+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yeah I agree that I think nizoral is pretty over rated in terms of evidence, but hair loss treatments in general produce pretty pathetic results most of the time. Most pictures a guy that is badly balding before treatments is still almost identical afterwards.
    I still say MPB was not treatable until propecia. Without that your going bald. Your only shot is maybe an experimental like RU but that is possibly more dangerous then propecia if it even works. No natural supplement or treatment works remotely as well as propecia. If it does I am waiting to see the evidence because without it how can it be said it works better then any other snake oil?

Hair loss sufferers have tried everything to try to stop hair loss and regrow hair. I am sure if there was something besides the big 3 or dut we would have heard about it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I still say MPB was not treatable until propecia. Without that your going bald.
    Agree. If you are on BTT & your regimen does not include fin or dut, you need to accept that you are probably heading to at least NW5
    However it does seem like RU works pretty well for at least some guys

The Ultimate Regimen is dut, RU, minox and niz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    The Ultimate Regimen is dut, RU, minox and niz.
    How much more effective do you think that is than fin and minox alone (serious, not condescending question)?

I feel like fin + minox, or dut + minox (if fin doesnt work) is the most "bang for your buck", if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    How much more effective do you think that is than fin and minox alone (serious, not condescending question)?

I feel like fin + minox, or dut + minox (if fin doesnt work) is the most "bang for your buck", if you will.
    Considerably more effective I would say. This would be the ideal regimen for those with the most aggressive MPB. What's of even greater importance is starting fin/dut earlier!

What's good about RU is is blocks DHT AND T by taking up the androgen receptor. Fin/dut (especially dut) cause an increase in scalp testosterone so IMO a topical AA is ideal for the hairline/frontal area. Testosterone most likely DOES contribute to androalopecia, albeit not nearly as much as DHT does.

Big 3 should do the job for most. One thing I'd say though is to a) Throw RU in there if fin does no stop your recession, or do it as a preemptive measure if you don't mind the hassel, and b) Get your DHT tested because dut is the more efficient 5α-reductase inhibitor for most of the enzyme variants and you could unluckily be one of the poor bloaks that fin doesn't help much (ie me ) lol.

My hesitation with RU is like any other experimental chemical. Suppliers, vehicle, does it go systemic, and so on. I just dont feel comfortable that route even though I have no doubt a powerful AA can stop MPB dead in its tracks. I think MPB can be completely prevented but propecia is not enough too many androgens left over and your hair still is susceptible and has abnormally high amount of receptors your still going bald on propecia long term maybe just not as severe or as fast.

Maybe RU might be worth a shot, but I havent really seen alot of miracles with it, mostly similar results to fin(obviously enough to warrant a reccomendation).

Cant really reccomend Dut as it literally destroys your DHT, hasnt been studied enough but is obviously more powerful and thus will more likely have a more powerful affect than Fin.

other than that it's just guesses, hopes and prayers. But the research is definitely getting noticeably stronger.

I dont think its really ethical to recommend someone use an untested chemical like RU from an unregulated supplier. It really doesnt matter how many people on a forum claim something is legit or how many pics people post. Its dangerous to try anyway you spin it. Wait for a real proven safe treatment like CB in a few years. If you got cancer using experimental RU no one will help you.