+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    women that hang out in bars are not a good choice. Yes they are good for business but that’s about it.
    OP is 21 so business is the point

My mate who is a NW5, pulled 2 girls on NYE/January. Bars.

I am a NW2 with much thicker hair, and got no action.

He is very very confident, and to be honest doesn't care how women perceive him, he just tries his luck. Some girls wouldn't chat to him, by quickly killing the conversation thread, so he moves onto the next one. He is not sensitive like we all are to criticism.

I suspect a lot of guys on here, are so self concious that they dont have the balls to escalate sexually with the girl due to the fear of rejection.
    Yes fear of escalating can hinder you big time. If the girl is clearly into you you will be surprised how far she lets you go....waiting for her to do everything can send a signal of not being attracted/interested enough. & this can push her away because she will be uncomfortable
    However being NW5 in this scene is definitely a BIG disadvantage unless you look great w/ a shaved head. Unfortunately confidence alone is usually not enough in a club full of NW1-2's who are confident as well

yeahyeahyeah do you live in the UK? It seems like you can get away w/ balding younger there but I do not understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    OP is 21 so business is the point

Yes fear of escalating can hinder you big time. If the girl is clearly into you you will be surprised how far she lets you go....waiting for her to do everything can send a signal of not being attracted/interested enough. & this can push her away because she will be uncomfortable
    However being NW5 in this scene is definitely a BIG disadvantage unless you look great w/ a shaved head. Unfortunately confidence alone is usually not enough in a club full of NW1-2's who are confident as well

yeahyeahyeah do you live in the UK? It seems like you can get away w/ balding younger there but I do not understand why.
    We were in an environment where there were other NW1s or guys with significantly less hairloss, NW2 (me)

No, I was in Italy where this happened. A lot of Italian men were NW0s. My mate - Italian - isn't. So the competition is worse. The first girl ironically enough was American.

All I am saying he pulled and I didn't because he was masculine and had the balls to pull both girls. He could have been insecure about his baldness (like I am about my slight recession) and not have the confidence to pull either girl.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    I agree with the other posters here, night clubs are not the easiest or best way to find a girl (even if you have a full head of hair).
    Very true, I have always struggled even when I was a NW0.

I did a quick google search and found a regularly scheduled bald speed dating event in the New York area.
    So these things do already exist. According to the blog on the site I found, these particular events are very popular and always sells out to women.
    So if you're looking to level the field in terms of hair while looking for a date, I'd suggest googling that.

If you can find any in the UK or Europe let me know

Sounds closest to what you were looking for though, an event where all the men are bald.
    Of course, there is more to a man than their hair of lack thereof.

This is a most excellent piece of advice topcat, wise words.

The gym may or may not be that great for meeting women. I've found most gyms have more guys than girls.
    It's not the easiest scenario to try to chat to someone while they are out of breath or lifting heavy weights, focused on their routine.
    And don't you have to be huge and tall to be in MMA?
    Topcat is right though, that MMA is another place you might find a lot of bald/shaved guys (dunno if there would be many girls there?)
    Though certainly going to the gym to get a better physique is a good idea. Women love that.

I'd go with the finding your activity of interest advice topcat said

Social networking, meeting girls through friends helps a lot.

Last GF I met through a mate. Have another girl into me lately, or so it seems, got speaking to her on facebook. Found out we had so much in common,planning to meet up now.

Sounds like the worst idea of all time.

I have a friend, 24, NW6 (long haired NW6 too, not shaved), and not only is he bald, he is just unattractive in general. He's only about average height at 5'10", has pasty white skin, an unattractive face, a slight beer belly, and dresses like a bit of a slob.

He has just about everything working against him, but he exudes charisma and is one of the funniest people I know. He is also master of the "neg." Never seen anyone execute it better than him. Women just about cream their panties after talking to him. He does far better than I have ever even dreamt of doing in bars and clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Very true, I have always struggled even when I was a NW0.

Social networking, meeting girls through friends helps a lot.

Last GF I met through a mate. Have another girl into me lately, or so it seems, got speaking to her on facebook. Found out we had so much in common,planning to meet up now.
    Yes most men have sex only with girls they meet in/through their social group, or at work, etc. This is nothing to be concerned about, the image of clubs as "hookup central" is basically just marketing to attract male customers, it is not reality

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I have a friend, 24, NW6 (long haired NW6 too, not shaved), and not only is he bald, he is just unattractive in general. He's only about average height at 5'10", has pasty white skin, an unattractive face, a slight beer belly, and dresses like a bit of a slob.

