krishnan in April. Its took me a few years to get the confidence to go for this and a whole lot of research. Im really curious to hear about your experience and see how it all went?
    Hey, adam5189! I was going to post a little further down the road, as its very early days, but I must say the experience so far has been pretty good.

I had my FUT last Thursday 10th Jan, so as of writing this, its not even been a week - meaning I'm still very much in the early recovery period and still a bit sore on my donor area and my face is still a bit swollen. However, the day of the procedure went really well and I was made to feel very comfortable by Dr Krishnan and his team who really know their stuff.

To be honest, most of my experience mirrors that of Dean who detailed it brilliantly above (Thanks again Dean!) so I'm not sure I can add a whole lot more at this stage. I know you're going for FUE which is obviously a bit different, but I think you'll be in good hands.

The worst parts for me were the injections (after that it was painless) and a lack of proper sleep the first night. Nothing so far has been really that bad though.
    As Dean said above, the swelling can be pretty severe, but its only temporary, and a small price to pay, I reckon!

Hope your procedure goes well, and let us know here!

Oh and make sure you get a travel pillow - its a godsend!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DEllis View Post
    Hey, adam5189! I was going to post a little further down the road, as its very early days, but I must say the experience so far has been pretty good.

I had my FUT last Thursday 10th Jan, so as of writing this, its not even been a week - meaning I'm still very much in the early recovery period and still a bit sore on my donor area and my face is still a bit swollen. However, the day of the procedure went really well and I was made to feel very comfortable by Dr Krishnan and his team who really know their stuff.

To be honest, most of my experience mirrors that of Dean who detailed it brilliantly above (Thanks again Dean!) so I'm not sure I can add a whole lot more at this stage. I know you're going for FUE which is obviously a bit different, but I think you'll be in good hands.

The worst parts for me were the injections (after that it was painless) and a lack of proper sleep the first night. Nothing so far has been really that bad though.
    As Dean said above, the swelling can be pretty severe, but its only temporary, and a small price to pay, I reckon!

Hope your procedure goes well, and let us know here!

Oh and make sure you get a travel pillow - its a godsend!

David
    I’ve also just had a hair transplant with Dr Krishnan the day after you funnily enough on the 11th! Had 2,000 grafts using FUE put into my crown. Overall experience was great. Only painful part was the anaesthetic injections but after that you don’t really feel anything. Haven’t noticed any swelling, not sure if it because I only had grafts in my crown and not my hairline. Now it’s just playing the waiting game! Also, like David said, a travel pillow comes in very handy

Cheers fellas, your responses are much appreciate puts my mind at ease. i hope you both get the results you hoped for! If either of you have any photos you dont mind sharing please feel free to contact me on a.gardner89@icloud.com

Hello all - I’m looking at PRP....

Thought I’d come back here first, but may start a separate thread (what would you recommend)?

I’m kinda 6 years down the line from my FUT with Dr Krishnan at Ziering and have absolutely no regrets... that said I’m also 6 years older and have noticed my crown (whilst strategically covered with the way i brush my hair) is sparse and my hair line is thinking additionally as my job has changed, I’m now more conscious of the FUT scare at the back of my head.

I’m taking the steps of a PRP course and wanted to know if your would be interested in me documenting the journey? Happy to share the real process, unfiltered pictures etc. If that would help? I’m very conscious that when i joined the forum 8 years ago... we had limited real world information on UK surgeons and this thread seems to have helped some of you.

Let me know your thoughts.

I’d be really interested in it. I’ve been thinking about a second procedure specifically for my crown, as Dr Krishnan suggested that the focus should be on the hair line when I had my transplant. I know absolutely nothing about prp.