+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Hi

Well I'm happy redness has pretty much all gone - a week after my last pic (shaved no 1 at the back) scar isn't visible - so I know my length to hide the scar.

I'm noticing a faint hairline coming so it's all looking good at only 9 weeks.

All the best for tomorrow Joely! Be good to hear from you in a few days when it all settles down to hear how your got along!

I know pictures can be deceiving but I couldn't notice a lot of redness in your last picture. I've accepted that I'll be going back to work with a sunburnt looking red head but I'll be applying aloe Vera like there's no tomorrow to get the best possible result!

Can't believe it's been 9 weeks it's flown!

Right Gents,

Im back home now from a very draining two days, I will post pictures tomorrow and tell the whole story but im pretty knackered now and just gonna go to bed, What I will say is it was a very positive experience DR Krishnan and his team genuinely do care about you and what they re doing.

Leemanuel very impressive that you can shave at number 1 and hide the scar

talk to you all tomorrow

Ok so this is basically what happened over the two days,

I arrived at The clinic slightly before 11am on Thursday where the nurse took my blood pressure and asked me a few medical questions, After that it was DR Krishnan who came and asked a few more medical questions, examined my head, and he talked about how many grafts would be placed in each area and he drew on the proposed new hair line, unfortunately for me my temples had started to go as well so he had to use 300 grafts on each of the temples, but he drew the hair line and temples in and showed me in the mirror and it was pretty much what I was expecting he also drew a circle in the crown where the remaining grafts would go, it was then pictures and my chance to ask Dr Krishnan any questions I had.

I then went into the procedure room where I had my head shaved all over and then taken for a hair wash, and then back in the chair, The staff put on one of the DVD's that I took with me and Dr Krishnan injected me just above each eyebrow with local anesthetic and a little bit in the back of my head, he then made 2500 small holes between my frontal third temples and crown. Twas then time for lunch which was a cheese sandwich and salad, packet of crisps and a twix. After lunch I was then lying face down whilst Dr Krishnan extracted 1500 grafts from my donor area, once this was done the technicians went to work under the doctors supervision of placing the grafts. Once this was done my head was bandaged up all over mand blood pressure was taken again, and the staff went other than DR K who waited with me for fifteen minutes until my dad arrived to pick me up. The whole day was from 11am until 8pm so very long.

I stayed at my parents house that night as my dad was taking me to and from both days and they had a lovely little Chinese waiting for me when I got there, after that I had a couple of co- codomol and straight to bed, I was not in any pain I just thought it may help me sleep more. I woke up once in the night for a few minutes and then back to sleep until about half seven.

The second day I arrived at the Hospital and went down stairs where I was met again by the technicians who first gave me a hair wash ad then again checked my blood pressure. Then back to theatre where DR K started again with extracting then lunch which was the same again then more face down for the last graft extractions, once this was done again I was sat up right whilst the technicians placed them under DR k's supervision. When this was done blood pressure, photographs and bandages and I left the second day was not as long and was between 11am and 6pm. Two very draining days though.

But DR Krishnan and his team are all very police professional and easy to talk to its obvious that he cares massively about what the final result will look like.

Definatley wear a top that you don't have to pull over your head, Just out of look I had a light weight hoodie that I wore in on the second day which was lucky as you wear the bandage over night and still have it on when you return to the clinic so I was able to put the surgical hat back on just before I got out my dads car and put my hood up so no one in the reception could really see. you are also given the medication on the second day which is anti biotics and steroid cream to help the swelling go down.

Before I went I bought myself a travel pillow from boots for sleeping on at nights but I was given one as part of the after care kit so if you havnt got one yet save yourself a tenner and use theirs.

C21 if I were you I would defo get some things to keep you entertained at home at least until the donor is healed up and you can go out with a cap on I appear to be just sat on the sofa watching TV waiting for tomorrow which I imagine will be my routing for the next couple of days until the donor is heled I imagin ill be in the house fr a week or so so plenty of dvds, my parents are also coming round and one or two of my close friends who know what iv had done so I wont be to bored hopefully.

After care kit is decent got everything you need in it really you have to spray your head every half hour with a CPM spray and ut a bandage type thing on for fourty five minutes twice a day, the oral and written after care is pretty decent you get a table chart with what you have to do each day so its pretty easy to keep track. I have a packet of Co_codomol how ever I don't think I will need it that much if at all.

I shall now add some photos but Its all very clean work.....

Here are the hair line, temples crown and donor area taken today one day out from surgery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092[1].JPG

Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	25575   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1093[2].JPG

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	25576   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1091[1].JPG

Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	25577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088[1].jpg

Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	25578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089[1].JPG

Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	25579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1087[1].JPG

Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	25580   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1084[1].jpg

Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	25581  

Glad to hear everything went well Joely! Pictures look really good- I bet you're really pleased!? Is it all a relief that you don't have I do any waiting for the op now? Although I bet that waiting it replaced with the waiting for healing & then growth!

Thanks for the detailed review of the day, especially so soon after your op! I'm also having a similar amount of FUE grafts so it was really helpful to see the same surgeons work, especially knowing that I'll be in your shoes in 15 days!

Hope it's all progressing nicely and the days aren't dragging too much! I've registered with Netflix this weekend after your comments and will make sure I get a new ps game. It might help take my mind of the itchy scalp a bit!!

How you getting on Joely? I'm on 12 days with my countdown. I'm strangely getting less anxious the closer the day gets! Are you still due to go back to work on day 13?

C21, Things are good im a week out now, But this last week has been so boring, I had just been sat in watching tele then id go out the house about 10pm and just go walking where I live for an hour

donor area is pretty much 100% healed now unless you were inspecting it very closely you wouldn't know, Frontal third is looking good healing nicely I think by the time I go back to work which will actually be 15 days after that should pretty much be un noticeable looking face on atm its barely noticeable but I think my height helps me in that prospective, the crown however is taking longer so im not sure how im going to hide that I asked the clinic about aloe vera and they told me not for three weeks.

My advice would be to tell a few friends you are having it done so at least they can come over, I only told one friend who was pretty decent and came over, I ended up after three days telling my on/off GF and shes been really good about it and come over lots, twas even a bit of relief telling her so I don't have to avoid her for a couple of months. but my friends who don't know keep asking why im avoiding them and it doesn't feel good so definitely if like me you see lots of your friends id definitely tell them so they don't think you re being a dick.

The after care pack they give you is good, I followed it to the letter for the first six days I was getting abit worried as it looked awful but then on day 6 when you apply the conditioner before washing it normally lots of the scabs came of and it look a hundred times better.

Scalp hasn't been that itchy and iv generally been looking after myself with diet and mild exercise, will take some pics and upload them shortly for you

Grafted hairs have not fallen much yet so when they do I don't know if that will expose more redness im hoping not as I have an internal job interview a few days after im back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1143[1].jpg

Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	25639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1142[1].jpg

Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	25640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1141[1].jpg

Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	25641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140[1].jpg

Size:	4.3 KB