+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yep. If you're satisfied, that's all that matters. Normal people on the street don't look at you and go, "gee, look at that Norwoord 4".

I think an NW 3 or NW 4 can still frame the face of a confident guy who just owns it. In my opinion, that's what it's all about, framing your face.
    smiles and bright eyes will always win

First off, there is no such thing as a Norwood 0. That is a term made up on Internet forums.

The existence of a "mature hairline," regardless of whether its a NW1 or a NW2, is based upon the observation that the hair in the hair line is highly sensitive to DHT after puberty and that many (probably most) men experience some level of recession in their hairline even when they are not balding. It is exceptionally rare to maintain a childhood hairline late into adulthood and it actually can look feminine and strange on some men. Many men can progress to what you would call a NW2 without ever experiencing significant hair loss, or it can take many years to happen.

A good surgeon will generally restore you to a NW2 because a) it gives the appearance of a full head of hair at 20 and at 80 and b) it reserves donor hair for the future. Your goals are not going to be the same when you're very young vs when you're older. A higher hair line will not only look more appropriate as you age, it will look more natural if you lose density over time.

Yep. If you're satisfied, that's all that matters. Normal people on the street don't look at you and go, "gee, look at that Norwoord 4".

I think an NW 3 or NW 4 can still frame the face of a confident guy who just owns it. In my opinion, that's what it's all about, framing your face.
    +1 own it

I've never had an HT but from what I've read, they should use a marker to draw on your scalp where the hairline would be.

As far as I know, a NW2 as it looks like on the charts would not be considered unattractive by any woman.

I'm a NW3 and with 4 inches length of hair on the top and 2 buzzcut all around the sides and back, I can recreate a NW1 and I get compliments on my hair all the time. Unless I pull back my hair and show them the Jude Law that I actually am.

I'm pretty sure HT doctors can give you NW0-1 if you have the donor for it but they just feel it's unethical and unrealistic to do that. It's not a limitation as in, that is all the surgeons are able to do, more like a limitation to what they allow you to have. But they could give you NW0-1, they are capable if you have the donor. If that's what you are asking. In other words, surgeons don't like giving NW1's.

I don't think a NW3+ is any good. I am a NW3/4 and have to wear a hat to avoid comments about my hair loss. That's definitely not a comfortable Norwood stage to be in. Also it makes it even worse if you are diffused NW3/4 like me.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I don't think a NW3+ is any good. I am a NW3/4 and have to wear a hat to avoid comments about my hair loss. That's definitely not a comfortable Norwood stage to be in. Also it makes it even worse if you are diffused NW3/4 like me.
    I see people on these forums fretting over NW1.5. I see confident people with NW4 on the streets with hot bitches on their arms.

There's no magic NW threshold. Actually, I'd assert that the magic threshold is within each individual when they let their hair loss permeate their mental and physical well-being.

Im just saying hair loss is hair loss even if its minor and not NW 2 level yet its still that guys right to shoot for NW 0/1 if they want it. Its their choice and some men might want that weird unnatural hair line because to them it might be normal its opinion really there is no right answer even if NW 2 is considered the official MPB start.
    NW 1 looks younger then a NW 2 and if looking younger if the goal of fighting MPB I dont see how that is wrong to want. If you think it looks stupid or unnatural that shoot for NW 2 I guess

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Im just saying hair loss is hair loss even if its minor and not NW 2 level yet its still that guys right to shoot for NW 0/1 if they want it. Its their choice and some men might want that weird unnatural hair line because to them it might be normal its opinion really there is no right answer even if NW 2 is considered the official MPB start.
    +1

I visited a HT Dr. And drew my hair line to him and got a weird look. When I do go for a HT I'm just going to say give me a nice mature hairline with 1500 grafts......... GO!

If 1500 can't help me so be it. Need to think 15-20 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    NW 1 looks younger then a NW 2 and if looking younger if the goal of fighting MPB I dont see how that is wrong to want. If you think it looks stupid or unnatural that shoot for NW 2 I guess
    You and yeahyeahyeah should get together so you can feed each others psychosis that being a NW 1/2 is a serious problem and is ruining your life....