+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Hi Leemanual. Just to let you know I've been reading your thread on Dr Krishnan, and it appears it's the only major thread of discussion (on the Internet) I can find on his work. Thank you so much for documenting your journey from as far back as 2012, and also thank you for coming back on here yesterday, it's nice to know the thread is still alive after 8 years. Your commitment to the cause is greatly appreciated.

Regarding the PRP, I think it's a great idea to document it. I'd like to see how it progresses for you!

I also have some questions if I may:
    1) Did you place all of your 2750 grafts for the frontal hairline 1/3 with Dr Krishnan?
    2) If so, did you feel his graft number recommendation of 2250 frontal and 500 Crown was too conservative?
    3) I recently had a consultation with Dr Krishnan at the Hillside Hair Clinic in Nottingham (where it seems he moved to from Zeiring?) and he suggested 2000 grafts for my frontal 1/3. I've contacted around 50 of the world's top doctors and the general consensus has been 2000 to 4000 for the frontal third. He wasn't happy when I suggested increasing the graft number to 2500, which is fair because he said I didn't need it.
    4) What did Dr Krishnan say your max number of donor grafts available were before you had the surgery?
    5) Can you let us know how you chose Dr. Krishnan, over other doctors, such as Dr. Lupanzula, Dr. Erdogan etc.?
    6) Do you feel the hairline design made by Dr. Krishnan has that artistic edge? I know this is subjective, but essentially I mean, do you like the design, can you style it well, do the hairs follow the natural angles of the surrounding hair?

As I mentioned, I really appreciate how far this thread spans on your case and his work. Some people have said they've been a patient of his, however not with many before/after pictures. In fact, unfortunately, I have desperately struggled to find more than a handful of high-definition, in-focus before/after pictures of his work (not just under a clinic brand). I know he is a very qualified and very capable surgeon. My concern is that we only get one shot at this. So I'm torn on picking between Dr. Lupanzula (who thrives on transparency of his work online) and Dr. Krishnan.

Apologies if I've said anything out of place, I'm not 100percent on the rules of posting on here, but most of the above is anecdotal and I have met with Dr. Krishnan.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to this, looking forward to hearing from others!

FYI, I'm 31yo, male, NW4-ish, thin straight hair type.

Hi there

Honestly i was in your position - such little info out there and all of the after photos on line are well positioned and not raw and honest.

I chose Ziering to start with as i did some research and was then comfy with Steve who was the sales rep guy. for me Dr Krishnan had decent on line comments (but nothing detailed). But when i met with him again i was impressed by his honesty:

1, he spoke to me about my concern areas (crown and hairline for me) and was honest about what i could expect for my budget.
    2, he was the one who suggested more at the hairline, but was keen to keep an age appropriate hairline lol and a smaller number at the crown
    3, I don’t recall the actual numbers but do recall Dr Krishnan saying he had harvested what he expected so guessing that’s the 2750

But yes the hairline being natural really was one of his main focus areas - i was very much “just pack them in please”. But he was very realistic and now as I’m in my 40’s its really something that i look back on and appreciate his honesty and guidance on.

Here is the hairline now.

Hope that helps - I’m going for my first PRP on the 12 April (first date we re open again in the UK). So will start a post in the PRP section and again will be a very honest thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63D773F3-7255-4E59-BE17-F6ECB07F3740.jpg

Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	70331  

Hi all - I’ve now started my PRP journey on the following thread.
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...168#post284168

Pro session 1 completed, I’ve posted some images in the prp thread
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...168#post284168