He has just about everything working against him, but he exudes charisma and is one of the funniest people I know. He is also master of the "neg." Never seen anyone execute it better than him. Women just about cream their panties after talking to him. He does far better than I have ever even dreamt of doing in bars and clubs.
    If he is American he is not pulling. Social tactics like "negs" for men like him are 90% to amuse or befriend women, not get them in bed
    He might seem like he is impressing women when going out but if he looks as bad as you say he is basically celibate outside of relationships. It is easy to make it seem like you get laid a lot if you are socializing with women in public & getting phone numbers but, behind the scenes it is actually a very low % of guys who have true "casual" sex more than every 2-3 years (for many it is less than that, or never)

Trust me I have been in & out of this scene for years now. 20 something guys exaggerate strongly about their successes in these venues. Anyone who is srs about trying to pull from clubs: buying the idea that you can overcome bad appearance w/ just personality is sexual suicide. This idea comes from unattractive guys who want to feel better about their chances, or goodlooking guys who want to believe the world can be as good to everyone as it has been to them
    It might sound superficial or depressing but that is the society we live in....also it is why we all care about hair so damn much

You're absolutely right 25. What are the chances, even for a very good looking guy to have a one night stand at the club? Sometimes I go to a club with the same group of people, and every single week, it's the same, they pretend to have fun and that tonight's the night, they will close. And then nothing, again, and the next week, they'll try again, and still nothing etc. Not to mention the amount of money they spend on it.

Then they make fun of me because I sleep with girls I meet online, at social events or sometimes in coffee shops. "It's easier". Yes, of course it is, everything beats "going to the club" when it comes to meeting women. It's cheaper also, even free. It's a persistent stereotype, that the only acceptable venue to meet women is "the club". It's loud, it's sweaty, it's expensive and you're judged solely on your looks. Even with online dating, you still have a profile where people can read about your personality.

To OP, one simple question: do you even like going to clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You're absolutely right 25. What are the chances, even for a very good looking guy to have a one night stand at the club? Sometimes I go to a club with the same group of people, and every single week, it's the same, they pretend to have fun and that tonight's the night, they will close. And then nothing, again, and the next week, they'll try again, and still nothing etc. Not to mention the amount of money they spend on it.

Then they make fun of me because I sleep with girls I meet online, at social events or sometimes in coffee shops. "It's easier". Yes, of course it is, everything beats "going to the club" when it comes to meeting women. It's cheaper also, even free. It's a persistent stereotype, that the only acceptable venue to meet women is "the club". It's loud, it's sweaty, it's expensive and you're judged solely on your looks. Even with online dating, you still have a profile where people can read about your personality.

To OP, one simple question: do you even like going to clubs?
    Actually good reading this, puts things into perspective.

Often - I have fallen into the trap thinking that EVERY OTHER guy is getting laid at bars and clubs, when the reality is they are not.

There are already clubs out there for balding guys there called gyms if you want to get even more specific they’re MMA gyms. Lots of balding guys or most guys that simply shave their head as it’s part of the game. The women that train there are very attracted to them because they are looking for real men. These women either train there to be around them or they too are into fitness.

You meet women by doing things that are of interest to you whatever that activity happens to be. It then becomes about mutual interests, similar life goals, etc. I worked in the club industry for close to 30 years, women that hang out in bars are not a good choice. Yes they are good for business but that’s about it.
    I used to belong to a boxing gym and there were plenty of people there that shaved their heads and looked like bad-asses. As I've stated in other posts, I wish I could do this since I've always been a big guy and people have told me that a shaved head would suit me well in that regard. You accurately say how a person meets women doing things that are of similar interests. I've always been interested in the 80s rock scene and I would just not fit in in that scene as a bald man.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I used to belong to a boxing gym and there were plenty of people there that shaved their heads and looked like bad-asses. As I've stated in other posts, I wish I could do this since I've always been a big guy and people have told me that a shaved head would suit me well in that regard. You accurately say how a person meets women doing things that are of similar interests. I've always been interested in the 80s rock scene and I would just not fit in in that scene as a bald man.
    A quick question; how many of you guys just fall into relationships with women?...like it just happens, you meet a girl, really get along and before you know it dating her?