+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemeakipper View Post
    I'm looking at fue. Approx 2500 to the front third. I'll have to be shaved, but I like to think that because I do still have some hair in that area, that even after 3 or 4 weeks post op there should be some native hair regrowth to help conceal any redness etc.

In an ideal world I'd take 6 to 8 weeks off work and do some travelling after the op has healed. Then I've got an excuse for me off etc, plus that amount of time off allows for any issues such as been red longer than normal.

Otherwise, I can get 3 weeks off if I planned it but I just don't think this would be long enough. At least not long enough to make me feel confident doing it.

I read lots of people saying that there's no signs of the op after 2 or 3 weeks, but in reality the photos I've seen on here people are needing up to two months before all signs have gone.

I'll be interested to see how you get on

Cheers

I'm 2.5 months post surgery with Dr Krishnan - the front has settled down, but I'd say allow a good couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by leemanuel View Post
    I'm 2.5 months post surgery with Dr Krishnan - the front has settled down, but I'd say allow a good couple of months
    Does it really take long? How long before you could disguise any work leemanuel? Or last it literally taken until this point?

The unshaven fue method would be ideal but I can only find one place in the uk that does it. It's a unknown female Dr with little post op evidence.

I feel Dr Bisanga seems a good bet for me at the moment

Does it really take long? How long before you could disguise any work leemanuel? Or last it literally taken until this point?

I swelled pretty bad, so it was kinda obvious for the first month, then it was just very red and sore looking on top.

I had FUT so when I have my head shaved down short it's very obvious, but I'm sure the scar will fade over the years.

Hi scruff,
    I got your update on the old thread. Congratulations, I can imagine it's a massive relief who've had it done.

So how are you as of today? Have you managed to keep it quiet from everyone at work on a whole?

It looks amazing so far on your last photo, no signs of surgery at all.

I've not progressed since seeing Dr Bisanga in May. Still in the worrying phase about the recovery time.

All the best, well done
    For me personally I used to be a compulsive worrier! I used to worry if I had nothing to worry about! So I know exactly where you are coming from!

Although genuinely, once I'd had it done the worrying just went and turned into excitement that I'd finally done it. Up until day 7-8 when you have the scabs you think there's no way I can go back to work but on day 8+ it just got better and better.

The best advice I could give is get your hair cut shorter and shorter each time at the barbers over several sittings and when you need to cut the sides short for surgery after 2 weeks off work it's was a good grade 2 / 2.5 so it doesn't look drastic at all.

One thing I've realised is nobody pays as much attention to your head as much as yourself. Before going back to work I tried to think of several colleagues hairlines and if they were receding or thinning in certain areas and I couldn't. So flip it around & think after 2/3 weeks off work they would remember your hairline

Just over 3 weeks post op now and I've been shedding since Monday. These forums are awesome as for an absolute novice I'd have been calling up the clinic saying its all gone wrong as I'm getting loads of small hairs falling out! But thanks of the research i know it's all good!

I was actually quiet happy that they were falling out (as much as I'll miss the thicker head of hair appearance) as I know it's the next stage in the process and I'm one step closer to getting them back!

The redness definitely peeps through more as I shed more, although not one person has commented at work, and I work with about 300 people so it's not horrendous. It just looks a bit sunburnt but it's only red under harsh lighting.

I'll post some pics the weekend but there probably won't be anything else to report on for a little while now.

We'll guys I've hit the three month stage

Crap bit - I look no different other than a scar around the back of my head
    I'm sure it's a waiting game, was noticing improvement, but I've shreds a fair bit now so it looks same as pre op.

I need to check my paperwork for when Zeiring need to seem my progress, am sure it's coming up.

But disillusioned at this stage :-/

Strangely enough I've just been reading Spex's post about his recent HT & a video on his site refers to post op waiting times. Definitely worth a watch if your struggling with the growth rate!

I've shed a bit and only 3 weeks out. I think the regaine has sped it up actually as that would make my 'normal' hair shed at the best of times!

I'm sure it's a waiting game, was noticing improvement, but I've shreds a fair bit now so it looks same as pre op.

I need to check my paperwork for when Zeiring need to seem my progress, am sure it's coming up.

Have you phoned ziering to ask if that's normail, in sure at three months you were supposed to see early signs of growth! I think my follow ups were 5/9/12 Months!

How are you healing wise at 3 months? Is anything noticeable or are you just back to how you looked pre-op? Apart from the scar